• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Finished another playthrough today as Canada 1.4beta and I ran into a few things that I think could be improved upon in further versions. Some of this is nitpicky but..

1. Austria never does anything. Whether they reform (very rare) or not Austria always seems to just sit there unless Germany is getting stomped and has the appeal to old allies event. Also Austria has way too much IC. 50 base for just Austria proper. Should have 25-30 (less than Bohemia-Moravia) Hungary should be similar and the whole united empire should probably be sub-100. Also, the emopire shouldn't be as fractured as it is. Austria should directly own Bohemia, occupy Bosnia (maybe without cores). Galicia might make sense as a semi-independent puppet, but the whole issue is based around Hungarian-Austrian rivalry.

2. Russia is super fleshed out but the Soviet Union isn't. Soviets lack a ton of events to guide them in one direction or the other and their tech teams are horrid. A lesser poinit, I think Russia should have events to modernize their tech, especially if they go fascist and pick the 'meld into a corporate state' decision

3. A lot of the major powers don't do much in the later game, especially Canada/USA. After the US civil war they should probably join the Entente if still democrat, Internationalle if Syndie, etc, or a t least have events to join the major war. Japan and Canada don't do much either. I think a lot of that is because of the invasion and naval AI overall isn't great.

4. The starting ground oobs seem really low for a lot of majors. This leads to very quick and often confusing wars, especially the US civil war where neither side enough units to keep a continuous border.

Thats all for now, already a great game but just wanted to put my 2 cents in to maybe make it even better.

Austria should directly own Bohemia, occupy Bosnia (maybe without cores). Galicia might make sense as a semi-independent puppet, but the whole issue is based around Hungarian-Austrian rivalry.

The Austrian empire was strongly destabilised back in 1927 and they had to make concessions to keep it together.

3. A lot of the major powers don't do much in the later game, especially Canada/USA. After the US civil war they should probably join the Entente if still democrat, Internationalle if Syndie, etc, or a t least have events to join the major war. Japan and Canada don't do much either. I think a lot of that is because of the invasion and naval AI overall isn't great.

Each American state has events to join an alliance, with more or less chances of joining. Japan can do a variety of things, like getting involved in Russia, curbstomping the Qing, subjugating Mongolia, or even jumping on the German colonies. Unfortunately, you're right about the weakness of invasions (usually resulting in Canada and the UoB never invading each other).

4. The starting ground oobs seem really low for a lot of majors. This leads to very quick and often confusing wars, especially the US civil war where neither side enough units to keep a continuous border.

I haven't had this experience since Doomsday. The US civil war is now a lot more ordered (though it seems to me that the CSA almost always wins now).

The Austrian empire was strongly destabilised back in 1927 and they had to make concessions to keep it together..

"Concessions" shouldn't, Imo, result in a bunch of different countries. Bohemia traditionally was the most tightly controlled of the non-German areas. At least give Austria the Sudettenland and garrisons in Bohemia.

Each American state has events to join an alliance, with more or less chances of joining. Japan can do a variety of things, like getting involved in Russia, curbstomping the Qing, subjugating Mongolia, or even jumping on the German colonies..

I know that Japan has events to do a lot of things but I never seem to see it do much. I want to see a naval war on some level somewhere but Canada/UoB/USA/Japan/Germany should be the big players and their AI shackles them. I've never seen Germany actually defend any of its colonies against Japan. Very strange event chain fired for me recently. Siberia breaks away from Russia during the civil war, later Transamur annexes Siberia and breaks away from Japan. This could have resulted in a really cool 3 way war but no declarations.

I haven't had this experience since Doomsday. The US civil war is now a lot more ordered (though it seems to me that the CSA almost always wins now).

I never see the CSA win, maybe because I'm usually sending supplies/men to Union or USA though...

For CoF, is there a "crusade" against Russia if Germany is defeated and Russia isn't red?
Also, can Qing take back its land from Germany peacefully?

I don't think there is an event for CoF to invade Russia, but you can do it yourself and then Russia will get the Great Patriotic War event. Qing can peacefully take the German colonies if Germany loses the 2nd Weltkrieg.

Hey, for the assassination of the ambassador to austria event, it will still say austria even if austria has been annexed (and I am also assuming in the case it does not exist). Maybe alter the chain so that it will work for the non existence of austria, maybe a provisional governor if Austria is part of Germany or maybe the government of AL. Minor detail, I know, but all the details are what make this mod great

trotskyvssternberg.png

Chris just made this awesome thingy! ^^

Choose your winner here:

http://cs.servegame.com/kaiserreich/showthread.php?tid=1412&pid=26642#pid26642

:D

Trotsky isn't even in KR...?

Running into a very odd issue. I'm copying my .misc file from my base DH Full to KR (works fine in DH Full) where it ends up corrupting all my minister files. I cannot figure out how changing any of those modifiers would do that

Well, im a right Newbiee at this :unsure: and i dont have the first idea on how to download this file into the game... can someone help me or give me a link to a step by step guide on how to do it please? thank you:excl: :blush:

Well, im a right Newbiee at this :unsure: and i dont have the first idea on how to download this file into the game... can someone help me or give me a link to a step by step guide on how to do it please? thank you:excl: :blush:

If you have the latest version of Darkest Hour then download KR with this link: http://cs.servegame.com:1337/Kaiserreich for DH 1.4. BETA 1.7z

Unrar the Kaiserreich folder into the Mods folder in your Darkest Hour folder.

Couple of suggestions/bugs:

1. The ottoman negotiations with italy event can ruin an invasion of italy if you are allies with it, maybe an option to ignore negotiations?
2. If Glacia-Lombardia gains independence and poland exists, there should be an event for the two to merge if they have similar ideologies
3. If Hawaii joins the Pacific States of America, and they are then invaded by another country in the civil war and forced off the continent, the civil war will continue, maybe a peace with honor type event?
4. Iberian Federation State?
5. More post war options, such as creating a transyvania with a german administration, allowing for settlement
6. Batlic settlement should take more manpower
7. The option to colonize other states force ably, like Lithuania (under the right conditions)
8. The ability to annex national france and return that area to a puppet france
9. Under a national popularist state, you should be able to do a to the urals without having to fight to the bitter end.
10. The ability to only annex the german areas of bohemia and add a puppet king to the other area.
11. The ability to puppet Italy in two parts if Germany invades
12. Some option that allows you to turn all owned territory over to mittleafrica as germany
13. Generally more liberation events, more puppet options, and maybe having the annexation and dissent reducing conquest events be one and the same.