• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I actually seemed to have lost my files, both my backup drives with the project failed. :(

I might be able to still recover them, but its 50$ per drive and would take a whole day I don't have to spare yet. If anyone DOES have the files if you can upload them I'd appreciate it so I can maybe restart my work.

I really should have used a SVN.

What I think I'll do is just start again from scratch, (hopefully I can figure out again precisely how we managed to put the DH map into AoD) use a SVN to have the data preserved and use proper file editors and comparitors to more quickly get back to where we were.

e: Just rebought both games on steam so now I have a much more convenient means of redownloading the vanilla files yay!

I actually seemed to have lost my files, both my backup drives with the project failed. :(

I might be able to still recover them, but its 50$ per drive and would take a whole day I don't have to spare yet. If anyone DOES have the files if you can upload them I'd appreciate it so I can maybe restart my work.

I really should have used a SVN.

What I think I'll do is just start again from scratch, (hopefully I can figure out again precisely how we managed to put the DH map into AoD) use a SVN to have the data preserved and use proper file editors and comparitors to more quickly get back to where we were.

e: Just rebought both games on steam so now I have a much more convenient means of redownloading the vanilla files yay!
Any news?

Thanks,
Radbod

If there is a way to copy data from a non-working HD disc I could upload DH-map mod files, with Sid Meier's permission of course. If anyone knows how, please PM me or just post here.

Is this thing dead? It would be pretty cool to have DH's map on AOD 1.12.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I copied the 1.13 settings.cfg into the DEC unzip, but did not dump DEC into my fresh install of AOD. While aresenal.exe still does not display res choices, I was able to load this:

Fascinating.jpg

Interesting. Unfortunately, I dislike sprites, and the Counters appear identical between the countries, making it impossible to distinguish between friend and enemy.

I bet there's a way to repair the counters from my existing 1.13 install, as well as replacing those difficult-to-follow individual unit pictures in the upper right units section. Never did care for those either.

Last edited:
I believe it was created in/for 1.10, so if you are running a later version that may be the issue.

I believe it was created in/for 1.10, so if you are running a later version that may be the issue.
All I did was unzip the mod itself, which looks complete, and add the 1.13 settings.cfg file. I did not merge it with an existing 1.10 install.

Are you saying/thinking that the mod should be "dumped" into a clean install of v1.10? Would that eliminate the counter issue above?

settings.cfg is a text file containing

0 #LANGUAGE (0=english, 1 = french etc..)
1 #MUSIC (1 for on)
0 #WINDOWED MODE (1 for on)
europa.valkyrienet.com
1920 #Width
1080 #Height
1 # Disable intro
Yes, I know. The mod as is seems to start fine, but the counters are messed up, as they are identical for all countries, and I can't find the files to modify.

All I did was unzip the mod itself, which looks complete, and add the 1.13 settings.cfg file. I did not merge it with an existing 1.10 install.

Are you saying/thinking that the mod should be "dumped" into a clean install of v1.10? Would that eliminate the counter issue above?
I didn't mean either - I'm completely non-experienced with the mod! I was just pointint out, which you might not have noticed, that the mod was written for 1.10 and so might have had a problem working with another version. It looks like that's covered, though.