+ Reply to Thread
Page 329 of 517 FirstFirst ... 229 254 279 304 319 327 328 329 330 331 339 354 379 404 429 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,580 of 10329

Thread: The Presidents: 1836-1936 - An Interactive US AAR

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Nonsense Mr Hayden! Stop you Scaremongering! American industry shall continue to grow and Americas economy shall continue to boom. It is only negativity from people like yourself that threatens our economy!

Alfred Howard
    Repersentative of Boston and CEO of Howard Industries
    •Colombia in WiR 1861 Mk. II
    •Scandinavia in WiR ALT 1901
    •The Shi Empire in Fallout: War Never Changes

Formally The Swiss Confederation in WiR 1900 Gran Colombia in Pure Madness 2 Iron Hills in Lord without Rings Scandinavia in BoP 1946, The Kingdom of Naples in KaK, The Kingdom of Naples in WiR 1756, Gran Colombia/Bavaria in WiR 1861, Gran Colombia in (Alt Hist) WiR 1815, Denmark in WiR 1804, Argentina in WiR 1836, UK in WiR 2020, USA in WiR 1776 Lite, Human-Sandhana in Dark Horizons, Human-Sandhana in Dark Horizons 2.0, Zouche in The Kingdom, Goldschmidt in Crisis in the Reichstag, Howard in The Presidents, Vanderbilt in Empires: Commerce and Industry, Frazer in Twenty Thousand Leagues and La Plata in Pure Madness

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Samuel Lee Davis
    FEC: Nay

David Hensdale
    Mayor of Richmond, Virginia
    Creator of World in Revolution
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week Feb 05, 2012 | 3rd Place Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 (Round 2) for Empire of the Pacific | Awarded Fan of the Week September 16th, 2012 | Awarded 2012 VictAARian Cross for Empire of the Pacific

Resident Revolutionary blindgoose's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire5793 View Post
    Nonsense Mr Hayden! Stop you Scaremongering! American industry shall continue to grow and Americas economy shall continue to boom. It is only negativity from people like yourself that threatens our economy!

Alfred Howard
    Repersentative of Boston and CEO of Howard Industries
    "Negativity" What metaphysical hogwash. What threatens our economy is the financialization and creation of a fictional market, composed solely of the trading of paper. The only reason you seek to draw attention away from my points and candidacy so that you can continue to profit until the last second and leave the government and working people holding the tab and in dire straits.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Actually, we have the gold standard... ((at least, I think we do...)) so it's not trading of paper. I hate the fearmongering, since I was accused of it years ago (by your fatehr actually, Mr. Howard)...
    Franz Ferdinand von Habsburg-Lorraine (18 December 1863) in theAhawk's A Federation of "Equals"
    General Pierre Maurice Pilon, War Commissar (b. 19 January 1866) in Thunderhawk's Edge of Europe , EoE Secondary Character: Director/Actor/Playwright Leo Frost (b. 1879)
    Prince Yamagata Aritomo, Marshal and Prime Minister of Greater Japan (and the 'Civilian' Government in general) in Keldonia's A Question of Power
    Marcus Servilius Geminus (b. 29 May 671 AVC) in Plank of Wood's SPQR - The Republic of Rome , Salvatore Mauro (b. 1879) in Dadarian's The Family
    The Durrani Empire in Frymonmon's WiR: 1778
    Fan of the Week 10.7.12 , 1.6.14 : Role PlayAAR of the Month June, 2014
    Has the Invisible Pink Unicorn's divine horn been thrust into you today? Well, has it!?
    "We don't want to not kill people, we want to win." ~ Keperry, 2014

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardo93 View Post
    Actually, we have the gold standard... ((at least, I think we do...)) so it's not trading of paper. I hate the fearmongering, since I was accused of it years ago (by your fatehr actually, Mr. Howard)...
    ((Historically, this is the beginning of the creation of the financial sector. In Marxist terms, the gold doesn't matter, there is no actual labor being traded, merely ownership or debt. Thus the phrase "fictional economy".))

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

With this recent talk of intervening abroad, I would add that under my leadership, the United States would not go to war unless attacked or called upon by an ally. I would define allies as those countries we have a formal treaty with, approved by the Senate.

((Do we have a formal alliance with UK or German Empire?))
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Daniel Vallejo's presidency has been good to us. But the only way this boom is to be continued is if we have the square deal Joe Hayden proposes.

Democrat: Joe Hayden
    FEC: Aye
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

The President's 1836-1936: Potentially with more zombies.

John Sharp, Federal senator for Indiana in The Presidents, born 1882.
    Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by blindgoose View Post
    "Negativity" What metaphysical hogwash. What threatens our economy is the financialization and creation of a fictional market, composed solely of the trading of paper. The only reason you seek to draw attention away from my points and candidacy so that you can continue to profit until the last second and leave the government and working people holding the tab and in dire straits.
    Pessimistic words only serve to destabilise the markets and destroy the confidence of consumers. Our economy will only fail because of men like yourself.

Alfred Howard
    Repersentative of Boston & CEO of Howard Industries
    •Colombia in WiR 1861 Mk. II
    •Scandinavia in WiR ALT 1901
    •The Shi Empire in Fallout: War Never Changes

Formally The Swiss Confederation in WiR 1900 Gran Colombia in Pure Madness 2 Iron Hills in Lord without Rings Scandinavia in BoP 1946, The Kingdom of Naples in KaK, The Kingdom of Naples in WiR 1756, Gran Colombia/Bavaria in WiR 1861, Gran Colombia in (Alt Hist) WiR 1815, Denmark in WiR 1804, Argentina in WiR 1836, UK in WiR 2020, USA in WiR 1776 Lite, Human-Sandhana in Dark Horizons, Human-Sandhana in Dark Horizons 2.0, Zouche in The Kingdom, Goldschmidt in Crisis in the Reichstag, Howard in The Presidents, Vanderbilt in Empires: Commerce and Industry, Frazer in Twenty Thousand Leagues and La Plata in Pure Madness

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by King50000 View Post
    And what loss Mr Carlsson? Aside from the casualties among the civilian population thanks to the actions of Williams, there has been no massive loss of people living within the south.
    I refer to the slavery issue, since most slaves moved on to the northern states or returned to africa in the worst moments of the civil war.

And please do not take my word as fact, I am not more than a simple southern gentleman, maybe I was told something else by our civil war veterans.
    Former Fan of the Week

1 Aristocrat
    Nationality: South Andean
    Religion: Catholic
    Ideology: Conservative
    Rebel type: Reactionary
    Issues: Pro-life

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by thekinguter View Post
    I refer to the slavery issue, since most slaves moved on to the northern states or returned to africa in the worst moments of the civil war.

And please do not take my word as fact, I am not more than a simple southern gentleman, maybe I was told something else by our civil war veterans.
    ((There has been no migration north from what I have been able to see in each update, so all the African-Americans that were living in the south before the war are still there.))

When exactly have they moved north? From what I have heard from our civil workers in the census bureau, they have remained in the south, working in the factories there and alongside the whites in the share-cropping fields.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

King is right here, TTL the biggest post-Civil War migration has been the one West. It was made quicker by the Influenza Epidemic of 1862, which sprang from the South, but apart from that, there haven't been any specifically Southern factors.

PS. Would anyone object to the presidential race getting started late today?

Current Sitrep on Primary:

Federal: Vallejo projected to win by certain analysts, whose sanity has been called into question.
    ACP: Lee Davis ahead with 4 to 2. Union veterans and bored youngsters ready pitchforks.
    Democratic: Hayden in a three-nil lead on Mr. Nightmore. Alcoholics rejoice.

FEC
    8/2/0, passing by a wide margin so far.
    Last edited by BigBadBob; 11-12-2011 at 15:22.
    Sir Robert, OLIR, Sovereign of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert
    Knights of the Order: TemplarComander, loki100, Enewald, Chris Taylor, Nathan Madien, Svip, Slan, (Mr.) Capiatlist, LeCare, Redandwhite, ThunderHawk3
    Ever wanted to become President? Now you have the chance in The Presidents: 1836 - 1936 - An Interactive US AAR!
    Current President: Richard A. Jarvis (R)
    Current V-President: William Gallatin (R)

Joseph Henry Harrison (1903 - 19??), General, US Army, ret.
    My Inkwell

ooc: no.
    God GM in A Clash of Kings: A Song of Ice and Fire.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...f-Ice-and-Fire.

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

((Nope, go ahead whenever you want it.))

Okay. I'm calling it.

Polls are Closed.

Candidates are:
    Federal: Daniel Vallejo
    ACP: Samuel Lee Davis
    Democratic: Joe Hayden

Get platforms to me ASAP.

FEC passes 8/2/0.
    Knights of the Order: TemplarComander, loki100, Enewald, Chris Taylor, Nathan Madien, Svip, Slan, (Mr.) Capiatlist, LeCare, Redandwhite, ThunderHawk3
    Ever wanted to become President? Now you have the chance in The Presidents: 1836 - 1936 - An Interactive US AAR!

My Inkwell

General in Chief of the CSA Projekt 919's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBob View Post
    Okay. I'm calling it.

Polls are Closed.

