• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Indeed I've seen Germany break off Normandy and Brittany from France.

Those are vassals you can release - after annexing France obviously your belligerence will go through the roof which makes the AI want to release vassals. I don't know if there are actually events for them - if there are, I have yet to see them trigger. Occupying every last one of France's provinces outside of a territory the event would never check for since it traditionally belongs to Portugal should certainly be enough to trigger any sort of capitulation event. I'd love to be able to hand France over to Nationalist France, really (without going into Open Negotiations and manually clicking through each province).

Last edited:
Those are vassals you can release - after annexing France obviously your belligerence will go through the roof which makes the AI want to release vassals. I don't know if there are actually events for them - if there are, I have yet to see them trigger. Occupying every last one of France's provinces outside of a territory the event would never check for since it traditionally belongs to Portugal should certainly be enough to trigger any sort of capitulation event. I'd love to be able to hand France over to Nationalist France, really (without going into Open Negotiations and manually clicking through each province).

There are events for all that, they just happen (at least they should and I've seen them happen) after Germany annexes France. Normandy, Brittany, Occitania, and a rump France can be released with those events, France can be given to Nationalist France for an alliance, or the three states you release can just partition France between themselves. A capitulation event might be a good idea though, though it would have to take into account potential Entente and Med. Pact territory in France.

In my current game as Sweden i've followed the obvious path of killing my neighbours. unfortunately Sweden lacks manpower to the point that at the time the Finland event fires which resulted in me being at war with them i had 6 divisions (4 to start, 1 built, one made by event) to their 14. I have no manpower to build any divisions and am struggling to take Finland which should be a fairly balanced war...... Something to rework methinks? maybe just add some conscription events or something if you go the way of military domination.....

2 more things:

1. Itd be nice to see the ACW expanded upon more. Ive already posted quite a bit about how the revolters are too weak so I wont go into that, but what I mean is, there should be more times for it to start and it should be avoidable all together. What happened to FDR in KTL? It seems like what America needs is a charismatic leader. One more thing, if the America First or CSA go for a democratic government, should MacArthur still take power (if 1 of those 2 win the election).

2. Some Russo-Japanese chains would be nice. I remember there was a scenario in the HoI 2 version about the Russian invasion of Transumur

Edit: 2 more things

3. Theres quite a few complaints about nothing happening after 1939. I recommend moving the Franco-German war back to 1940 or even 1941. This could be balanced by hitting the German economy harder, increasing its peripheral threats, and more/stronger revolts. I didnt find too much challenge in playing germany-An army in Vietnam along with some ships is really all you need. China usually sorts itself out without German direct intervention, Mittelafrika usually doesnt need German support, and theres no real threats from anywhere else. A feeling of trying to hold everything together (ie: facing Vietnamese revolts, collapse of the AoG, Japanese threats/war, French threats/war, Russian threats/war, all simultaneously) would really make for a good change and more immersive experience. More chains regarding French/German divisions and foreign support would also take on to the 1939 problem. Solving the 1939 problem would also solve the America problem (America needs about 5 years to fully get in gear. Winning the ACW in 38 puts it into position to be war ready to some degree in 41 and fully geared not til 43).

4. I think India could use some expansion but Im not quite sure exactly what the status of India is, especially the Princely Fed. What is it exactly and the same applies to the Chenni Republic.

Last edited:

There is no "capitulation" event. You annex France, then that triggers the event(s) to divvy up France.

1. Itd be nice to see the ACW expanded upon more. Ive already posted quite a bit about how the revolters are too weak so I wont go into that, but what I mean is, there should be more times for it to start and it should be avoidable all together. What happened to FDR in KTL? It seems like what America needs is a charismatic leader. One more thing, if the America First or CSA go for a democratic government, should MacArthur still take power (if 1 of those 2 win the election).

The modders have a policy of trying to minimize the role of people who were leaders OTL (not something I agree with, but I'm not a modder), so FDR more or less just disappeared into smoke.

It's possible to avoid the ACW altogether as Huey Long if you take the right choices (IE., moderation compromising whenever possible, backing down from military engagement, etc.).

