• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Played a Bhartiya game finally to complete the triad of India playthroughs, absolutely loved it. I do think the problem with the Indian unification war triggering was something with the Princely Federation's event chains, since in my game with them when I made the foreign policy decision against Delhi nothing occurred until I declared war manually, yet when I did it afterward against Bhartiya the event chain worked perfectly.

Also Milites, how much research did you put into your India rework? The amount of content in this update has just been phenomenal and I wanted to know how you got it all.

I played a game as PF and all worked perfectly.

I chose to try to persuade the two northern maharajas to revolt, they got arrested so the war started.

I played a game as PF and all worked perfectly.

I chose to try to persuade the two northern maharajas to revolt, they got arrested so the war started.
Very strange, I waited for a year in my game to do that before just declaring war myself, and that's the closest common correlation for when it happened I found.

That's a huge amount of incompetence on the AI's part.

I would say a surrender event would be better. No way either of these factions would/could literally fight to the death like this.

The issue is that China has one route of attack in Luxi in this scenario- Baoshan has three, so the VP just needs to be moved over a province.

For Afghanistan, after the Afghan-Delhi war Delhi could have an event to support pro-democratic revolts/rebels in Afghanistan, which if are successful could lead to Afghanistan becoming an Ally or Puppet of Delhi. Of course this is only an idea, but still something along those lines would be nice for Delhi and Afghan relations afterwards.

This is true. But the dynamic here is completely different. Adding South Africa, Dehli & Australasia would be far too much and they aren't the ones harboring the Royal Family.

But Britain + Canada and maybe the Caribbean Fed? I don't think that's out of the question at all. The House of Windsor, after all, has been reigning in Canada for quite a while. I think
the idea of 'Britishness' would be pretty strong. Add Canada in as a new Kingdom, a new & equal Crown for the Kingdom Reunited, maybe even keeping the capital in Ottawa until London is properly rebuilt.

But I have an entirely unrelated question; are there any events for further Qing-German cooperation after the Qing absorb the AOG by giving them places in government?

For Afghanistan, after the Afghan-Delhi war Delhi could have an event to support pro-democratic revolts/rebels in Afghanistan, which if are successful could lead to Afghanistan becoming an Ally or Puppet of Delhi. Of course this is only an idea, but still something along those lines would be nice for Delhi and Afghan relations afterwards.

Afghanistan would be a pretty low priority for Delhi while the subcontinent is still divided- this would have to wait until the Federation and Commune were dealt with. Besides, they usually go all the way and puppet them instead of settling for the lost territories.

Afghanistan really didn't have a democratic opposition at the time. Most domestic policy revolved around the issue of reforming the country.

Played a Bhartiya game finally to complete the triad of India playthroughs, absolutely loved it. I do think the problem with the Indian unification war triggering was something with the Princely Federation's event chains, since in my game with them when I made the foreign policy decision against Delhi nothing occurred until I declared war manually, yet when I did it afterward against Bhartiya the event chain worked perfectly.

Also Milites, how much research did you put into your India rework? The amount of content in this update has just been phenomenal and I wanted to know how you got it all.

I'll look into the PF's foreign policy files.

Regarding India well it took a very long time to cook it all up. It has been in development for 2,5 years, although a lot of that time was spent on inactivity/writer's block. As for research, I think that was one of the things that took the longest to settle. A lot of time spent on strange websites about Tamil maharajas and the political developments of the Diarchy. And a few trips to the erstwhile Raj surely did help inspiration ;)

I don't think that's out of the question at all.

I don't mean to sound cross, but it really is out of the question.

Have you had a game where Syndicalist forces overthrew the Afghan government?

That is because there is no entry in the event files about a Syndicalist take-over.

I don't mean to sound cross, but it really is out of the question.
Could you perhaps explain why? The social situation in KR seems conducive to the idea that the 'Exiles' in Canada would seek to bring in the nation they owe their very existence to, elevating Canada in status equal to Scotland, Wales and Ireland if they're able to regain the Isles. I'm not saying to turn it into some globe-spanning super-power, just, it shouldn't be neutered because it won.

They just ousted the Premier-Protector of the Trade Union Commonwealth, after all. :laugh:

You'd also free a up a tag.

There are what seems to be half a dozen worth of threads on the KR forum dealing with the issue.

You are really, really overestimating how much the Canadians want to be part of the British Empire after all this. Thousands, maybe over a million Canadian men died to liberate someone else's country, in an ideological and imperial crusade that's been imposed on them by a monarchy that threw out half of their democracy and installed their nobles to rule over them. They'd be looking like the Thirteen Colonies did in the run-up to the War of Independence. There is also the fact that Canada is on the other side of the ocean and spans an entire continent- you cannot effectively govern that many people and that much territory so far away without some kind of delegation of power.

I apologize. This one just seems to get a lot more traffic.

You wouldn't happen to be able to answer my other question though, would you? Are there any further German-Qing events if the AOG is incorporated peacefully and the Qing agree to my economic demands?

No there aren't any events in that regard, IIRC.

You are really, really overestimating how much the Canadians want to be part of the British Empire after all this. Thousands, maybe over a million Canadian men died to
liberate someone else's country, in an ideological and imperial crusade that's been imposed on them by a monarchy that threw out half of their democracy and installed their nobles to rule over them.
They'd be looking like the Thirteen Colonies did in the run-up to the War of Independence. There is also the fact that Canada is on the other side of the ocean and spans an entire continent
- you cannot effectively govern that many people and that much territory so far away without some kind of delegation of power.

Also, perhaps you missed it, but I wasn't suggesting the capital be move imediately to London. Ottawa would be it until the rebuilding is done. I was kind of thinking of the tables being turned to
honestly. Canada being the senior partner now, with it being the one Britain relies. ...Hmmm..

Alright, how bout' this; give Canada off-screen IC equal to say like, 3/5ths of the newly liberated UoB's IC? This way, independent Britain *and* a Canada that gets rewarded for its trouble.

Aw, damn. Thanks anyway though. Not even any bits where they ask for German help for one reason or another? (War with Russia, Japan, whatnot)?

Nopes.