Candidates are:
    Federal: Daniel Vallejo
    ACP: Samuel Lee Davis
    Democratic: Joe Hayden

Get platforms to me ASAP.

FEC passes 8/2/0.
    ((See Post 6557 for my Platform. My vp will be Mr. Garret ))
    1st Knight and Grandmaster of the Order of Southern Paradoxians
    Unreconstructed and Nationalist Southern Intellectual
    Descendant of James Clarke Taylor, Who's 34th Georgia Regiment was sacrificed in vain by General Pemberton in an attempt to slow the Northern Armies
    A believer in that faint glimmer of hope that we Southerners will not fall into the dustbin of history and may one day have our own Country Again
    Avid reader and student of Faulkner
    Expert on North Korea and lover of History in General
    Permenant Fan (And within Paradox Games, Player) of Lost Causes
    Student of International Affairs
    Confederate Ronin of Clan Taylor, second to Tufto-san, the Daimyo of Groan
    (Join the Order of Southern Paradoxians at: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...hp?groupid=531 and I will send you your Number by PM)

((Give me a bit to contact possible VPs. I didn't actually think I'd win.))

Mr. Howard, it is not the sober-mindedness of forward looking men like myself which will bring our economy crashing down. No, rather, it is the impulsive, short-sighted action of greedy men as yourself which will guarantee it.

There are two ideas of government. There are those who believe that if you legislate to make the wealthy prosperous, that their prosperity will be bestowed benevolently by them upon those who make their prosperity possible. The Democratic idea has been that if you legislate to make the working-class prosperous, their prosperity will find its way up and through every class that rests upon it. For the producing masses, are the consuming masses, and their prosperity is the direct instigator of the prosperity of the owners.

You come to us and tell us that the great barons of industry and finance are in favor of the gold standard. I tell you that the great barons rest upon these broad and fertile prairies, upon the toil and labor of the industrial and agrarian working-class. Disappear your great barons and leave our farms and ingenuity, and your industry and prosperity will spring up again as if by magic. But destroy our farms and ingenuity, and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.

If they dare to come out in the open field and defend the gold standard, their fictional economy, as a good thing, we shall fight them to the uttermost, having behind us the working-classes of the nation and the world. Having behind us the ingenuity and productivity all the toiling masses, we shall answer their demands for a gold standard by saying to them, you shall not press down upon the brow of labor this crown of thorns. You shall not crucify mankind upon a cross of gold.

((I hope no one minds my borrowing WJB's historic phrase.))

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Projekt 919 View Post
    ((See Post 6557 for my Platform. My vp will be Mr. Garret ))
    Congratulations, Mr. Davis. A hard fought election it was, but I am proud to serve as your Vice Presidential Candidate.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Introducing...

Charles Alexander Harper (Born 1854)

Occupation:: U.S Marine Expeditionary Force (Brigadier General)
    Hometown: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Ideology: Independent Socialist
    Party Affiliation: Democrat

Charles was born to a factory foreman and a school teacher, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
    Although economic circumstances forced him to leave school early and work as a butcher's apprentice, he was fortunate to be able to make up his study when he gained a diploma at the local union-sponsored trade school where his mother worked. As a result of his academic enthusiasm Charles was accepted to study at West Point when he turned 18.
    Upon his graduation he was commissioned in the army as a logistical officer in California. However the Spanish-American War revealed a glaring lack of success in retaining or retraining officers for the MEF due to rapid rearmament in the lead up to hostilities.
    For volunteering as a Marine combat officer, Charles was rewarded an early promotion and was sent to the Phillipines as a full Captain in the Second Marine Expeditionary Force. After serving with distinction in the battles in the jungle and with a bloody rate of attrition amongst the brigade officers he eventually found himself as a Major in General Fallon's staff. He himself would be wounded at Borongan City, forcing his return to San Fransico.
    While on medical leave he was feted as a hero and awarded medals by an administration that wanted to expolit the popularity of war heroes for reelection.
    Charles was not free from his duties entirely and when he returned to the Philippines he was made the military governor of Luzon. Successes in maintaining order and integration of veteran volunteer companies later assured him a promotion to Colonel and the governance of the Philippine capital until 1883.
    After Philippine independence made his position redundant he returned to Pittsburgh and married his longtime fiance Deidre Callahan, the daughter of the famous union leader and former President. He continued to remain outside of the political sphere, though his past and present socialist connections allowed him to attain the rank of Brigadier General ahead of many senior army officers as the MEF became the beneficiary of three consecutive pro-military Presidents.

Excellent. Nice to meet you Mr. Harper.

I now only need the Democratic Platform and VP pick, and I'll be good to go.

My Inkwell

+ Reply to Thread