Last edited:
I think FDR was assassinated in KR's timeline. However the whole American civil war chain is pretty silly. Huey Long allied with Southern State's Rights Segregationists, Business Plot Conspirators and Nazi sympathizers? It's a weird crew.

I think FDR was assassinated in KR's timeline. However the whole American civil war chain is pretty silly. Huey Long allied with Southern State's Rights Segregationists, Business Plot Conspirators and Nazi sympathizers? It's a weird crew.
The American economic depression caused desperate times and measures to be a lot more common.

Hey!

Hello to all! I'm writing here with a suggestion for the KR.
I love this Mod and it's my favorite from all. But.. I see something wrong. The Central powers promise more territories to Bulgaria, if the alliance win the Great War, as we can see here:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2a/Bulgarian_acquisitions%2C_treaty_IX_1915.jpg

So, my idea is: it can be very interesting for the players, if the KR team add some events for Bulgaria too. Serbia can make Greater Serbia, Greece - the Megali idea.. but Bulgaria can't. In the game not all promised provinces belong to Bulgaria, so if the country win the 4th Balkan war, it will be cool if the same can get back these territories from Serbia. But that's not all - well, everything is O.K. but there is a new question in my head - if Romania, Serbia and Greece are Bulgarian quasi states, isn't Sofia responsible for the National ideas of these countries?
I mean - before the war Bulgaria conduct a pro-German politics, but now maybe the situation has to be turned? A new politics in Sofia to make the game more interesting - with Bulgarian help stronger Serbia, Romania and Greece, because it's better to have strong puppets than weak. The event can be called "The congress of Sofia - choice of a new direction?"..

What do you think guys?

Why is John Nance Garner President then? He was in OTL. Ill find one later but I think America should have a charismatic leader who can bring them out of the depression. Maybe a 3rd party centrist candidate.

I don't get, how even if I elect some of the radical secessionist leaders (Long?), they still secede. ._.

I don't get, how even if I elect some of the radical secessionist leaders (Long?), they still secede. ._.

Because MacArthur's a SOB who doesn't like it when people rock the boat?

Like I said though, if you elect Long and make the right choices you can avoid the ACW entirely.

I always was a little peeved with how Long is conducted in KR. In OTL he was a radical leftist who just so happened to share company with anti-semites and Nazi sympathizers. Now all of a sudden he's on the other side of the spectrum. I don't really get it, honestly.

Last edited:
Hey!

Hello to all! I'm writing here with a suggestion for the KR.
I love this Mod and it's my favorite from all. But.. I see something wrong. The Central powers promise more territories to Bulgaria, if the alliance win the Great War, as we can see here:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2a/Bulgarian_acquisitions%2C_treaty_IX_1915.jpg

So, my idea is: it can be very interesting for the players, if the KR team add some events for Bulgaria too. Serbia can make Greater Serbia, Greece - the Megali idea.. but Bulgaria can't. In the game not all promised provinces belong to Bulgaria, so if the country win the 4th Balkan war, it will be cool if the same can get back these territories from Serbia. But that's not all - well, everything is O.K. but there is a new question in my head - if Romania, Serbia and Greece are Bulgarian quasi states, isn't Sofia responsible for the National ideas of these countries?
I mean - before the war Bulgaria conduct a pro-German politics, but now maybe the situation has to be turned? A new politics in Sofia to make the game more interesting - with Bulgarian help stronger Serbia, Romania and Greece, because it's better to have strong puppets than weak. The event can be called "The congress of Sofia - choice of a new direction?"..

