• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Colombia, Philippines, Ecuador, Peru, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia and Cuba.

Brazil recently got Chiled, and Mexico's been the UPCA's territory since Bridgeworthy.

((Are we going after China/Japan?))

New character (goes into effect after the next update): Simon von Ritter
Birth year: 1870

Born in New York City to a German father and American mother, he left for Germany with his father when he was just 5 years after the death of his mother. He served in the German army for five years but was denied the opportunity to become an officer, despite his Junker heritage, because of his American birth. He returned to the land of his birth in 1893, against his father's wishes, and enlisted in the US Army. His talents were undeniable, and found himself promoted to Captain by the turn of the century.

Above all else, Simon is interested in US intervention in the Russo-German army. He is willing to do whatever it takes, including forming his own regiment to return to his homeland. He loves the United States, but is politically an independent. At least at the present time...

Last edited:
((Actually, I'm still around, but I have no interest in splitting the vote between the Federalists and the Democrats, so I'm considering voting for President Harrison.))

((Remember this is only the primaries, so you can vote for the Democrat you want and vote for Harrison later if you feel the ACP are a shoe-in otherwise.))

I vote in the Democratic primary for Nightmore. I will also comment that, in my case and I would imagine for most of the other Democrats - of whom there are as many as the ACP if not more - have declined from voting as to not spoil the chances of Harrison/BBB getting his reelection, as repayment for him running the thread and all.

I would also not use the speculation of the ACP on Democratic party size as any reliable indicator whatsoever.

George Walsh, campaigning in Virginia

My friends, you all pay taxes. You have to take some of you hard earned pay and give it to the taxman because the laws says you have to. And when the government gets your taxes, what does it spend them on? It spends them on an army to keep our borders safe, and doctors to keep men who are sick alive.

But does that really matter to you when you’ve lost your job, when you can’t pay the rent, when you can’t feed your families? What do armies and teacher and doctors mean then, when you’re in poverty, not because you are lazy or stupid, but because your bosses have gone bust? It’s time for a government that protects its people. A government that won’t rest until everyone can work, and everyone can pay the rent and everyone can feed their families.

Our system is wrong. We have lived for too long in a system where only the rich can get richer and everything goes to the greedy. This needs to change. The time of greedy capitalism is over. Now is the time for compassionate capitalism. Now is the time for an America that isn’t for ten people, or even for ten million people. It’s for everyone. The American Dream isn’t to be able to get as many money out of other Americans as you can, it’s for everyone to be able to get rich, no matter who you are, or who your father was.

The United States of America, that's out home. The most spectacular country in the world. We are close to our goal, but not quite yet there. A Nightmore presidency would work hard on creating jobs and keeping the peace. Wars are another enemy of the Working Class. All war are nothing but traps from the Economic Criminals. Nothing but excuses to weaken the workers by sending their sons to foreign battlefields. As president I would never take our young men to battle, if it wasn't for defending out borders. I would also fight hard to create jobs, because every man should be employed. That's the New Economy, a economy where the Working Man can work for an honest pay without fearing that the Economic Criminals on Wall Street will steal his wage and rob him of his way of living. Vote Nightmore, for a New Economy for a New Century.

((Are we going after China/Japan?))

((I honestly think every President since Williams has been trying to influence Japan, and we still have nothing.))

Above all else, Simon is interested in US intervention in the Russo-German army. He is willing to do whatever it takes, including forming his own regiment to return to his homeland. He loves the United States, but is politically an independent. At least at the present time...

((You do know that the Russo-German War is over... right?))

((I honestly think every President since Williams has been trying to influence Japan, and we still have nothing.))

((You do know that the Russo-German War is over... right?))

((The last update said it had just started; where did it say the war was over?))

((The last update said it had just started; where did it say the war was over?))

In the update for Harrison's term. December 25th, 1899.

Also, PM vote for Walsh by LeeroyJenkins.

((BBB, shouldn't we have lost Peru when they went commie? Or did we re-sphere them?

I'm asking because I might possibly want to make it some sort of huge deal that it really isn't next election. :D))

((I'm saying I want to make a huge deal out of Peru being commie, and I'm making fun of myself by saying it isn't a big deal and no one even seemed to realize or care until then.))

((My platform consisted of sending in the MEF into Peru to push out the commies and make it a democracy again, but did anyone want to listen? Noooooooope, they were too busy with their Messiah, Harrison, to worry about the good ideas Roderick had.))

Ah. My mistake. I forgot we'd lost them. Too busy screaming horrible insults at Chile and the UPCA in Brazil and Colombia to remember Peru was still out.

((BBB, can we pleeeeeaaaaase invade Peru to kick the commies out? I need something for being your VP :p))

I don't think there's a war-goal for that. How would you propose we handle it in-game?