• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm going to just come out with this:

I am playing as Russia, latest patch (1.5)

I have annexed the Caucausas, excluding Azerbajain, a puppet. I am allied with Alash Orda, who has annexed Turkmenistan, and White Ruthenia. I own the Crimea, as well. I have not, however gotten any further events relating to Mongolia, Japan, or even WKII. It is now January, 1941. What should I do?

Without knowing more about your situation, I'd suggest uniting with your Ukrainian, Finnish, and Polish friends; start with whomever is most isolated.

I need more information to give good advise - screenshots of East Asia, Europe, and N. America can help, as can addressing the bellow. Untill then, I'd suggest considering these factors:

Your long-term goals - world conquest, united Eurasia, cold war (with whom?), etc.
Your difficulty preferences - do you enjoy a challenge?
Setting up a strong position and switching to a different natiom mid-game.
Land doctrines - mobility/manpower/firepower for Germany, France, and yourself.
Your army size.
Relative naval strengths - US Civil War survivor, Britain, Japan, and yourself.
Status of WWII in Europe
Japan/China power balance in Asia

I'm playing as National France, I'm at the part when I have to choose between proclaiming a Republic, Kingdom, Empire or staying as I am. I was wondering, which option has the most events or the most interesting one?

I'd really like if you guys could flesh out the late game with some more events. It feels like all the events for the smaller nations come out in the 1936-1938 window and then just stop coming, and when the war's over there's really nothing much of interest happening in my experience.

On top of that, I wish there were more opportunities for the Internationale-Mitteleuropa war to kick off other than just the potential conflicts that ramp up before 1939 (Switzerland, Norway, French intervention in Spain, etc), because it seems like when all these potential opportunities are exhausted the French AI just jumps straight into the Alsace-Lorraine demand in '39, which feels more than a little like the computer saying 'welp, if we can't start a war with all these methods, might as well fight it out over Alsace-Lorraine.'

I'm playing a game as New England to see how long I can survive post ACW, and for the first time in Europe I saw Germany at war with Soviet Russia and France at the same time. It doesn't look good for them. They attacked the Soviet Union and then the French attacked them.

I'm going to just come out with this:

I am playing as Russia, latest patch (1.5)

I have annexed the Caucausas, excluding Azerbajain, a puppet. I am allied with Alash Orda, who has annexed Turkmenistan, and White Ruthenia. I own the Crimea, as well. I have not, however gotten any further events relating to Mongolia, Japan, or even WKII. It is now January, 1941. What should I do?

Wars tend to break event chains. I think that happened. You'll just have to start declaring war yourself instead of relying on events at that point.

I'd personally like to see events going back earlier into the 30s, if possible. It would also be nice to see the timeline extended out into the 60s, perhaps in the way of a Cold War, if the world hasn't completely fallen to one alliance, in which case the alliance could split based on its radicalness.

The Optional Syndicalist Package download link no longer seems to be working. Anyone have any working links?

More Ukrainian Events

I think Ukraine's role in Kaissereich is severely underplayed. Being sandwiched between the Mittleuropa alliance on one side and a revanchist Russian behemoth on the other, Ukraine has many opportunities in terms of achieving prominence in geopolitical affairs. What I would like to see the most regarding Ukraine are events relating to the creation of a new "super-state" should it manage to militarily triumph over that of Russia. If it's a monarchy (but has formally withdrawn from the Mittleuropa alliance), then Ukraine should be able to establish a so-called "Empire of the Kievan Rus" with its Austrian-born monarch ascending to the position of Czar. However, if it finds itself under the rule of the Totalist Khrushev, then it should be able to create something along the lines of an "Eastern Soviet Federation" also based in Kiev. In addition, there also needs to be a lot more domestic events regarding economic development and, if it's democratic, elections.

Last edited:
I think Ukraine's role in Kaissereich is severely underplayed. Being sandwiched between the Mittleuropa alliance on one side and a revanchist Russian behemoth on the other, Ukraine has many opportunities in terms of achieving prominence in geopolitical affairs. What I would like to see the most regarding Ukraine are events relating to the creation of a new "super-state" should it manage to militarily triumph over that of Russia. If it's a monarchy (but has formally withdrawn from the Mittleuropa alliance), then Ukraine should be able to establish a so-called "Empire of the Kievan Rus" with its Austrian-born monarch ascending to the position of Czar. However, if it finds itself under the rule of the Totalist Khrushev, then it should be able to create something along the lines of an "Eastern Soviet Federation" also based in Kiev. In addition, there also needs to be a lot more domestic events regarding economic development and, if it's democratic, elections.
I would love to do a Greater Ukraine, but I can't pinpoint where should I put the cores and stuff.

640px-Ukrainians_in_early_20th_century.png

IMO, Give them Don-Kuban (Unification of the Cossacks), Bessarabia (enough Ukrainiains there for a claim), Carpathian Ruthenia (heavily Ukrainian demographically), and some form of union with White Ruthenia to better defend against a resurgent Russia. Additionally, Abkhazia and South Ossetia, and alliance with Azerbaijan/and/or Armenia / claims on Georgia in case Russia goes commie, again, for unified defense. Maybe core the caucuses after 5 years?

The black - cores, claims-to-quick-cores (within 1 year), maroon/brown - Anti-Soviet protection claims /long-term cores (5 years+)...

Possibly Ukraine reunifying the Russian empire in case of Soviet Russia, with a capital in Kyiv/Moscow?

xrBcuRb.png

When i try to load a savegame, I always get the game crashing to desktop. Savedebug says

What should I do?

Open the save game (Austria.eug) and remove the number 14 in line 151188. Should work then, I've encountered similar errors and fixed them this way. I recommend using Notepad++ to open .eug files, as well as .txt and .csv ones for that matter.

The links for the official soundtrack and optional syndicalist package doesn't work anymore. Can someone please provide working ones?

Played an Austria game and had a few annoyances. First, the Poles jumped into Galicia. I declared war and conquered them. I didn't get any events regarding puppeting them or anything, and if I try to do it manually they get Galicia. Kind of annoying.

Serbia started taking over Bosnia and Croatia and I was never prompted to jump into that war. I declared war manually so I had to fight Greece and Romania, too.

When I won against Romania, I chose to puppet them and end the war. Serbia and Greece also peaced out of the war. Very annoying. Had to cheat to get land from Serbia...

Also a question: Playing a UoB game and the war hasn't started by 1943. What gives?

Played an Austria game and had a few annoyances. First, the Poles jumped into Galicia. I declared war and conquered them. I didn't get any events regarding puppeting them or anything, and if I try to do it manually they get Galicia. Kind of annoying.

Serbia started taking over Bosnia and Croatia and I was never prompted to jump into that war. I declared war manually so I had to fight Greece and Romania, too.

When I won against Romania, I chose to puppet them and end the war. Serbia and Greece also peaced out of the war. Very annoying. Had to cheat to get land from Serbia...

Also a question: Playing a UoB game and the war hasn't started by 1943. What gives?

This is why I think it's important the events currently in the game are fixed while adding more necessary ones to cater for other possibilities. There are many gaps - Russia is broken, Japan is broken...the English language used is broken.

I'd rather not have any more "new" events like Greater Ukraine above until we have a fluid foundation to work with.

Agreed, it's a real shame. The last three games I've had fell to broken events. UoB had the war never start and Iceland's government fell to syndicalists according to an event, but then the Canadians still sent troops, I got no opportunity to reply, and they remained social liberal and isolated forever.
That happened in my game before that too, a Russia game, where my Asian event chain broke because I allied with Japan via an event, so nothing happened. Had to manually end it and start the eastern europe events...
There are too many broken events for "minor" countries and it can have effects on everyone else.
AI Russia in my UoB game (soviet Russians) declared war on Georgia via a decision despite a huge Mountain Republic which had conquered the Cossacks blocking their path. I made them declare war on the Mountain Republic and they then conquered it, but I shouldn't have to do that. The AI should know how to declare wars properly...

So, yet another save has been ruined by bugs!
Playing as the CSA, I launched a coup in Cuba. Great!
I gave them freedom instead of puppeting them, meaning we were equal allies.

Then they randomly peaced out with the USA so I had to give back all my land to the US that I took from them. Then New England declared war on me, and the entire save was ruined.

Fourth game in a row where really stupid bugs have ruined it.

Now I get the PSA and USA pushed to the rockies...where they have massive stacks of soldiers somehow so I can't do anything and whenever I take a province my soldiers get annihilated
Fun stuff
Also the Soviets randomly allied with me and I can't kick them out which is wonderful too

Now I get the PSA and USA pushed to the rockies...where they have massive stacks of soldiers somehow so I can't do anything and whenever I take a province my soldiers get annihilated
Fun stuff
Also the Soviets randomly allied with me and I can't kick them out which is wonderful too

You're experiencing some weird stuff =s

/pat

Savegame please!

I'm having a UoB game right now where the following happened:

- I foster Syndies in Norway, which indeed flips to left-wing radicalism (or whatever that's called in KR). Yay!
- Sweden attacks them.
- Findland attacks both Norway and Sweden.
- Since I'm getting no events to protect Norway (after all I'm guaranteeing their independence), I decide to manually DoW Finland (Norway doesn't want alliance).
- While I'm in Scandinavia, Russia flips to left-wing radicalism too, and I ally them (manually).
- Russia invades Finland but then peaces out by event, gaining some border provinces: I'm alone against Finland again.
- Now Germany DoWs me, putting them at war with Soviet Russia too, and with Ukraine (which turned Syndie).
- France by event DoW Germany now, but doesn't ally with me.
- France advances into Germany, but now Germany allies Austria and the war bogs down; in the East, Soviets have a bit of trouble because their divs are still understrength.
- Finns around my positions in Scandinavia get more and more numerous, situation becomes hard to maintain because of bad infra and my crap doctrines, so I decide to withdraw and return when I've built a proper army (UoB army is pretty small at the start).
- I pester Germany with strategic bombers and also land near Berlin, take the city, and then quickly withdraw again (to Malmö, which I take by amphibious assault). Also sink most of their fleet with a small CV fleet.
- Finns offer peace, I accept, my divisions redeploy to home.
- Germans start pushing the French quite hard, and regain a few provinces.
- I decide to land in Kiel and secure Schleswig-Holstein, Hamburg and Lubeck, that area. French regain Wilhelmshafen and Bremen.
- Now German situation is starting to become desperate and they start losing ground against me, France and also Russia, who have finally gotten their act together.
- In the US, Canada has DoWed the CSA and conquered quite a sizable amount of land. When at peace, Canada immediately DoWs me by event.
- USA ask for the territory back, Canadians offer alliance for territory, USA accepts. Great, now I'm at war with the US and I don't even have France as an ally. At least the USA doesn't have California (Mexico took care of that).
- Canadians send over their fleet and somehow manage to trash most of my fleet. They then start attacking supply convoys, making the supply situation in Germany kind of precarious. Lucky the Germans are all but defeated. Still, because of the bad supply situation, Soviets manage to get to Berlin first.
- Soviets create Prussia, I create NGF, France creates German Union. I hold some land of Prussia's, but can't give it to them since they are a puppet. Argh. France still doesn't want to ally.
- I build lots of Navs and start sinking the Canadian and US fleet. Also build some CVs which (along with the remains of my old fleet) trash some more of their ships.
- I invade National France, who are also at war with the Arab league. So far I've liberated Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia.
- All the time building IC as well, so that now I have more IC than the US. That's where I am now.

Just thought I'd share :). Note how a manual DoW screwed up the world quite a bit...

Last edited: