• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Im playing as German Empire right now and whenever I occupy the Polish region events for the liberation of Syndicalist Poland by the Commune of France always triggers. Weird.

Last edited:
Am playing as GER - a few comments:

1) My units are upgrading but i am not investing any IC in upgrades - bug? EDIT: i did have it upgrading at one point maybe the IC allocation didn't stop when i changed it back to zero?

2) Seems to be very difficult to get dissent even down to single figures - presumably WAD so just an observation. The cost in consumer goods to reduce dissent seems a lot higher than in ordinary DH.

3) I've turned off all the auto trade etc options as this seems to drain the treasury real quick because of the high money cost of diplomacy (even fo0r just giving them techs so if you have a lot of puppets this adds up)

4) Being new to the mod i am struggling to find a good strategy for Germany so any tips here would be most welcome.

Having said all that - AWESOME mod - thanks guys. :D

Last edited:

1) My units are upgrading but i am not investing any IC in upgrades - bug? EDIT: i did have it upgrading at one point maybe the IC allocation didn't stop when i changed it back to zero?

2) Seems to be very difficult to get dissent even down to single figures - presumably WAD so just an observation. The cost in consumer goods to reduce dissent seems a lot higher than in ordinary DH.

3) I've turned off all the auto trade etc options as this seems to drain the treasury real quick because of the high money cost of diplomacy (even fo0r just giving them techs so if you have a lot of puppets this adds up)

4) Being new to the mod i am struggling to find a good strategy for Germany so any tips here would be most welcome.

Having said all that - AWESOME mod - thanks guys. :D

2. It depends what country you play as and what decisions you make. Some countries have a lot of events that lower dissent, while others are pretty much dissent machines. In events where there are multiple choices, it's up to you to decide whether the benefits of a choice are worth the dissent.

4. In earlier versions, I liked to just build as many tanks as I could and put them on the border with France, although infantry have served to be a good substitute since the change to the Darkest Hour Full tech tree. Either way, just spam, put on French border, rinse and repeat. But then again, that's more or less my strategy for every country.

I think that reinforcement and replenishment of losses also upgrades your units, after a fashion.

Just noticed that many countries have '34 CAS tech, but are unable to build CAS because 1916 attack plane activates it, '34 only gives a new model.

Maybe the new political Sliders Effekts should be reworked. Seemed to be not very balanced.

what was the problem with the sliders - theres several that you don't have the option to move (e.g. to central planning) - is this it?

I think that reinforcement and replenishment of losses also upgrades your units, after a fashion.
pretty sure i had done 99.9% of reinforcements - so don't think it was this

I use the hotfix
The problem is: Just replacing standing army with mobilisation does not make sense, when not EVERY event is reworked to that. Why give events giving the human wave doctrine demobilisation ( more people in arms because of conscription ) and events giving mobility focus doctrine more mobilisation ( but less conscription due to professionalised army ).
Then what brings mobilisation / demobilisation ? demobilisation gives hugh org bonus , each point mobilisation gives less. But even on mobi 7 i cant set claims or invite into an alliance ( Not high interventionism ) Or mobi 4 and 10 interventionist i cant create alliances or demand provinces. If this is WAD ( alliances and claims only by event) its ok but it shouldnt stand in the sliders tool tip as it does now. High mobilisation gives also more production time, so why should i have high mobilisation? Where are the benefits in war?
Also, why should a nation not be interventionsts? Giving less Production Costs and reducing the mali of interventionist 0?

When you are just able to change leftist/ rightest and hawk / dove nation, why can't i change for example market situation? Just asking why these to sliders are choosen to be changeable?

strangestuff.png

Ok firstly love this mod and all the great changes that have been made with the new darkest hour version. I have probably played for 20 hours or so with the first 1.0 zero version and loved it. Now I am trying out the 1.1 version but i have a few questions

As you can see on the image germany is syndicalist, what happened? I dont know really they went to war with france due to some minister being murdered, i hadn't really paid much attention as i was watching a balkan war. But then i noticed they're government was syndicalist for some reason. What event caused this and was it wad?

Also another extra question. I'm playing austria and i went with centralize in the ausgleich, this is my second attempt in 1.1 the earlier attempt resulted in germany joining the fray late in the war due to some strange events regarding poland. But this time they decided to support me for some reason during the negotiations and hungary then became my puppet. Ok so now what? Is there an event chain to become the danubian federation or dual monarchy if i have all the countries as puppets or ? I only saw the same event from 1.0 where you have to annex bohemia,hungary and croatia to be able to choose a new future for the empire. Am I stuck as a federation because the germans pressured hungary?

again thanks for awesome game

Gottskalks post reminded me - how exactly do you go about forming the Danubian Federation?

Gottskalks post reminded me - how exactly do you go about forming the Danubian Federation?

yeah you have to go to war with hungary and win them and then a series of events happen where you get a chance to annex all the other countries. And after that if you have all the right provinces and are at peace the event happens where you can choose to restore the dual monarchy or become the danubian federation and one third choice i cant remember. I restarted my game and managed to do just that, but damn poland stole galacia and then allied with germany so i wont be getting those core back any time soon :(

I absolutely love this mod. I've been playing HOI and HOI 2 on and off for years, and this mod certainly injects new life into the series. It's so refreshing not to know almost automatically how history will unfold.

Just wanted to make mention that it seems like there's a bit of an error on an event later on in the game. Sometime around 1948, Poland demands Brest-Litovsk, and if White Ruthenia rejects the demand, the two go to war. This also drags the German Empire into the war, but on both sides, which means that the German Empire is really at war with not only itself, but every one of its allies. I reloaded and made sure that White Ruthenia accepted the demand so I could continue with my game, and I hadn't seen anything posted about this yet, so I figured I'd give a heads up. This is with DH 1.1, as well as KR 1.1.

I absolutely love this mod. I've been playing HOI and HOI 2 on and off for years, and this mod certainly injects new life into the series. It's so refreshing not to know almost automatically how history will unfold.

Just wanted to make mention that it seems like there's a bit of an error on an event later on in the game. Sometime around 1948, Poland demands Brest-Litovsk, and if White Ruthenia rejects the demand, the two go to war. This also drags the German Empire into the war, but on both sides, which means that the German Empire is really at war with not only itself, but every one of its allies. I reloaded and made sure that White Ruthenia accepted the demand so I could continue with my game, and I hadn't seen anything posted about this yet, so I figured I'd give a heads up. This is with DH 1.1, as well as KR 1.1.

you need to use the DH1.02 and KR 1.1+hotfix. If you are using old versions its hard to say where the problem is. but this sounds like a old problem, seen other posts like this on other war declarations.

edit. you get the DH1.02 beta patch from tech support forum.

Sigh. I can never beat the Germans as France. Why do I fail at everything I do?