+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 517 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 34 59 84 109 ... LastLast

Thread: The Presidents: 1836-1936 - An Interactive US AAR

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by ATTACK77 View Post
    If there is a draw at your deadline Bob, I'd suggest just saying ''next vote wins''. Simple and fair.
    Good. I like it. Golden Vote. Anyone with major objections to Golden Vote?
    Sir Robert, OLIR, Sovereign of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert
    Knights of the Order: TemplarComander, loki100, Enewald, Chris Taylor, Nathan Madien, Svip, Slan, (Mr.) Capiatlist, LeCare, Redandwhite, ThunderHawk3
    Ever wanted to become President? Now you have the chance in The Presidents: 1836 - 1936 - An Interactive US AAR!
    Current President: Richard A. Jarvis (R)
    Current V-President: William Gallatin (R)

Joseph Henry Harrison (1903 - 19??), General, US Army, ret.
    My Inkwell

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Hark, a Democrat has invented this idea. I will only agree if Mr. King agrees.

[yeah, whatever, its a fine idea ;-)].

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

wait, for that golden vote, does that mean that the next person who hasnt vote votes will end it or the next person to vote once the deadline is over but has already voted will end the tie?

Quote Originally Posted by King50000 View Post
    wait, for that golden vote, does that mean that the next person who hasnt vote votes will end it or the next person to vote once the deadline is over but has already voted will end the tie?
    The next person, who has not voted before, will decide the election.
    Knights of the Order: TemplarComander, loki100, Enewald, Chris Taylor, Nathan Madien, Svip, Slan, (Mr.) Capiatlist, LeCare, Redandwhite, ThunderHawk3
    Ever wanted to become President? Now you have the chance in The Presidents: 1836 - 1936 - An Interactive US AAR!

My Inkwell

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBob View Post
    The next person, who has not voted before, will decide the election.
    ok, i was a little confused

ok, i was a little confused
    It's okay. We're all a little confused.

My Inkwell

but now im sad cause it looks like we shall have a whig president this early in the game T.T

but now im sad cause it looks like we shall have a whig president this early in the game T.T
    Yeah, officially I'm not supposed to care who wins, and mostly don't, but I'm sorta scared of how I'm going to handle the whole abolition plan if you win Mr. King. A Civil War in 1837 would be a little... odd.

My Inkwell

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

What's the vote count?
    My current AAR, A Welshman's Quest for Doritos. Fetch the doritos, and settle down to wathc my comedy of errors! On hiatus at the moment.

The President's 1836-1936: Potentially with more zombies.

John Sharp, Federal senator for Indiana in The Presidents, born 1882.
    Formerly Eldud Walsh, former President in The Presidents. Then George Walsh, Democratic Senator for Virginia.

FNT Candidate for President David Bevan, born 1857 in the Shadow of the Andes. Come and join the fun!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBob View Post
    Yeah, officially I'm not supposed to care who wins, and mostly don't, but I'm sorta scared of how I'm going to handle the whole abolition plan if you win Mr. King. A Civil War in 1837 would be a little... odd.
    do the southern states even have enough of a population to mobilize any form of resistance this early or would the loyal troops just walk right over which states rebel?

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDude View Post
    What's the vote count?
    i think its king = 7 and McAttack = 6

i think its king = 7 and McAttack = 6
    That is correct. I'm going to turn in, so if anyone has further questions, I'll answer them tomorrow.

My Inkwell

The Republic of Man, an alternate U.S. where Jefferson and Paine's ideas held more sway early on.
    Early slavery crisis, involving the U.S. in the affairs of Europe and the great game over India simultaneously - no one can say a King presidency would be boring.
    Dio Guerrero from Arica (b. 1836), Communist, democrat, Resistance fighter in ThunderHawk's "Shadow of the Andes" AAR

Liberal philosopher and Nantucket native Prof. Simon Firefly in BBB's "The Presidents" Interactive AAR

There are two ideas of government. There are those who believe that, if you will only legislate to make the well-to-do prosperous, their prosperity will leak through on those below. The democratic idea, however, has been that if you legislate to make the masses prosperous, their prosperity will find its way up through every class which rests up on them. - William Jennings Bryan (1896)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogov View Post
    Early slavery crisis, involving the U.S. in the affairs of Europe and the great game over India simultaneously - no one can say a King presidency would be boring.
    when did he say we were gona mess around with europe and india?

The vote's not over until Derek does the presidental vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega124 View Post
    The vote's not over until Derek does the presidental vote.
    who does what now?

who does what now?
    Last page. Some user voted on Texas, but not the presidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega124 View Post
    Last page. Some user voted on Texas, but not the presidental.
    ohhhhh, i forgot all about him. so there is some hope left for at least a tie
    Last edited by King50000; 16-04-2011 at 04:14.

when did he say we were gona mess around with europe and india?
    ((I think that's in reference to
    British India has made the Empire the most powerful nation on Earth. They can easily get any goods they want from India and export them to all the other markets. If America is to increase her power, we must create a monopoly of ourselves. We do not suggest creating a colony, but we are suggesting creating a propaganda campaign. Make it look like America is helping them fight the Europeans, and show them what happened to India. Increase our support over there, and our merchants may receive special treatment.
    It's a bit confusing as to what this means, but I think it's actually referring to Liberia - supporting Liberia to form into something analogous to what India was to the British - or maybe it's just referring to other countries in general.))

ohhhhh, i forgot all about him. so there is some hope left for at least a tie
    Some hope, perhaps, but considering that Free Texas supporters seem to be the more radical among the Whigs...

Quote Originally Posted by Gloa View Post
    ((I think that's in reference to

It's a bit confusing as to what this means, but I think it's actually referring to Liberia - supporting Liberia to form into something analogous to what India was to the British - or maybe it's just referring to other countries in general.))

Some hope, perhaps, but considering that Free Texas supporters seem to be the more radical among the Whigs...
    he could always be a young jackson and support the democrats while allowing texas to be a free state. and thanks for clearing up the whole india thing, i forgot he had said that. liberia seems to fit in with what he was saying

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 517 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 34 59 84 109 ... LastLast