+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is the best picture uploader In your opinion?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

What is the best picture uploader In your opinion?

I'm looking for a replacement for Imgur. I'm not going to use Imageshack, thats a hassal. Imgur had some nice features like mass uploading, and simple uploading, but some of the pictures do not load properly, as some you have noticed on the Brittany AAR I'm doing. What do you guys use?
    "Gentlemen, if this man [Frederick the Great] were still alive I would not be here,"
    -Napoleon Bonaparte, after defeating Prussia.

NINJA

Sometimes I think about living in different periods of history, and then I realize that there would be no Central Heating, and I stop thinking.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult

Meh, I'm going to try imgplace for tonights update.
    "Gentlemen, if this man [Frederick the Great] were still alive I would not be here,"

NINJA

Sometimes I think about living in different periods of history, and then I realize that there would be no Central Heating, and I stop thinking.

Leading the Mombotian Horde Lurken's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

At the Temple of Mombot, nailing up 103 boards
    Imageshack is what I roll with.
    "Godfather of the Superpower games" according to people
    Bought a big case of beer to Pdox
    Proud owner of 3 mouldy Phoenix cookies ●●●
    Pathetic and Brave King of Poland in Battlefront IV - Lords of War
    Shifty Leader of <random/> nation in Diplomacy Universalis 1.5

Rythin, the mad warmongerer and Lurken, the semi-peaceful builder in
    "Lurken and Rythin in the land of sand - The wacky Mzab adventures." - it's aaalive....Well...not really. It is quite dead. Undead?
    Minister of Information and Groupies for OT-President rafiki

The plight and return of B'mo'otm - an AAR, like I've never done before - Redux

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    61 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Photobucket is what I use.

Also, thread moved to the General Discussions part of AARland.

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    I too, use photobucket.
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

I would try photobucket but no matter what is put in, even after passing the captcha, it won't allow me to create an account, and says I'm ineligible. Any ideas why?

NINJA

Photobucket is where its at.

All the cool kids use it.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2

I'm imageshack. Sorry, I just think it's ridiculously easy and simple. :P Call me crazy if you will.

-L

Modern Psycho-General CivandEUIII's Avatar
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I use imgur. It works fine for me.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Rome Gold

I've always used tinypic, it works for me.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegio
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I used to use imageshack. I forget why, but I switched over to photobucket some time ago. A popular AAR needs to be wary of their bandwidth limit, but it's always worked well for me. JJ - no idea why you would be declared 'ineligible.' I'd see if there's a customer service e-mail you can ask.
    Active:
    Random World Order(EU4, Random)

Past:
    Beyond Tannenberg IV: The More Things Change(EU4, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Defeated))
    Beyond Tannenberg III: The Last Crusade (EU3, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Corrupt Save))
    Resurrection: Rebirth of the United States COMPLETED!
    CatKnight's Inkwell

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSword of the Stars II
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I use both imageshack and photobucket. Photobucket is better since it doesn't change file names, but I often run into the bandwidth cap even after I started to spread the images out between the two sites. Sometimes photobucket won't reset when it's supposed to, so I have to send in a help ticket to remind them to reset my bandwidth usage.
    The Historical Plausibility Project - 1.0.4 (final) for HoI3, 2.04 (final) for SF, 3.0.0 (final) for FtM, 3.3.2 (beta) for TFH
    Alt-History: Code Geass Timeline - v1.8 for Victoria 2: A House Divided (final), v2.2 for Heart of Darkness, based on the Pop Demand mod

My AARs:
    Banner of the White Sun - an HPP 1.0 (final HOI3) Nationalist China AAR - DONE
    Teutonic Dreams - an HPP 1.7.3 (mid-SF) Germany AAR - Done
    Jiěfŕng Zhŕnzhēng - A Chinese HPP 2.04 (final SF) AAR - Done
    Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan HPP 2.6.71a (mid-FTM) AAR - Last update April 16, 2013 - Abandoned

My information thread about ww2 naval expansion for the world's naval powers, large and small. Last update August 22, 2013; reworked the Soviet entry.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    Semper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

I use only photobucket. Nice and simple.
    "Cum boni nihil faciunt homines, malum praevalet"

"A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it." -

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.” -Gandalf the Grey

The only criticism I can think of for Photobucket is that it automatically resizes large photos.
    Register your games for access to Tech Support and Bug Report forums, aswell as beta patches ## Read the sticky before reporting a bug ##
    Do you need EU3 help? Most common problems & fixes ## Quick questions / Quick answers mega thread ## Search the foums ##
    Europa Universalis III Wiki, it's like an online manual that ANYONE can update!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    Semper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Duskey View Post
    The only criticism I can think of for Photobucket is that it automatically resizes large photos.
    I think you can change that option.
    "Cum boni nihil faciunt homines, malum praevalet"

"A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it." -

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.” -Gandalf the Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Auray View Post
    I think you can change that option.
    yes you can!

and yes, photobucket is the best.

Found it, thanks for getting me on the trail. Turns out the option is in upload settings, but there's no link to it from account settings (where all the other settings are)
    Register your games for access to Tech Support and Bug Report forums, aswell as beta patches ## Read the sticky before reporting a bug ##
    Do you need EU3 help? Most common problems & fixes ## Quick questions / Quick answers mega thread ## Search the foums ##
    Europa Universalis III Wiki, it's like an online manual that ANYONE can update!

+ Reply to Thread