• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

another crash to desktop while loading a CoF savegame...
I've just beaten the Germans in 1938, anyone knows how to fix it?

Just a suggestion to the Kaiserreich team: I was playing Russia in war with Commune of France and the Union of Britain. Germany took France and I took the British Isles. I released the United Kingdom as a puppet. A year later I withdrew from the alliance with Germany and attacked them, once I steamrolled through Germany all the way to Paris I got the event "syndicalism is dead in Europe", even though I took it from Germany.

What happened next: I had to choose between occupying France or other options (even though I controlled only some provinces north of Paris and Paris itself). I decided to give it to National France if they join me. National France joined me and got what few provinces I took from Germany-controlled France. What happened next my puppet the United Kingdom got an event whereby it signed peace with Germany on the condition that Germany would hand over its colonies: Germany obviously agreed and automatically signed a white peace treaty with me:

- The option to occupy France or release puppets or give it to National France should only come after the whole of France is conquered, in case Germany has conquered France before and went for total occupation.
- The United Kingdom should not be able to sign a peace treaty with Germany on behalf of a Russian-led alliance.

broken save

hi there
ive been playing your mod yesterday and now the savegame wont load, autosave the same. somehow i cant even read the error message it just crashes. im playing russia, nov 40.
can someone help me? i dont want to loose that save as i beat japan and that was hard. maybe i should add that i edited a few german events with dissent hits, adding a few 0 behind. didnt help the french though... but i dont think theres a connection.
big please?

My saves also became broken. When loading bar almost finished I have this message: ERROR: (Missing = in statement ) Willi = ' Line = 393774 File = games/Darkest Hour/mods/Kaiserreich for DH 1.2 beta3/scenarios/save games/autosave.eug

So I'm playing as the British Union and the war in Europe broke out. Commune of France lost to Germany in about a year and now I am all alone on my island. The problem is that when France got annexed the "alliance leader" position was pasted to Australia and not me. So now I can't invite countries to join my alliance and Australia does nothing. Any ideas?

You could edit savegame file.

1) Go to Darkest Hour/Mods/Kaiserreich/Scenarios/save games/latest save.eug and open it in notepad.
2) ctr+F and search for "comintern"
3) You get line looking somewhat like this
Code:
comintern = { id = { type = 15000 id = 3 } defensive = no participant = { AUS ENG RSI } }
4) Change the order of nation tags (three-lettered abbreviations) so that ENG tag is the first one. Don't delete anything or change anything else, just erase ENG from the list and write it again to the very next of {
5) save the file and run the game

Everything should go fine, though keep in mind that .eug file can be very heavy and slow to open. Still remember to take backup copy.

another crash to desktop while loading a CoF savegame...
I've just beaten the Germans in 1938, anyone knows how to fix it?

Anyone?

From looking at the error report, it seems that the new validation has cropped up an 'older' code I suspect. Its probably a simple fix, its probably a huge fix. I cannot say for sure, I had a lot of those "missing =" errors in my cheats, thankfully someone helped me fix those.

Another event issue. I was at war with Japan with Russia as my puppet. At this point Mongolia had taken over Siberia and after a war with Japan they became a Japanese puppet. So I attacked the Japanese island from my colonies in China and from the Urals.

I occupied and liberated South Korea and the Fengtien Republic, and annexed Transmur. After this happened my puppet Russia signed a peace treaty (by event) with Japan, return to status quo and South Korea became a Russian puppet even though I liberated it just a few days ago:

Russia should not be able to make such peace agreements while it is a German puppet and while Germany is gaining ground on Japan.

Edit: which file arranges this peace agreement? I'm struggling to find it

Another event issue. I was at war with Japan with Russia as my puppet. At this point Mongolia had taken over Siberia and after a war with Japan they became a Japanese puppet. So I attacked the Japanese island from my colonies in China and from the Urals.

I occupied and liberated South Korea and the Fengtien Republic, and annexed Transmur. After this happened my puppet Russia signed a peace treaty (by event) with Japan, return to status quo and South Korea became a Russian puppet even though I liberated it just a few days ago:

Russia should not be able to make such peace agreements while it is a German puppet and while Germany is gaining ground on Japan.

Edit: which file arranges this peace agreement? I'm struggling to find it

Event you mentioned is now fixed ( it is event 341702 in Japan_ExpRus.txt ).

So I'm playing as the British Union and the war in Europe broke out. Commune of France lost to Germany in about a year and now I am all alone on my island. The problem is that when France got annexed the "alliance leader" position was pasted to Australia and not me. So now I can't invite countries to join my alliance and Australia does nothing. Any ideas?

I´ve partially fixed this issue via existing event ( refugees from the Commune of France ) - if France is defeated and you are not allied with CSA,SOV or RUS, this event will make you leader of alliance.

You could edit savegame file.

1) Go to Darkest Hour/Mods/Kaiserreich/Scenarios/save games/latest save.eug and open it in notepad.
2) ctr+F and search for "comintern"
3) You get line looking somewhat like this
Code:
comintern = { id = { type = 15000 id = 3 } defensive = no participant = { AUS ENG RSI } }
4) Change the order of nation tags (three-lettered abbreviations) so that ENG tag is the first one. Don't delete anything or change anything else, just erase ENG from the list and write it again to the very next of {
5) save the file and run the game

Everything should go fine, though keep in mind that .eug file can be very heavy and slow to open. Still remember to take backup copy.

Worked perfectly :D thank you!

Edit: Another issue. My "Rocket Engine" tech will not activate, ie it won't let me research it. It is 1941. Rocket test facilities was researched at the start of the game and I have 5 test facilities built. What do I do to activate it?

Last edited:
Hello KR team. Excellent mod! I do have a couple concerns/questions though. 1) The Panama Canal. Why won't Canada return control to the US? 2) The end of the ACW event. Can you have the section for all militia disbanded check to see if you are at war? That was a very unpleasant timing. I was in two wars, Mexico and Hawaii, and getting ready for a third; the entente; when the event fired. I had planned to slowly disband the militia as infantry units came online to replace them. I also lost all of that artillery that I planned to transfer to the newly constructed infantry as they came online. PLEASE do something with this event. Thanks. SoL

Hi,

Since beta2, KR doesn't work for missing "="'s in the ai files. I have tracked down these in the bulgaria AI, but I can't find the missing "=" in the german AI file (the line seems okay for me). Could anyone send me the proper AI files?