What do you think guys?

mmh that would translate to the provinces of bor and nis

yes ingame stronger puppets would be better but IRL the Bulgarians would probably want their puppets to stay as manageable as possible, don't forget that the balkan leauge doesn't lose much land ( only dubrodja for romania, PS sulina should be ceded too in case that Russia wants bessarabia back) and are thus as much a threat to bulgaria as before the 4th balkan war should bulgaria ever lose the reigns

about your idea for the congress of sofia, I can easilly see a congress with russia against the ottomans (provided that russia has taken over the ukraine)

bessarabia for an alliance, then all the european turkey except istanbul for bulgaria and armenia and kars for russia

2 more things:

2. Some Russo-Japanese chains would be nice. I remember there was a scenario in the HoI 2 version about the Russian invasion of Transumur

Edit: 2 more things

3. Theres quite a few complaints about nothing happening after 1939. I recommend moving the Franco-German war back to 1940 or even 1941. This could be balanced by hitting the German economy harder, increasing its peripheral threats, and more/stronger revolts. I didnt find too much challenge in playing germany-An army in Vietnam along with some ships is really all you need. China usually sorts itself out without German direct intervention, Mittelafrika usually doesnt need German support, and theres no real threats from anywhere else. A feeling of trying to hold everything together (ie: facing Vietnamese revolts, collapse of the AoG, Japanese threats/war, French threats/war, Russian threats/war, all simultaneously) would really make for a good change and more immersive experience. More chains regarding French/German divisions and foreign support would also take on to the 1939 problem. Solving the 1939 problem would also solve the America problem (America needs about 5 years to fully get in gear. Winning the ACW in 38 puts it into position to be war ready to some degree in 41 and fully geared not til 43).

4. I think India could use some expansion but Im not quite sure exactly what the status of India is, especially the Princely Fed. What is it exactly and the same applies to the Chenni Republic.

2 the japanese have an entire expansion plan against russia and can if lucky end up with either puppeted siberia or transamur as big as siberia during the 2nd RCW

the russians also have an expansion plan against japan, they can go till they get the 1905 borders back (whole of manchuria+port arthur) but either this isn't finished or I ran into a bug in the events (manchuria was qing at the time so that could potentially be it)

more scenarios are always welcome :D

4 Delhi already has an entire chain to reform the country, war with afghanistan, annex the princely federation peacefully, war with the barthiya commune and the princely federation, demands on nepal

2 the japanese have an entire expansion plan against russia and can if lucky end up with either puppeted siberia or transamur as big as siberia during the 2nd RCW

the russians also have an expansion plan against japan, they can go till they get the 1905 borders back (whole of manchuria+port arthur) but either this isn't finished or I ran into a bug in the events (manchuria was qing at the time so that could potentially be it)

more scenarios are always welcome :D

4 Delhi already has an entire chain to reform the country, war with afghanistan, annex the princely federation peacefully, war with the barthiya commune and the princely federation, demands on nepal

1. I never see Russia do anything after the RCW. There was one game when the Soviets tried to save an almost defeated Commune. Damn near did, wiped out all the Eastern puppets and invaded Prussia and Hungary but was beaten back.

2. Right, but I never see anything happen there either.

Because MacArthur's a SOB who doesn't like it when people rock the boat?

I always was a little peeved with how Long is conducted in KR. In OTL he was a radical leftist who just so happened to share company with anti-semites and Nazi sympathizers. Now all of a sudden he's on the other side of the spectrum. I don't really get it, honestly.

Mussolini, Mosley, and quite a few other OTL fascists were originally leftists (and still are in Kaiserreich). I don't see why Long can't make the switch as well.

1. I never see Russia do anything after the RCW. There was one game when the Soviets tried to save an almost defeated Commune. Damn near did, wiped out all the Eastern puppets and invaded Prussia and Hungary but was beaten back.

2. Right, but I never see anything happen there either.

1) that's because the triggers are assuming a perfect scenario, ow and they have a 5% chance or so of the russians declining with every direction
take a look in the russian events, somebody spend insane man hours making this, but it desperatly needs cleaning up

2) indeed, except if I play with delhi myself the war never happensn probably because they get the fractured government event or an event not firing, again somebody made a whole chain for delhi but it needs cleaning up

It's possible to avoid the ACW altogether as Huey Long if you take the right choices (IE., moderation compromising whenever possible, backing down from military engagement, etc.).
you sure about that? im reading the events and dont see a way

edit: nvm i got it. that said, im not sure the war is prevented but the chain just kinda stops: as in, its a loophole thats intentionally created

actually, it seems like all post war chains are highly limited or just not there. why do reed and long hate each other though? theyre not terribly different? the entire ACW scenario seems rather forced

Last edited: