• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That did the trick, thank you!

Sid Meier, I hope you're reading this. Something vital is missing from your RC5 build!

Also, the city pictures are unfortunately all misaligned with the actual province numbers. They don't seem to have been switched over to the Darkest Hour system at all. Unfortunately I'm too much of a rain man to just play like this, so I guess this means I'll have some busywork for the next time I feel bored and vaguely productive.

I don't get reply notifications to me threads. :( Which makes me a sad modder.

Thanks for you work, I'll do some testing with what happened and try to integrate your work (and add you to the special thanks section of the OP).

It, uh, just occured to me that you haven't adjusted the bitter peace events to work with the new map yet. This... is going to take a while. O_O

I *did* in theory, but getting the Vichy France events did take a little bit of work (even when the code was *supposed* to work, it just randomly doesn't until I fiddled with it some).

So I imagine Bitter Peace has some serious issues, please post the save as soon as it fires, and some screenies please, thanks!

Sooo... I'm not having ANY of the units, beaches, or any other map overlays showing up at all. The rest of the images (leaders, research teams, nation skins, etc.) seem to work fine.

What's going on here?

This is weird, its essentially the full game just missing the EXE and the DH map files, you should just be able to extract it anywhere, add in the missing files and away you go.

Is the correct checksum 'RPXG'?

I guess this means I've installed it wrong :( :

Just to make sure, did you take the file I uploaded, which should be a few hundred mb's, extract it to its own folder (not overwriting anything), and then drag and drop in the AoD.exe plus the DH map files?

edit: RPXG is correct checksum, kinda funny how fiddling with certain event files doesn't actually change it.

So, to reiterate, it should work just by extracting the folder somewhere random; put in the midding EXE and map files and than poof it should run and be dandy.

Also, as for incorrect province pictures, I suspect its because of people putting it over/under an previous AoD build because I threw in a GFX package when I made the mod which may fiddle with things.

On a cursory glance everything looks fine on my screen, so if anyone's got incorrect province pictures just post the pictures/topgrapohy map so I can see.

Last edited:
When I start a new game, it hangs on 'initializing provinces'. I made a clean install over steam, installed 1.08, then removed everything but the .exe, installed mod and then copied the map files.

It hangs for a while, then I get a critical error:

illegal province id 2750 line 102 file china_communist.inc

then the game crashes.

Last edited:
When I start a new game, it hangs on 'initializing provinces'. I made a clean install over steam, installed 1.08, then removed everything but the .exe, installed mod and then copied the map files.

It hangs for a while, then I get a critical error:

illegal province id 2750 line 102 file china_communist.inc

then the game crashes.

Umn.

Try this, clean install, copy said install to somewhere else. Install 1.08, COPY MOD OVER, and then recopy in the Darkest Hour map files in the map folder. You don't have to remove anything.

Unfortunately it says: File not found when clicking on that link :(.

This is usually the thing that definately deserves a pm sent to me to fix :p

Right now it seems like Rapidshare deleted my files since it was a free account so I'm trying to think of a better place to put it. If anyone has any suggestions pm me.

mediafire.com
mega.co.nz
dropbox.com
docs.google.com

Any of those should be fine. Also thanks a lot for this mod. I know it's a hell of a lot of tedious work, but I feel the same that you do about AoD and DH. I love DH but I miss a lot of AoD's features.

I'd love to try your mod!

Indeed duder :)

A problem with the mod, iirc as I'm not really able to thoroughly test all aspects of it, nor do I have a means to figure out WHY it crashes when it does other than to make various guesses and unfortunate sacrifices.

The other is that I still haven't had the time to fix The Bitter Peace, but otherwise its largely works as it should; but I think there's still intermediate ctd's every so often; either from too many divisions or from weird event conflicts.

To those that DO have the latest RC please don't be afraid to provide feedback even if a update may be late in coming.

I've been terribly busy for a long time now, sometime soon I hope to have the link back up, I had to reinstall windows and swap hard drives but no worries, I have my stuff backed up.

I keep getting sidetracked by real life ridiculousness, I still have the files, I'll try to sort it out today.

I suspect that it might be a good idea to wait until 1.09 patch is done to tackle this project.

Regardless, if you want help I am willing to pitch in. I'm tired of the old HoI2 map, and the DH map is freaking awesome. I much prefer the AoD game mechanics though.

The truly daunting part of a map conversion would be re-writing thousands of files. Basically, almost all of them.