• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
[B@W] Abominus;12286275 said:
It would be great if someone could post the map within AOD ingame :).

Well that's not possible due to the legal constraints and is not fair neither since DH team would not get anything from that. If there is a will (not that I see one though) then the devs can cooperate and make an option for the owners of both games (both games being registered as a prerequisite) in which you would get the best features that are missing in AoD from DH (and possibly from IC if there are any) available for download in a separate forum thread accessible only to owners of both games. THAT would be the HOI incarnations we are all waiting for. The modders can only do that much so both dev teams would be needed for that task. By my opinion it would prolong the life span of this game immensely.

There is still a huge amount of time needed for the newly ported map to be balanced not to say anything about other possible ports from DH to AoD in the future (if possible at all).

Edit: This post has some summarised suggestions on what is good in DH and should be had in AoD - not sure if all the thinngs he proposed would really be good to use. Comments are welcome.

Last edited:
Well that's not possible due to the legal constraints and is not fair neither since DH team would not get anything from that.

nice sentiments, but false. The DH developers have already stated that they are not getting paid for their work. So in the interest of extending the HoI2 lifespan and fun, the only real option is a paid-for AoD expansion or god forbid, some sort of open and collaborative effort.

Well that's not possible due to the legal constraints and is not fair neither since DH team would not get anything from that. If there is a will (not that I see one though) then the devs can cooperate and make an option for the owners of both games (both games being registered as a prerequisite) in which you would get the best features that are missing in AoD from DH (and possibly from IC if there are any) available for download in a separate forum thread accessible only to owners of both games. THAT would be the HOI incarnations we are all waiting for. The modders can only do that much so both dev teams would be needed for that task. By my opinion it would prolong the life span of this game immensely.

There is still a huge amount of time needed for the newly ported map to be balanced not to say anything about other possible ports from DH to AoD in the future (if possible at all).

Edit: This post has some summarised suggestions on what is good in DH and should be had in AoD - not sure if all the thinngs he proposed would really be good to use. Comments are welcome.

I just want to see some screenshots :).

nice sentiments, but false. The DH developers have already stated that they are not getting paid for their work. So in the interest of extending the HoI2 lifespan and fun, the only real option is a paid-for AoD expansion or god forbid, some sort of open and collaborative effort.

Actually, I think the gist of it was "we're paid shares of the sales". As in, they didn't get paid during development,but from sales after the game is launched. I seriously think these people did not work their butt off just so that somebody else would rake in the cash.

100 $ for anyone who gives me AoD with DH style map and IC's province number with correctly allocated factories and resources.

That's not enough. 500$ would be satisfactory but the best part is it wll probably be done for free he he ;)

As stated by Radu you are wrong sentiments aside or not.

Do you guys remember that AoD team was hiring some people? I would say that they have an expansion in the works.

That's not enough. 500$ would be satisfactory but the best part is it wll probably be done for free he he ;)

As stated by Radu you are wrong sentiments aside or not.

Do you guys remember that AoD team was hiring some people? I would say that they have an expansion in the works.

I would pay 100 bucks for AoD expansion which includes new map and features of DH like mobilization and surrender system.

I would pay 100 bucks for AoD expansion which includes new map and features of DH like mobilization and surrender system.

Yeah that is really sweet of you but many of us wouldn't be able to pay that much though - at least me temporarily for now. But yeah that would kick ass. Then we would have to wait for CORE port to that game and then I would see heavens.

Sorry for the delay. I was working on adjusting ministers, diplomacy and techs in the scenario files.
We have to adjust the AI files, events, and replace DH division models with AOD models (in the scenario).

Instructions:
1) Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?cackh1obu0voope
2) Delete AOD scenario folder
3) Copy these files from DH/map/Map_1/ to your AOD/map/ folder (overwrite when asked)
-adjacent.tbl
-boundbox.tbl
-index.tbl
-lightmap1.tbl
-lightmap2.tbl
-lightmap3.tbl
-lightmap4.tbl
-tiles.bmp
4) Extract the downloaded files to your AOD folder (overwrite when asked)
5) Start the game, choose the (only) 1936 scenario

I tested the map with a handsoff Cuba game. 1947 and still no crash.

Sorry for ever doubting you :D

Alright so we need to fix resources and events now right?

Last edited:
Alright so lets make this project official then, working map is done, now to port and modify/adapt proper AI, events, etc files.

Going to be a long exhaustive process, anyone know any AoD compatible save game editors?

A sub project to be aware of is getting this all compatible with Cold War Extension.

Speaking of, I put it onto it, I get 'unknown string wanted' for each country name that doesn't occur with just normal Aod-DH.

I'm going to work on compiling a technical document to use as a reference.

New version is up. Made all units on the map have 100 strength, so that the countries don't drain all of its manpower reserves by 1937. Resources need adjustment, as now the Soviets for example have ~2000 oil :wacko:

Adjusted events up to hoi2.txt file. Anschluss, Czechoslovakian partition, and War events all should be working. Get it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bx6vzq9ykn6mwlx

Last edited:
New version is up. Made all units on the map have 100 strength, so that the countries don't drain all of its manpower reserves by 1937. Resources need adjustment, as now the Soviets for example have ~2000 oil :wacko:

Adjusted events up to hoi2.txt file. Anschluss, Czechoslovakian partition, and War events all should be working. Get it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cackh1obu0voope

can you reupload the site isn't working.

Also, maybe we should work on delegating the work so we don't do the same work twice. By up to, you mean each event file working your way down?

Also seems like the units on the map are like random from 1941 to 1951 units, we may need to fix this somehow.

And each change you tested it to make sure it still loads right?

Last edited: