• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There's a sharp difference between adding new content and fixing bugs. I believe the Trieste cores have been fixed.

Oh God Yes! Canada's like the one and only nation that routinely has more IC than manpower at its disposal.

Not so sure about this, though. Infiltration was the historic British doctrine IRL, was it not? It would make sense for a small, professionally-trained army with a strong Special Forces/Marine component like Canada's without much access to heavy artillery (one suspects that Canada had few such pieces before the Revolution and the Exiles wouldn't have been able to take many of them with them.)

It was mainly chosen to counter the UoB's defensive doctrines, IIRC.

It's not particularly historical, realistic or suited to Canada however, so I certainly hope that the option to abandon that doctrine in favour of either of the Grand Battle Plan doctrines (I infer that Blitzkrieg is disabled in the new patch until events enable it, as with the CoF and Russia.) is available at the start.

The thing is that General Ironside and Fuller have both gone to Canada. Ironside was a big supporter of mechanised and armoured warfare. Indeed, if I remember correctly, he was one of Fuller's main backers in the 1930s. If Ironside is the main Exile leader, then he would be in the position to give Fuller some influence. Furthermore, there were a number of Canadian generals who advocated armoured warfare, such as Worthington (founder of the RCAC) and Simmonds (apparently, the finest allied commander in Western Europe '44-'45).

All in all, I think it would be fair to give Canada the option to go blitzkrieg doctrine. But I agree, that they should probably start GBP or firepower.

One more small bug: if SocItaly annexes Italian Federation, claiming Venice, Pola and Trento doesn't give core on Trieste.

That's the bug we're talking about.

I just had a very frustrating glitch happen in my (Totalist) Union of Britain game.

Germany had retreated to Africa after the second Weltkrieg, and as the Union I invaded the regions that the Bantu Federation and Beninkongo are released in, when the Bentu Federation event fired, I made it fully independent and I had no errors, however, when Beninkongo event fired, and was made fully independent, all my units (5 Corps and 3 Air Wings) present in the area became units of Beninkongo. Is there any way to avoid this, or even fix or after it's happened? Thanks.

That's a very frustrating bug indeed, it's already been fixed though.

As for fixing it, well the easiest way would be to trade the divisions back (by using acceptall). Alternatively you could edit the save game to transfer the units back, although I don't know much about such editing.

Also, to everyone reporting bugs, please cross reference with this list before reporting:

Code:
Squashed bugs:
[x] Known Bugs
   [x] Odd dissent changes in the Russian event "The Assassination of Kerensky" - not game breaking

[x] Fixed  a bug that prevented the CoF from declaring war in Alsace Lorraine or War
[x] Fixed a bug that caused a CTD in event 660006 #Monarchists Rise Up
[x] Event 56606 now cancels the non-aggression pact between the USA and the UP if the former chooses war over the Panama Canal
[x] If Australasia joins the Syndicalist Internationale they now cancel their trade embargoes
[x] The German response to the Damocles Project now sleeps and wakes the correct tech teams
[x] If Germany successfully coups leftist Ukraine, the latter removes its Syndicalist flag
[x] Alash Orda's land doctrines fixed 
[x] Fixed a CTD regarding model 8 of naval_torpedoes_l
[x] As Russia electing the Kadet-Liberal Union now moves the domestic slider towards open society
[x] Mikhail Smirnov replaced with Vasily G. Boldyrev as leader of the Kadet-Liberal Union
[x] Kemal Attaturk now retires in 1939 as in the OTT
[x] Fixed the Azeri annexation event to keep it from firing over and over
[x] Fixed the Austrian annexation event to keep it from firing over and over
[x] The United States no longer get huge amounts of IC bonuses by supporting the Entente
[x] Fixed a wrong trigger that prevented Russia from integrating Mongolia
[x] Changed the revolt capital of SOM to province 836 to re-enable the Ethiopian Time of Troubles
[x] Kyosti Kallio's death event now fires for Finland as it was meant to
[x] The Third Internationale should now only fire for either France or the CSA depending on the circumstances
[x] Fixed a display error with Spanish Civil War ends - An important experience
[x] Fixed the Transcaucasian counter
[x] When the Union of Britain liberates Beninkongo, the latter no longer receives the units of the former in their territory 
[x] Making peace with Romania as AH/AUS/Danube Federation should now exclude eventual allies from peacing out as well
[x] The Nanjing Government now has the same cores as the Qing
[x] Poland unconditionally accepting alliance with Danubian Federation now triggers the right event
[x] Liberated White Ruthenia now has a core on Polotsk
[x] The University of the Free World should now fire for all intended countries 
[x] The Patriach's Demands no longer puts Yan K. Berzin as Head of Intelligence  
[x] As Russia selecting Nikolai Trubetskoy as HoG now actually puts him in that position
[x] Treaty of Bordeaux now correctly cedes Paris to the Germans
[x] Indochina now has fitting unit and corps names
[x] Indochina's map colour changed to LightRed
[x] Sudan's map colour changed to DarkOrange
[x] Fixed a bug that broke the chain regarding the CSA claiming New England when the latter isn't allied with Canada
[x] Ottoman navy leaders now have appropriate traits
[x] Fixed a bug with the flag of the Brazilian Empire
[x] The Port Arthur Declaration should now cede the Japanese provinces in Manchuria to CHI
[x] The Fading Sun event now secedes the Japanese provinces in Manchuria to the Qing
[x] Fixed a bug in 'Unemployment and The Class Division in Bolivia' making sure Bolivia gets maxed free market
[x] Madras Republic now has appropriate unit and corps names 
[x] Sumimoto Zaibatsu tech team now has the correct picture
[x] Fixed a bug regarding the integration of Bavaria for the Danubian Federatioin
[x] The Tian Empire version of the Port Arthur Declaration now triggers the correct surrender event for Japan
[x] The Dutch East Indies now uses a proper flag
[x] Added an event for Entente members to cede British provinces to Canada if the UoB has been annexed
[x] Fixed a mix up of event flags that aborted the liberation of the UK event chains
[x] Fixed Belgium's counter
[x] If the Italian Federation now declares war on RSI in event 91516, Germany now cancels its guarantee 
[x] The Qing decision about Tibet now checks if Lhasa is controlled by TIB
[x] Hashemite Arabia now has appropriate unit and corps names 
[x] Wallonia now has cores on Hasselt
[x] Colour of Wallonia changed to DarkBrown to avoid confusion with neutral France
[x] Fixed the decision picture for the Agrarian Reform event for Serbia
[x] Tweaked the Chinese revolution to give CHI more of a fighting chance
[x] The event "The Fate of Centroamerica" won't fire if the country in question has cores on the provinces 
[x] The event "Fall Jungingen" now cancels the non-aggression pact between BLR and GER
[x] Fixed Zog Albania's counter
[x] Mexico no longer has trade embargoes on SRI, FRA and ENG
[x] Fixed a bug that prevented Republican China from DOW'ing the Yunnan Clique
[x] When the Fengtien declares for the Qing, they should now be duly annexed by them
[x] Fixed a spelling mistake in the Death of Zapata for Mexico
[x] Changed the event 661929 "Soviets demand better working conditions" to affect free market and open society
[x] Added the control of Olgii, Muren and Ulan-Ude as required to be controlled by Russia for the "Urga Has Fallen!" event
[x] Event text for events 190041 (ARG) and 190053 (POL) changed to correspond with the performance of the respective countries
[x] Removed Otto Braun from the Shangqing leader file
[x] Choosing Jovan Veselinov in the Serbian presidential elections now actually puts him as HoS
[x] If Poland decides to occupy Galicia and Austria responds with war, Germany now ceases to guarantee Polish independence 
[x] Fixed the counter of the Syndicalist Baltic State
[x] Mackenzie King reinstituted as starting head of government of Canada
[x] Hungary's naval doctrines brought to pair with Croatia 
[x] Fixed a bug that prevented Hungary from annexing Bosnia if the latter is its puppet
[x] Fixed a bug that prevented the event "The Annexation of Poland" from firing
[x] Canada now has the WW1 Static Defense doctrine researched at game start
[x] Fixed a too long action description in SRI's event regarding asking the Internationale's support
[x] The event "Labour Day" for France should now fire correctly on May 1st
[x] The treaty of Novosibirsk now shouldn't fire if SIB and SOV are allied
[x] Hashemite capital moved to Mecca
[x] Fixed a spelling error in event 3450050 - the Platean War
[x] The event "Reclaiming Venice" now checks if RSI and AUS are at war
[x] ITA's militia division 1a CCNN '23 Marzo is now named Brigata Firenze
[x] ITA's light cruiser Amando Diaz is now named La Marmora
[x] Fixed the names of ITA's starting air units
[x] Fixed a spelling error in Austria's starting HoG
[x] Changed USA tech team Rickenbacker to Richenbacher 
[x] Germany now has naval interdiction techs researched at game start
[x] Brought Canada on tech-level with the rest of the Entente 
[x] Fixed a bug in Bulgaria's election events that removed the tsar
[x] Fixed a bug that prevented the CoF from holding its 1941 elections
[x] Changed AI Japan and Canada's research preferences to include secret weapons
[x] If the CSA and PSA negotiate a peace deal, the CSA now won't restart the war
[x] If the Netherlands succumb to Syndicalist revolution their relations with the International is now raised
[x] Fixed several issues of country techs being below the level of the nations' starting units 
[x] Fixed several minor bugs in the Commune of France election events 
[x] Fixed several bugs that prevented various German domestic events from firing (unrest in the Rhineland, status of French minority)
[x] Added several missing event pictures to the various British Empire events
[x] ITA/RSI claiming/occupying Venice now also results in cores on Trieste

If the bughunt is still on:
-When you abandon the fleet in being doctrine as Russia and go indirect appoach the fleet in being remains unlocked resulting in both doctrines being possible to research.
-Another small problem after I unified all of China as the Qing I don't have a nuclear tech team.Considering that the Qing can take over the AoG and Legation Cities I don't see a reason they couldn't get such a tech team.
-When Germany goes Mobilty focus they retain the researched doctrines from Firepower focus.
-One last request can you please force the Commune of France to build tanks??At least in Mobility and Manpower focus they should try harder.They seem to lose an awful lot and their infantry spam seems to be the reason(low manpower+inf spam==bad).
That's all,keep up the good work :) .

Code:
-Hawaii joining the Entente does not check for whether Hawaii is at war, thus leading to a possible Entente-American war.
-No annexation event for Portugal except for the German Empire.
-No follow-up events for SPA or CSX after independence to give them proper kings as HoS.
-Russian alliance events are overly convoluted; could not get one as a PA Wrangel for example. Perhaps remove the ideology requirements and stick with the HoS?
-Austria with status-quo centralisation (it sticks with the same tag), is ridiculously laughable. Should probably prevent the AI from doing it for balance purposes until followup events for it will be added.
-Event 753811 is required for event 751095 as Russia, meaning Russia won't ever integrate Mongolia without going through a civil war.
-German Empire still has MA with White Ruthenia even after Sigsimund debacle.
-German Empire gains core on Lugano during the partition of Switzerland, not Italy.
-Event 340300 does not account for Fengtien eating Vladivostok when Transamur rebels along with Korea, breaking the event chain.
-Mario Vercellino becomes HoS after the king dies in Greece.
-No annexation event for Mexico
-UP needs to stop releasing stuff in Centroamerica if it's a puppet. There's no reason for it to have all those revolter cores there otherwise. Also, someone forgot to add supplies/dissent to the Honduras event for UP, because it's releasing it since the first option isn't available (since UP already has all the cores).
-Returning of territories between the USA and PSA/Canada needs to check for whether the USA is a puppet or not, because it will ruin pretty balkanized borders.
-Russia does not get a core on Suceava (301), despite getting cores on the rest of Eastern Galicia-Lodomeria.
-The Danubian Federation does not have revolter cores on Montenegro and Venetia, making for rather awkward post-war borders.
-Anglo-German war needs additional work in case of an Anglo-Russian alliance, otherwise I could be crushing everything as Russia only for Britain to troll me and WP out.

Code:
-Russian alliance events are overly convoluted; could not get one as a PA Wrangel for example. Perhaps remove the ideology requirements and stick with the HoS?
-Austria with status-quo centralisation (it sticks with the same tag), is ridiculously laughable. Should probably prevent the AI from doing it for balance purposes until followup events for it will be added.
-Anglo-German war needs additional work in case of an Anglo-Russian alliance, otherwise I could be crushing everything as Russia only for Britain to troll me and WP out.

Would you mind elaborating on these?

Also, I must stress the fact that a lack of events isn't necessarily a bug.

If the bughunt is still on:
-When you abandon the fleet in being doctrine as Russia and go indirect appoach the fleet in being remains unlocked resulting in both doctrines being possible to research.

Will look into this when there's time.

-Another small problem after I unified all of China as the Qing I don't have a nuclear tech team.Considering that the Qing can take over the AoG and Legation Cities I don't see a reason they couldn't get such a tech team.

I've given the Hong Kong University some nuclear skills.

-When Germany goes Mobilty focus they retain the researched doctrines from Firepower focus.

Yes, but their effects are also removed.

-One last request can you please force the Commune of France to build tanks??At least in Mobility and Manpower focus they should try harder.They seem to lose an awful lot and their infantry spam seems to be the reason(low manpower+inf spam==bad).

Oy vey! They were set to build 90% infantry and 10 % interceptors. I've balanced it out. It'll be interesting to see how the WK2 now unfolds.

I've given the Hong Kong University some nuclear skills.

No, that's not necessary (and insanely unrealistic to boot.) Qing has an event which upgrades it's tech teams once China is (completely) unified which gives Qinghua University the nuclear physics specialty, among other things. After 1946 Qing China gets Wang Pu as a second nuclear tech team, who possesses both nuclear specialties plus mathematics.

I haven't played the Qing in a decade, I knew something was fishy about them not having nuclear techs.

I haven't played the Qing in a decade, I knew something was fishy about them not having nuclear techs.

Speaking of nuclear tech teams, why does Russia's CKB-Rubin start with nuclear engineering? I didn't realise that Russia began designing and building nuclear submarines in 1936! :p (They could also do with the submarine design perk, because that's what they did historically.)

Last edited:
Events 7710192~771093 (Wrangel) require nazi ideology for some reason, despite none of the others doing so ('cept the Commies, course).

When AI Austria unites the empire by force, it has the option of taking a tag change into A-H or the Danubian Federation to gain cores on the rest of its lands. It also has an option of doing nothing, which gives it a massive empire without any cores. Disregarding the rather horrendous effects on the AI, it is also questionable that choosing the status quo doesn't grant any cores while choosing to go A-H doesn't, because reinstating/enforcing Hungarian supremacy over half the empire is probably not going to make the rest of the minorities very happy at all.

Exactly as it says. The Anglo-German WP is intended, I assume, to resolve the situation of Britain being on an island and the Germans having no real way to fight off the Entente (basically Peace with Honour v.KR). The entire idea falls apart when the Entente gains a massive continental ally called Russia, and the fact that it can still trigger when the Russians have taken over Berlin and on the edge of swarming the entire continent, which can be very frustrating as a Russian player.

Right, so all this talk about Qing China and bugs led me to play a game as the Qing, and I spotted a bug! The Mongolia annexation events for the Qing give claims on Tuva, which conflict with option b (add claim on Tuva) of the Tuva liberation event. Ergo, the Qing player only has option a (release Tuva) when the event fires. Removing the Tuva claim from the Mongolia annexation events fixes this problem.

Here are the fixed Mongolian annexation events for the Qing without the Tuva claim:

event = {
id = 925012
random = no
country = CSX
style = 2
picture = "China_Rally"

name = "Mongolia capitulate"
desc = "Our armies have defeated pathetic Mongolia armed forces and took their capital city. Mongolia - which declared independence when the Empire was weak - is ours again!"

action_a = {
name = "This is a big day for our Empire!"
command = { type = inherit which = MON }
command = { type = addclaim which = 1124 }
command = { type = addclaim which = 1123 }
command = { type = addclaim which = 1125 }
command = { type = addclaim which = 1121 }
command = { type = addclaim which = 1122 }
command = { type = addclaim which = 1120 }
command = { type = dissent value = -1 }
command = { type = event which = 925014 where = CSX when = 1 }
}
}

event = {
id = 925013
random = no
country = CSX
style = 2
picture = "China_Rally"

trigger = {
control = { province = 1124 data = CSX }
owned = { province = 1124 data = CSX }
NOT = {
exists = MON
}
}

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }
offset = 5
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1963 }

name = "Chinese flag over Urga"
desc = "Our armies defeated the pathetic Sternberg and occupied his lands. Now Mongolia - which was taken by the Russians when the Empire was weak - is ours again!"

action_a = {
name = "This is a big day for the Qing Empire!"
command = { type = addclaim which = 1124 }
command = { type = addclaim which = 1123 }
command = { type = addclaim which = 1125 }
command = { type = addclaim which = 1121 }
command = { type = addclaim which = 1122 }
command = { type = addclaim which = 1120 }
command = { type = dissent value = -1 }
command = { type = event which = 925014 where = CSX when = 1 }
}
}

Last edited:
A request: There is an event for the Italian federation to declare war on the RSI if the commune of France is defeated, so should have one for the RSI declare war together with the commune of France in the Italian Federation after the German empire is defeated

Not so sure about this, though. Infiltration was the historic British doctrine IRL, was it not?

No, it was GBP, which goes on to integrating armor. Light Infantry path is meant for Japan.