+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 517 FirstFirst ... 11 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 61 86 111 136 ... LastLast

Thread: The Presidents: 1836-1936 - An Interactive US AAR

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Caezaire View Post
    1) each senator must be at least 30 years old, 2) must have been a citizen of the United States for at least the past nine years, and 3) must be (at the time of the election) an inhabitant of the state he or she seeks to represent. Uh maybe you were born in 1805 not 1815?
    ((Whoops; you caught me there. We'll take MikeBoy's solution.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeboy View Post
    ((He can be a Representative as far as I remember the age limit for that's 25, also BBB I think you forgot to put the Presidential Election 1940 on the first post.))
    ((A representative I shall be!))
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have finished, check out the winners!! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Alrighty. Excellent speech Mr. President.

People, 'tis time for one more vote before I play the next four years through.

It's a yes or no vote.

Do you give President Cameron the right to act as he believes is best for these United States, when it comes to affairs with Santa Anna and his shameless Napoleonic Empire of Mexico.

(In essence, can Cameron declare war on Mexico once we get Manifest Destiny).

PS. The 1841 Presidential is now linked, albeit way too late. Thanks for notifying me of that glaring mistake Mikeboy.
    Last edited by BigBadBob; 22-04-2011 at 23:02.
    Sir Robert, OLIR, Sovereign of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert
    Knights of the Order: TemplarComander, loki100, Enewald, Chris Taylor, Nathan Madien, Svip, Slan, (Mr.) Capiatlist, LeCare, Redandwhite, ThunderHawk3
    Ever wanted to become President? Now you have the chance in The Presidents: 1836 - 1936 - An Interactive US AAR!
    Current President: Richard A. Jarvis (R)
    Current V-President: William Gallatin (R)

Joseph Henry Harrison (1903 - 19??), General, US Army, ret.
    My Inkwell

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Yes
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

The President's 1836-1936: Potentially with more zombies.

John Sharp, Federal senator for Indiana in The Presidents, born 1882.
    Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

General in Chief of the CSA Projekt 919's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Yes
    1st Knight and Grandmaster of the Order of Southern Paradoxians
    Unreconstructed and Nationalist Southern Intellectual
    Descendant of James Clarke Taylor, Who's 34th Georgia Regiment was sacrificed in vain by General Pemberton in an attempt to slow the Northern Armies
    A believer in that faint glimmer of hope that we Southerners will not fall into the dustbin of history and may one day have our own Country Again
    Avid reader and student of Faulkner
    Expert on North Korea and lover of History in General
    Permenant Fan (And within Paradox Games, Player) of Lost Causes
    Student of International Affairs
    Confederate Ronin of Clan Taylor, second to Tufto-san, the Daimyo of Groan
    (Join the Order of Southern Paradoxians at: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...hp?groupid=531 and I will send you your Number by PM)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

No
    Creator of World in Revolution
    <Haresus> [#WiR_Main] proves why monarchies and dictatorships are not completely rubbish.
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week Feb 05, 2012 | 3rd Place Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 (Round 2) for Empire of the Pacific | Awarded Fan of the Week September 16th, 2012 | Awarded 2012 VictAARian Cross for Empire of the Pacific

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Yes
    Amanda Shaw, Secretary of the Interior (b. 1890)
    in BigBadBob's The Presidents 1836-1936 an Interactive V2 AAR

Alfonz Aljaz of the State of the South Slavs (b. 1800)
    in theAhawks's A Federation of "Equals"

Empire's dead, the issues inherent with creating a functional mod of that timespan are just too much.

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeboy View Post
    Yes
    I probably shouldn't count the vote of the man who proposed the bill.
    Knights of the Order: TemplarComander, loki100, Enewald, Chris Taylor, Nathan Madien, Svip, Slan, (Mr.) Capiatlist, LeCare, Redandwhite, ThunderHawk3
    Ever wanted to become President? Now you have the chance in The Presidents: 1836 - 1936 - An Interactive US AAR!

My Inkwell

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBob View Post
    I probably shouldn't count the vote of the man who proposed the bill.
    Well, it wasn't a bad try.
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

The President's 1836-1936: Potentially with more zombies.

John Sharp, Federal senator for Indiana in The Presidents, born 1882.
    Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I, Archibald Cartwright, am overjoyed to not see the SNP obtaining the Presidency. I am also pleased to see that my Foreign affairs policies have been adopted by this administration.

