+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First Gameplay Footage for Supreme Ruler: Cold War Released!

Colonel Paradox Dev Team Regina's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

First Gameplay Footage for Supreme Ruler: Cold War Released!

Paradox Interactive today released the first trailer of Supreme Ruler: Cold War. Developed by BattleGoat Studios, which also created the successful Supreme Ruler 2010 and 2020, their most recent title invites you to relive the tension and uncertainty of the Cold War.

As the 1950ís approach, the Korean War looms, the Arms Race intensifies, and the world anticipates a new World War. As leader of the United States or the Soviet Union, you must make the correct Economic, Diplomatic, Domestic and Military decisions to successfully navigate your country through this dangerous historical era and increase your nationís Sphere of Influence on the world stage. The trailer demonstrates Supreme Rules Cold Warís game-play, strategic complexity and depth, while also highlighting the tension during the cold war.
    At this tumultuous time in history, the world craves a leaderówill you be it?

To see the first trailer for Supreme Ruler: Cold War, click here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKberi0I2HU

Features:
    - Play as the United States or Soviet Union in Campaign Mode
    - Control any Nation in Post-World War II Era in Sandbox Mode
    - Use Diplomacy, Trade and Espionage to influence the policies of other nations
    - Research new Technologies to give your nation an edge
    - Grow and Modernize your Economy
    - Control Military production and deployment, or let your Ministers take care of the details
    - And when Diplomacy FailsÖ Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical Control of your Military Forces!
    - Up to 16 players in Multiplayer over local network or Internet

Supreme Ruler: Cold War is the next installment in the Supreme Ruler series and gives players control over a 1950ís United States or Soviet Union as they try to lead their country to glory. Players make economic, diplomatic, domestic, and military decisions to grow and modernize their nation to ensure its place atop the rest of the world.

For more information:
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/srcoldwar
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/supremeruler
    Forum: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/
    Webpage: http://www.supremeruler.com
    Paradox Development Studio - Strategy is Our Game
    Do you want to show your support for us at PDS - the developers behind EU, CK, Hoi, Vicky & Runemaster?
    Feel free to "Like" us at Facebook: www.facebook.com/ParadoxDevelopmentStudio

I paused every time to see screens for a longer time and unfortunately I didn't find anything different ( or improved ) from sr2020.There are some little changes in interface design but it doesn't seem to me anything is changed in game design. It means either there is nothing really different from sr2020 or this video is not really informative. Except the Space Race. It looks like space race is just six magical techs that can be research the same way as techs but just takes longer. Am I wrong? Does Space Race work different way?

Natalia Poklonskaya fanboy Stuckenschmidt's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIRome Gold

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxRiga View Post
    I paused every time to see screens for a longer time and unfortunately I didn't find anything different ( or improved ) from sr2020.There are some little changes in interface design but it doesn't seem to me anything is changed in game design. It means either there is nothing really different from sr2020 or this video is not really informative.
    My thoughts exactly. The Dev Diaries (the last one two months ago) havn`t been informative either. Well, let`s wait for the Demo.
    Earth Invasion : Los Angeles

The Alien Invasion is here. Los Angeles is lost, unless a few good Paradoxians (and a bunch of Marines) throw them back in the ocean. Rules. Data. Map.

Arnoldson Fnordgren Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Looks good. I look forward to hearing some new info.

First good looking trailer from games developed/published by Paradox. Dynamic and interesting

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

It still has battalion units at a world scale game.I will give this a pass.

+ Reply to Thread