• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's kind of a bad thing - you mean they aren't included in the Indian unification chains?
AFAIK, no. Never seen any event regarding Bhutan.

shouldnt unit build times be reduced from DH full values, considering the lack of reserves?

We have been discussing this on our forum. And it seems they will be so. :)

I've got a question. Does anyone know what the best handsoff country is? One I can load up as and watch the world progress, without said country being attacked or otherwise required for one of the many event chains?
Cuba is what I use to do that.

Since I've never seen a CTD on DH, all I can think of is... Upgrade DH to patch 1.02 and download the latest version of KR. :)

That's the thing I have the 1.02 DH patch and then got the beta 5 patch for KR. That was all done about a week ago. I am thinking there is something with the events that are trying to fire when Soviet Russia annexs the Russian Empire. (I've never seen this happen unless I'm playing as Soviet Russia - as I am now) I was hoping someone could tell me how to fix it so that I can continue to play my game. Also the Russian Empire is allied with Asha Ola (or whatever they are) who is at war with Turkestan. Furthermore Sibera is at war with me and the Russian Empire. Any help would be appreciated.

Actually I remember an event for Delhi, Nepal, and Bhutan where Delhi go their Indian territories from them. I guess they either threatened them or bought them. It was a while ago so maybe the removed the event in recent updates.

Found two bugs:

some strange red line inside Turkey

ksrbug1.jpg

and also there is something wrong with the date in this National France event :)

ksrbug2.jpg

Found two bugs:

ksrbug1.jpg

I get that red line too, in other places as well. I've seen them around Moscow when the Soviets revolt. I think I MAY have seen them around Mosul when Kurdistan revolts.

Found two bugs:

ksrbug1.jpg

and also there is something wrong with the date in this National France event :)

ksrbug2.jpg

Could just be reforms of some sort in preparation for the later elections. But I don't know, somebody has to look at the event description.

DH map bugs, report this to the DH dev team and see if they havent already fixed this.
But there are no such bugs in vanilla DH, so it's obviously has something to do with this mod, not the DH map. Or am I wrong?

Could just be reforms of some sort in preparation for the later elections. But I don't know, somebody has to look at the event description.
No, it was actually an elections. There are two events that fit the definition, but they are both scheduled to occur in 1941:

Code:
event = {
id = 917180
country = VIC
style = 2
picture = "politics3"

trigger = {
              flag = VIC_demo
NOT = { war = { country = VIC country = FRA } } 
      }

date = { day = 16 month = january year = 1941 }

name = "The elections of 1941"
desc = "The first true elections since the exile to Algiers are held today. Prime Minister Reynaud hopes his popularity with the middle class can win him the elections. The radical Pieds-Noirs have put the more traditional Admiral Darlan forward as their candidate."

action_a = {
ai_chance = 50
name = "Let the reforms continue, elect Reynaud."
	command = { type = domestic which = democratic value = 1 }
	}
action_b = {
ai_chance = 50
name = "Enough with all these pointless reforms, elect Darlan"
        command = { type = headofgovernment which = 57002 }
	command = { type = domestic which = political_left value = -1 }
	command = { type = domestic which = free_market value = -1 }
	command = { type = domestic which = freedom value = -1 }
	}
}

Code:
event = {
id = 917190
country = VIC
style = 2
picture = "politics3"

trigger = {
              flag = VIC_demo
NOT = { war = { country = VIC country = FRA } } 
      }

date = { day = 16 month = january year = 1941 }

name = "The elections of 1941"
desc = "The first elections of importance since the exile to Algiers are held today. Prime Minister Reynaud hopes his popularity with the middle class and the locals who won the vote can win him the elections. The radical Pieds-Noirs have put the more traditional Admiral Darlan forward as their candidate."

action_a = {
ai_chance = 70
name = "Let the reforms continue, elect Reynaud."
	command = { type = domestic which = democratic value = 1 }
	}
action_b = {
ai_chance = 30
name = "Enough with all these pointless reforms, elect Darlan"
        command = { type = headofgovernment which = 57002 }
	command = { type = domestic which = political_left value = -1 }
	command = { type = domestic which = free_market value = -1 }
	command = { type = domestic which = freedom value = -1 }
	}
}

Just played a Commune of France game to 1945-- haven't quite yet conquered all of Germany, but a couple of things have nevertheless caught my attention:
  • When deciding what to do with Flanders-Wallonia, the option to give Flanders to the Netherlands (Syndicalist ally, natch) didn't work-- the decision freed Flanders as a Syndicalist puppet rather than ceded the territory to the Netherlands.
  • Both the event for the CSA to cede Algeria to the Commune of France and the CoF event to create a North African "sister republic" don't have Kasserine province scripted in-- when the CSA ceded Algeria and Tunisia to me, I still had to manually negotiate Kasserine back afterward. Likewise, when the "Greater Algeria" of Alergia + Tunisia was released, I had to manually give Kasserine to them after the event fired.
  • The Ottomans really ought to have some annexation events for Greece, Serbia, and so on. I was quite disappointed when the Ottomans managed to absolutely curbstomp the post-Balkan War alliance of Serbia, Greece and Romania and didn't get so much as a rising claim on Thessalonica, much less the opportunity to restore the Empire to something like its 1912 European borders.*
The game otherwise was pretty awesome. Canada declared war on all the belligerents in the American Civil War, wiping out the CSA and marching on Washington before the American Union State surged into Ontario, at which point the USA swooped in and beat the shit out of everyone, eventually annexing Canada itself. At war with the Entente, it later annexed National France and Portugal, after which point I managed to actually pull off a coup(!) and the USA became the CSA.

In Europe, the 1937 Ausgleich negotiations broke down and caused a war between Austria and Hungary, at which point Serbia annexed Bosnia and Montenegro. During the same war Iron Guard Romania took the opportunity to declare war on Hungary and won back Transylvania. Greater Serbia, Greater Romania and Greece then declared war on Bulgaria, won that war, and then Greece decided to have another go at the Megali idea (instantly getting a core and not a claim on Istanbul, no less!) and declared war on the Ottomans. The victorious Balkan alliance didn't even take Gallipoli, and the Ottomans eventually steamrolled 'em. Last I checked, the Ottoman Empire had 101 IC and I was starting to plan an eventual Franco-Ottoman war.

The Bodiv... Badis... the Syndicalists out of Calcutta eventually won the Indian war of unification, joined the Internationale, brought Burma in and have been an absolute help in the war effort. Qing China annexed the Shanqing, annexed Tibet, went to war with Mongolia but then managed to lose its land connection to Tibet when Russia went to war with Mongolia at the same time and followed Mongol conquests down to the Yunnan border.

Yeah.

*Sod it, I just wrote "reintegration of Thrace/Bosnia/Eastern Rumelia" events because it was bothering me.

Last edited:
Kind of a small bug, but if Germany wins the war and makes France a puppet and then someone else declares war against germany and wins, once you occupy Paris you get events treating the German French puppet as the Commune.

A small but annoying bug: When I choose Wrangel to take over Russia, the event flag changes properly but the counters display with a horrendous purple/teal flag that has to be an error.