I am also voting YES on our ability to Manifest Destiny. God bless America.
    Tok plays EU4: Wealth of Nations - Venice - a video Let's Play in which we try to dominate trade in the Mediterranean and beyond!
    Tok plays Hearts of Iron III - Germany - a video Let's Play of the German warmachine, starting in 1936, partly exhibition and partly tutorial.

Click here to check out my YouTube channel for even more games you might enjoy!

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"

-Theodore Roosevelt

It is the destiny of our Grand Republic to dominate the North American Continent. Across the Rockies lie lands which belong to us by divine providence. It is with this in mind that I vote Yes to the proposal that President-elect Cameron be given the power to declare war on Mexico once his term begins.

Robert Parker,
    Speech in Columbus, Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by stratego937 View Post
    ...once his term begins.
    It wouldn't be the moment, or even year, his term begins, but the day we get Manifest Destiny.

My Inkwell

With current negotiations proceeding, it is necessary that all options may be left open to resist the gross and baseless occupation of Mexican troops on territory rightfully claimed by the United States and the state of Texas. It is troubling, furthermore, that other populations of American settlers in the Western portion of this continent are being persecuted much the same was as Texas was. Though war is to be feared, question of how to prevent these persecutions and resolve the borders of Mexico and the United States must be resolved.

I vote Yes.
    Interactive AARs:
    Mutual Assured Destruction: The Presidents 1836-1936: Former Vice President William Gallatin
    Forward the Revolution(s)!: A Federation of "Equals" : Naval Officer Klemens Haas

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

The acquiescence of new lands will bring about the question of slavery again to the forefront of our politics. Thus I must say NAY to the proposal to declare war on sovereign Mexico
    Daniel (Danny) Dagher, Mayor of New York City
    in BBB's American AAR

Senatore di Venezia, Leone de Marino. Interior Minister of the Republic of Cisalpina

In Ahawk's Federation of Equals Interactive AAR.

Pedro de Cordova.

In ThunderHawks Interactive V2 AAR

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

My vote shall be, as expected by my background, Yes for President Cameron to act as he pleases towards the tyrany of the Mexican Empire. Numerous skirmishes have already been reported along the frontier and it is only a matter of time before all out war is seen against us. Me, my men, and the rest of the U.S. Military stand ready to protect the people of our great nation. May God protect the Union for these next four years and bring unity to our shaking Government.
    -Speech by Nicolas Khur Outside of Fort Pike, New Orleans

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Yes! Perhaps with new lands, immigrants can find more opportunities out West.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have finished, check out the winners!! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

The Republic of Man, an alternate U.S. where Jefferson and Paine's ideas held more sway early on.
    As a Whig I reject Manifest Destiny in favor of building up the lands we already occupy, especially not to free up more land in the South for Southern slavers to expand their peculiar institution into. The Davis compromise gives any new state below the line of compromise an entitlement to hold its own vote on the matter, and we all know how slaveocratic guerrillas tend to influence events and overturn laws they dislike, just as in Texas. Just as the Texans and the SNP held that it was not truly nullification as Texas was not yet a member of the US (and thus could theoretically choose how it wants to enter the union), any territory we released would just be taken over by settlers who would threaten to form their own new republics should we try to enforce legitimate federal laws upon them. And any referendum in such territories would be a joke - despite being a distinct minority, slaveocrats have peculiar notions about democracy being more about gunplay than ballot boxes. If Texas was willing to use arms to resist a federal law,that means any Southern influenced territory would be perfectly willing to kill its own freesoil minded residents should the anti-slavery vote outweigh the pro-slavery vote. So the very idea of these referendums is a joke, the South and the SNP would never allow a democratic majority to enforce anti-slavery laws anywhere South of the line of compromise.

This is why we should not war with Mexico and should not entertain Manifest Destiny - Manifest Destiny is the crux of Jacksonianism, and as Whigs were we not so long ago formed as a coalition specifically AGAINST "King Andrew" ?

This is the folly of National Unionism. I helped Cameron get elected, but I'll be damned if I don't go out of this mortal coil like a Whig.

Nay, Nay, forever Nay!
    Dio Guerrero from Arica (b. 1836), Communist, democrat, Resistance fighter in ThunderHawk's "Shadow of the Andes" AAR

Liberal philosopher and Nantucket native Prof. Simon Firefly in BBB's "The Presidents" Interactive AAR

There are two ideas of government. There are those who believe that, if you will only legislate to make the well-to-do prosperous, their prosperity will leak through on those below. The democratic idea, however, has been that if you legislate to make the masses prosperous, their prosperity will find its way up through every class which rests up on them. - William Jennings Bryan (1896)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Rogov View Post
    As a Whig I reject Manifest Destiny in favor of building up the lands we already occupy, especially not to free up more land in the South for Southern slavers to expand their peculiar institution into. The Davis compromise gives any new state below the line of compromise an entitlement to hold its own vote on the matter, and we all know how slaveocratic guerrillas tend to influence events and overturn laws they dislike, just as in Texas. Just as the Texans and the SNP held that it was not truly nullification as Texas was not yet a member of the US (and thus could theoretically choose how it wants to enter the union), any territory we released would just be taken over by settlers who would threaten to form their own new republics should we try to enforce legitimate federal laws upon them. And any referendum in such territories would be a joke - despite being a distinct minority, slaveocrats have peculiar notions about democracy being more about gunplay than ballot boxes. If Texas was willing to use arms to resist a federal law,that means any Southern influenced territory would be perfectly willing to kill its own freesoil minded residents should the anti-slavery vote outweigh the pro-slavery vote. So the very idea of these referendums is a joke, the South and the SNP would never allow a democratic majority to enforce anti-slavery laws anywhere South of the line of compromise.

This is why we should not war with Mexico and should not entertain Manifest Destiny - Manifest Destiny is the crux of Jacksonianism, and as Whigs were we not so long ago formed as a coalition specifically AGAINST "King Andrew" ?

This is the folly of National Unionism. I helped Cameron get elected, but I'll be damned if I don't go out of this mortal coil like a Whig.

Nay, Nay, forever Nay!
    This is the only tiem I will find myself agreeing with a Whig! I wish our nation to be built as it is now, and to be honest - even as a SNP member and a Southerner, I do NOT want to see slavery's expansion, as the ensuring political fight could be the very things I warned against in my concession speech.
    Creator of World in Revolution
    <Haresus> [#WiR_Main] proves why monarchies and dictatorships are not completely rubbish.
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week Feb 05, 2012 | 3rd Place Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 (Round 2) for Empire of the Pacific | Awarded Fan of the Week September 16th, 2012 | Awarded 2012 VictAARian Cross for Empire of the Pacific

Quote Originally Posted by Rogov View Post

Nay, Nay, forever Nay!
    Who said anything about taking land? - not Mr. Cameron nor Mr. Bob in his declaration of the legislation which we vote on. ((IC none of us have any reason to suspect we'll land grab later, although we can perhaps denounce such things later as a war progresses))

It is the lives and freedoms of Americans that this is concerned about. The Mexican government continues to occupy the border regions of the United States, infringing on our sovereignty and slowly bleeding Texas in their own way. Meanwhile, Santa Anna, who declared his intention to turn Texas into a "graveyard" is overseeing the persecution of even more American citizens and nationals. Alta California. Arizona. Nuevo México. The liberties of the citizens in these and other regions must be protected - both our own people who find themselves forced against the wall of the vengeful Mexican state, and the other people of those lands who too feel the cruel neglect. The government of Mexico will not accept the basic rights of their own people, much less our own, or our sovereign territory, as it exists now. Perhaps the threat of force may dissuade them.
    Interactive AARs:
    Mutual Assured Destruction: The Presidents 1836-1936: Former Vice President William Gallatin
    Forward the Revolution(s)!: A Federation of "Equals" : Naval Officer Klemens Haas

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Gloa View Post
    Who said anything about taking land? - not Mr. Cameron nor Mr. Bob in his declaration of the legislation which we vote on. ((IC none of us have any reason to suspect we'll land grab later, although we can perhaps denounce such things later as a war progresses))

It is the lives and freedoms of Americans that this is concerned about. The Mexican government continues to occupy the border regions of the United States, infringing on our sovereignty and slowly bleeding Texas in their own way. Meanwhile, Santa Anna, who declared his intention to turn Texas into a "graveyard" is overseeing the persecution of even more American citizens and nationals. Alta California. Arizona. Nuevo México. The liberties of the citizens in these and other regions must be protected - both our own people who find themselves forced against the wall of the vengeful Mexican state, and the other people of those lands who too feel the cruel neglect. The government of Mexico will not accept the basic rights of their own people, much less our own, or our sovereign territory, as it exists now. Perhaps the threat of force may dissuade them.
    I must agree with this. By allowing President Cameron to act as he sees fit against the tyranny of Mexico, he may not seek to take new states/regions away from Mexico. Mearly regain the lost lands of Texas and ensure the protection of our fellow Americans living under Mexican oppression if he sees to do so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 517 FirstFirst ... 11 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 61 86 111 136 ... LastLast