• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Which version do I need to have to play Beta 4?
Darkest Hour 1.2 beta 2. You can update by registering your game code on your "My Games" in your profile, then you'll have access to the Tech Support forum to get the patch.

Did I make a mistake when I copied beta 3 over Kaiserreich? I don't want to wait several hours to reinstall everything. I mean it works fine...but should it be OK?

I don't know, we used to overwrite things back in ARMA, but it usually led to lots of issues, it really is best to let the new BETA be in its own folder in the mods directory of Darkest Hour.

Save game stability is NOT guaranteed from previous BETA's, likely they won't work again.

You could edit savegame file.

1) Go to Darkest Hour/Mods/Kaiserreich/Scenarios/save games/latest save.eug and open it in notepad.
2) ctr+F and search for "comintern"
3) You get line looking somewhat like this
Code:
comintern = { id = { type = 15000 id = 3 } defensive = no participant = { AUS ENG RSI } }
4) Change the order of nation tags (three-lettered abbreviations) so that ENG tag is the first one. Don't delete anything or change anything else, just erase ENG from the list and write it again to the very next of {
5) save the file and run the game

Everything should go fine, though keep in mind that .eug file can be very heavy and slow to open. Still remember to take backup copy.

Why is Austria leader?!

Wth, thats the weirdest thing I've seen :S
Did the Totalist Danubian Federation code sneak in and France got annexed and leadership passed over to them?

My game don't load at all, it just crashes on load.
Please provide more information regarding your game.

What Darkest Hour version are you using?
What version of Kaiserreich are you using?

hi which name has the ottoman event file. do the ottomans have further event chains after the arabicwar?
E:\Games\Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH 1.2 beta4\db\events\Africa\Middle East.txt

And I'm not too sure, I've had a long game in Ottomons where I had... revolts everywhere and I took the Balkans. That was tough.

Its tough playing as the Ottomons.

thx liam. i have aproblem with amphi assault. im still the ottos and at war with libya and they dont have troops in bengahzi but i cannot land troops there. anphi assault is not listed (only sea transport and shore bombardment).

whoops found it by myself. one has to research it in the navy doctrine:eek:ttoman officer: "well boys , easy now there is beach ... ready ... storm the beach!!!" his adjutant "no, sir we dont know how to do it. we came aboard this ship but what now what ... ... ?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, you guys really screwed with MacArthur-America. I mean, the USA was pretty ASB before this update, but this MOAR SOUTHERN REBELS silliness is getting a little out of hand.

Wow, you guys really screwed with MacArthur-America. I mean, the USA was pretty ASB before this update, but this MOAR SOUTHERN REBELS silliness is getting a little out of hand.

Well, IMO there is only one part that's ASB, the USA being unstable enough to have a civil war. If you accept that, a takeover by MacArthur really isn't that implausible, and if a military dictator were to take over the USA states would start trying to leave like mad, especially if the regime was collapsing.

And if anyone would be crazy enough to try and become a dictator in the US, it would have been MacArthur.

In fact, I'd say his chain is one of the most probably outcome, in particular the Syndie election victory, MacArthur attempts to coup him (I won't see America sold out to those godless Syndies!), establishes his own dictatorial regime, and other states don't feel comfortable under that particular madman, and break off, all in an attempt to reform the traditional union.

Maybe not probable in the grand scheme of things, but certainly the least improbable

Just wanted to report a thing, whenever I load a save with the 1.2 beta 4 I get an critical error message saying that a leader personality is misplaced, apparently though I can just ignore the error and it will go to the game normally instead of crashing as usual.
Here's the saveView attachment save.rar