Cannot terminate war! Warscore =100, but war leader refuses to even make peace offer

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gcoppedge

Private
6 Badges
Mar 5, 2007
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
Am fighting as Germany vs. a coalition of UK/Ottomans/Russia/et al. Originally, the UK was the war leader. Then Russia joined the war (they weren't part of the alliance originally) and became the war leader. The Russian, Ottoman and other smaller allied lands have been 100% occupied and the UK army has almost completely been wiped out. However, I am only able to negotiate with Russia since it is the war leader. My warscore is at 100%, but the accumulated territories set as war goals is equal to almost 300 (for each completely occupied country this war goal value is less than 100%). Russia refuses to offer any peace. Germany occupies 500+ enemy provinces at this point. How do I negotiate an end to this war?

Am fighting as Germany vs. a coalition of UK/Ottomans/Russia/et al. Originally, the UK was the war leader. Then Russia joined the war (they weren't part of the alliance originally) and became the war leader. The Russian, Ottoman and other smaller allied lands have been 100% occupied and the UK army has almost completely been wiped out. However, I am only able to negotiate with Russia since it is the war leader. My warscore is at 100%, but the accumulated territories set as war goals is equal to almost 300 (for each completely occupied country this war goal value is less than 100%). Russia refuses to offer any peace. Germany occupies 500+ enemy provinces at this point. How do I negotiate an end to this war?

Ouch that must "hurt" but hey
save -> reload as UK or other nation -> offer peace to Germany -> save -> reload as Germany -> accept peace and smile :]

EDIT: Or just write "yesmen" in console and they accept anything
P.S It's a cheat ;)

Last edited:
Or faster: use tag command in console, no need for reloading.

Normally the AI will only accept peace deals that are below or equal to 100 ws. You have to decide which ones you want, you can't have them all.

I must point out the irony of your statement, FinnishFish, given your signature.

What I don't understand is why you can't negotiate separate peace. Shouldn't you be able to negotiate separate peace with any GP? The only time someone becomes "war leader" and they're the only person you can negotiate with is when they intervene in the war. They can only intervene if they're friendly. They can't influence another GP. So, you should be able to negotiate for a separate peace with each GP unless you attacked the Ottomans when they weren't a GP and then each power intervened. Still, you should at least be able to negotiate with the UK and Russia, right?

BTW, congrats on occupying half the world. Your World Conquest is almost complete. :)

It can happen if he's added a wargoal against a non great power (eg the Ottomans) and Russia has intervened. The SQ wargoal means you can only talk to the leader.

I must point out the irony of your statement, FinnishFish, given your signature.

What I don't understand is why you can't negotiate separate peace. Shouldn't you be able to negotiate separate peace with any GP? The only time someone becomes "war leader" and they're the only person you can negotiate with is when they intervene in the war. They can only intervene if they're friendly. They can't influence another GP. So, you should be able to negotiate for a separate peace with each GP unless you attacked the Ottomans when they weren't a GP and then each power intervened. Still, you should at least be able to negotiate with the UK and Russia, right?

BTW, congrats on occupying half the world. Your World Conquest is almost complete. :)

Thx for the congrats. (I think I must have killed thousands of units, but the UK still keeps cranking them out - seemingly limitlessly.)

I originally attacked the UK (rating 1) who called allies (Ottoman Empire, Columbia, Venezuela, et al). After conquering almost all the Ottoman Empire, Russia intervened. With Russia's intervention I could not negotiate at all with any other combatant (including the UK!).

I understand why Paradox skipped the manual, as they figure the vast majority of people never read it. (I always do, though.) But I figure they must have all the mechanics written down somewhere or else the programmers couldn't be writing their code. It'd be nice if they at least made the diplomatic mechanics public, instead of having to infer the rules during gameplay.

I actually modded a few things to take India, Canada, Scotland and Ireland from the UK. I'm trying to debug it crashing randomly during play now. If you ever wanted to play a game where France is gonna be number 1 and not the stinking English, check it out.

I originally attacked the UK (rating 1) who called allies (Ottoman Empire, Columbia, Venezuela, et al). After conquering almost all the Ottoman Empire, Russia intervened. With Russia's intervention I could not negotiate at all with any other combatant (including the UK!).

That's your problem...
You should be able to negociate peace with each one of the members if you are the leader of your side.