• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The division illustration portraits a cruiser instead of a interceptor fighter plane.

Any plans to lock the US post-Civil War events involving MacArthur in the event that the US either becomes (or stays) a democracy? When Mac defaults into the HoS position after Knox dies in '44, a lot of events start firing that make absolutely no sense.

Hi guys, so far, a really great mod for DH.

However, there is a game-breaking bug in the succession crisis in White Ruthenia.

As Germany, I forged an alliance through lots of monetary aid with Austria, Poland, and all my puppet states, along with Mittleafrika. Things were looking up.

Then, when Poland pressed its claims against Belarus, the entire alliance fell apart. Belarus left the alliance, and when Poland pressed its claims, war began. But, rather than the alliance declaring war on Belarus I was at war with everybody in my alliance including Flanders, Poland, and Austria.....

If there is an actual in game reason, it needs to be explained.....

Its an Engine thing:
Poland is your ally
Belarus left your alliance, but is still your puppet.
Poland declar war against your puppet.
The whole alliance follows poland into the war.
Your help your puppet and follow your alliance.
You have war with everybody.

I just pretty much ended my game as Soviet Union. I formed it without civil war (that was accident!) and had a few problems.
First I didn't get the cores of Russia because there was no civil war which probably isn't WAD as I got all strange cores to caucasus and Mongolia etc, after few years I fired that event manually.
Second, I noticed that wrong province blocks movement to Kuressaarre (picture: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/93771120.png/ )
Third, Soviet Union is able to choose two different Doctrine paths (Mobility AND Firepower which seems a bit strange) at the same time.
Fourth which is just in this game due to syndicalism, the colors of map are too often red in Europe :) http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/60831610.png/
There are three different countries with same color as neighbours. That's probably WAD though as it's not normal that they all exist.

Hi,
I'm new to Mods. Do I only have to download the mod and copy it into a game folder or what do i have to do?
Works with the newest patch?

Hi,
I'm new to Mods. Do I only have to download the mod and copy it into a game folder or what do i have to do?
Works with the newest patch?

You download it and place the folder in the "Mods" folder in the Darkest Hour folder. And it does work with the newest patch.

And welcome to the forum! :)

Playing as britain i've had some strange things happen, first of all is germany supposed to have a surrender event? I joined the french in the warand overran all of germany ( the french got stuck in the border reagions and halfway through belgium). Yet they didn't surrender, saw they got that baltic event giving them those states thought ok maybe after i get those. Then still no surrender after i had "liberated" those parts.

Russia joined the war when germany was down too having only konigsberg left. they did surrender quite quickly though after i only took half a dozen or so provinces. But this is where the thing that annoyed me happened. Immediatly after the french accepted the russian surrender turning them into soviet russia supposedly (they remained the russian empire, if necessary to know there had been a second civil war where soviet russia got annexed). This event also returned all of the rest of europe back to the status quo (except for flanders). Also russias new flag seems like it doesn't exist.
before it happened all of the central powers territory from cologne to the west and St petersburg to the east was occupied by britain.
russiaz.jpg

I did play on for 3 months after this screen and nothing further happened besides poland conquering most of the central powers as they remained at war and they didn't have any troops left.

i am also playing as Britain but I mannaged to Conquer Canada and the AUS (Winners of the civil war) got the event fot canada and descided to liberate the CSA, but they only have their starting position during the civil war. Why dont they get claims over all of America?

I have a bug and need some help. My game go alright but when I save a game, I can't reload it, a window appears telling that there is bad leader files and then, the game crash. What have I done?

You download it and place the folder in the "Mods" folder in the Darkest Hour folder. And it does work with the newest patch.

And welcome to the forum!
ah thanks. I have installed it correctly and played it yesterday. But where should "SkinsofMilitary" go to?

Last edited:
On my machine they're stored here: C:\Games\Darkest Hour\Mods\Kaiserreich for DH\gfx\Skins\

They contain various versions of skins for the same countries, although both packs have country skins in them that are neglected in the other. However, the KanaX skins are not universally adopted to DH style (here's a link to the SkinsOfMilities in DH: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L3I7Y1PW). My advice would be to download both packs and then look them trough to see which set suits you taste the better.

Which leader file?

each. When I click ignore, another appears. They give a name, saying the head of state or the minister of security are invalid.