• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also; Two things.

First;
32a67083a5.jpg

And the counters and unit names for the Indochinese are for uhh... Brunei.

I have a fixed counter for that.

Also, a question for the mod makers:

As I'm doing my own personal project to improve East Asia which I hope would be looked at...would a few changes to nation names be acceptable?

The names in question are as follows:

The Fengtien Republic - Fengtien is the old name for Liaoning province, located within Manchuria. As the warlord era is over and the self proclaimed republic encompasses Manchuria, it should probably just be called Manchuria. A lot of events refer to it this way anyway.

Xibei Lianbang Yiyuan - Now I'm sure this is brilliant if you know Chinese, but this mod is in the English language and it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Given that the area the nation covers is made up of multiple ethnic groups, governed by a dynasty of Chinese nationalists, I propose the Xibei State (North West State). Upon the annexation of Tibet and Mongolia it would be the Xibu Federation (Western Federation).

Shanqing Tianguo - Can very easily be called the Shanqing Heavenly Kingdom and not leave as much confusion. A fully formed Empire can be simply the Shanqing Heavenly Empire.

I would also change the name of the Algostasien GmbH to [General] East Asia Company (EAC), but that would probably be unpopular due to the time its been that way.

Last edited:
I think some of the names of nations could use some freshening up. I seem to recall an event for releasing Belarus and not White Ruthenia as CoF though. Am I crazy, or was that a thing at some point?

The TSR will be fixed next release, I promise. :D

I prefer the Chinese names as they are, but I'll take Manchuria under consideration.

Well, it's for a sense of uniformity if anything. If we're keeping Xibei Lianbang Yiyuan, then one wonders why the Republic of China isn't Zhonghua Minguo, and so forth...and then when does it stop?

I find the basic identity of nations often follow the principles of vexillography (the design of flags), the most important being: the flag should be so simple that a child can draw it from memory. With this in mind, you can probably see where I'm coming from. Xibei Lianbang Yiyuan, Shanqing Tianguo and Allgemeine Ostasiatische Gesellschaft (Algostasien GmbH) would never appear on an English map for obvious reasons...they're too hard to identify and unintelligible to the English speaker.

But if I can't persuade you then never mind.

Playing as the Ottomans. I was able to survive the massive unrest and rebellions and the country is back together. Is there much else to do with them? I went through the events and I saw a possible miltiary coup, but not sure if that might still happen since the civil wars went my way. If not I may just go conquering the rest of the middle east or take back the few fish that got away (Armenia and Albania). Syndicalism has taken over i'm afraid. France and the Soviet Union both one their wars and it looks like the CSA is going to win in the US. Interesting thing is for the first time I saw the CSA and AUS ally to take out the USA.

Is there any events were the International will try and spread their godless philosophies to Ottoman territory?

Thanks!

Pretty sure the only other events that can occur for you is if Germany asks for aid from the Central Powers.

Which isn't sanctioned by the Kaiserreich team, IIRC.

You guys should contact him, He should have asked permission... But I'm sure you guys are fine with it, otherwise you would have contacted him. Also I got a problem which I was trying to improve Ukraine, I added custom traits for Wilhelm Von Hapsburg and Yehven Konovalets, also made him a possible head of government. Tried to make one for Skoropadsky, then an extension of the event for instead of appointing Krusechev you could appoint Konovalets... I loaded up KR. ( I tested it before I added on the event). It finished loading than closed no error or anything. Then tried reinstalling put in the Traits only, (which I don't think had an issue aswell as build time mods but I've had those for over 6 months I think) And it doesn't work, I don't know what to do. I'll try again... Is their a cap on Minister traits or something?

Is there anyway to launch Kaiserreich or any other Darkest hour mod without using the launcher? I seem to remember you can create a shortcut but I can't remember the precise instructions. Thank you!

Hey everyone, longtime lurker, first time poster. Ever since I reinstalled DH and KR with it I've had an ongoing issue in which any save made after 1937 is corrupted and causes CTD when attempting a load. I never had this issue before and am curious if this is a new known issue or if there is a work around.

Hey everyone, longtime lurker, first time poster. Ever since I reinstalled DH and KR with it I've had an ongoing issue in which any save made after 1937 is corrupted and causes CTD when attempting a load. I never had this issue before and am curious if this is a new known issue or if there is a work around.

Only time I had something like that is when i researched naval helo. For some reason the game won't load after that. Fixed it by deleting the tech from the tree.

I'm going to just come out with this:

I am playing as Russia, latest patch (1.5)

I have annexed the Caucausas, excluding Azerbajain, a puppet. I am allied with Alash Orda, who has annexed Turkmenistan, and White Ruthenia. I own the Crimea, as well. I have not, however gotten any further events relating to Mongolia, Japan, or even WKII. It is now January, 1941. What should I do?