• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Of course, the eventual goal of the three major alliances (plus the Russian and the Mediterranean blocs) is to achieve hegemony over Europe. Now, an European Union led by the pope/kaiser/czar/whatever? Plain silly.

EmperorWillham said:
What about an Asian alliance?
We already have a Japanese-led Co-Prosperity Sphere and, under certain circunstances, the Russo-Japanese Alliance, the Korea-based Anti-Japanese Alliance, China's United Front, the Mongolia-Tibet alliance (sometimes also including Xibei Lianbang, the Alash Orda and Turkestan), the Bhartiya-Burma-Vietnam-Philippines syndicalist bloc... Plus Mitteleuropa and the Entente already have a presence in the region.

Of course, the eventual goal of the three major alliances (plus the Russian and the Mediterranean blocs) is to achieve hegemony over Europe. Now, an European Union led by the pope/kaiser/czar/whatever? Plain silly.

We already have a Japanese-led Co-Prosperity Sphere and, under certain circunstances, the Russo-Japanese Alliance, the Korea-based Anti-Japanese Alliance, China's United Front, the Mongolia-Tibet alliance (sometimes also including Xibei Lianbang, the Alash Orda and Turkestan), the Bhartiya-Burma-Vietnam-Philippines syndicalist bloc... Plus Mitteleuropa and the Entente already have a presence in the region.
O. Well what about a North american alliance? Or What about a Pacific Union?

The only way the American union could exist is if one of the countries forcibly puppeted every other country on the continent. I like the idea of flavor events dealing with the relations between, say, the AUS and puppet Mexico, (then again, I always like flavor events) but a unified country would be near impossible in this case and would cause tons and tons of dissent. Even if the CSA took over Canada and Mexico was syndie, I highly doubt either state would want to federate.

What would the Pacific Union be? A union between all nations of the Pacific? Wouldn't that just be Japan conquering Australia, the Philippines, Hawaii, Indonesia, Germany’s colonies, and the West Coast of the United States? Why would all of those different countries want to federate?

The only way the American union could exist is if one of the countries forcibly puppeted every other country on the continent. I like the idea of flavor events dealing with the relations between, say, the AUS and puppet Mexico, (then again, I always like flavor events) but a unified country would be near impossible in this case and would cause tons and tons of dissent. Even if the CSA took over Canada and Mexico was syndie, I highly doubt either state would want to federate.

What would the Pacific Union be? A union between all nations of the Pacific? Wouldn't that just be Japan conquering Australia, the Philippines, Hawaii, Indonesia, Germany’s colonies, and the West Coast of the United States? Why would all of those different countries want to federate?
No no no. what i have in mind is that all the Pacific colonys declare independence and form a Pacific Union. for the North american alliance, the syndie in mexico fall., maybe do to an event, like a coup or by a US backed coup. The US and coups have a history. then the US and Canada join forces and North american alliance is born.

you don't think that the german kaiser, the austrian emperor or the russian tsar wouldn't masturbate after being called: His Imperial Majesty the EMPEROR of EUROPE,
or some syndicalist being called: The general secretary of europe wouldn't masturbate either...
I THINK YES

Sure, along with Alien Space Bats, a Polish-Australian Commonwealth and the Greater Alaskan Empire. Uhum.

No no no. what i have in mind is that all the Pacific colonys declare independence and form a Pacific Union. for the North american alliance, the syndie in mexico fall., maybe do to an event, like a coup or by a US backed coup. The US and coups have a history. then the US and Canada join forces and North american alliance is born.
No.

you don't think that the german kaiser, the austrian emperor or the russian tsar wouldn't masturbate after being called: His Imperial Majesty the EMPEROR of EUROPE,
or some syndicalist being called: The general secretary of europe wouldn't masturbate either...
I THINK YES

I think no. Like I said, they were nationalists, for the most part. Furthermore, ruling directly over a united Europe by force (and it would be, if it were headed by any of the above) would be a nightmare.

I'm sorry, but it's not going to happen. Kaiser Wilhelm II isn't all of a sudden going to become an all-knowing, enlightened being and seek to bring his enlightened rule to everyone. No, he's going to put his boot on people and tell 'em that if they don't like being German, well then that's just too damn bad.

I think no. Like I said, they were nationalists, for the most part. Furthermore, ruling directly over a united Europe by force (and it would be, if it were headed by any of the above) would be a nightmare.

I'm sorry, but it's not going to happen. Kaiser Wilhelm II isn't all of a sudden going to become an all-knowing, enlightened being and seek to bring his enlightened rule to everyone. No, he's going to put his boot on people and tell 'em that if they don't like being German, well then that's just too damn bad.

Yeah, ruling all of Europe directly is about as realistic as the Kaiser or the Tsar figuring out how to genetically engineer dragons for the sole purpose of being able to ride one. Puppeting European kingdoms with Hohenzollern nobles is a bit more feasible, I say.

Oh by the way, the events for the fates of Germany and France for Russia never fired. I think we need to develop a more reliable trigger for them.

246528_4010318105906_1519840577_33369262_357239274_n.jpg

your not even a little bit funny. it shows an huge lack of knowledge.

Thanks,

That worked to fix the unknown string wanted message, but upgrades don't work and it still crashes. I'll try it over again.
It's the text.csv file (Have some missing strings). Open the DHfull version of the file, copy everything under '## DH 1.02' and then add it to the one in KR (preferably at the end of it).
No idea of how none (else) have got his error.

And even now, some string will still be missing, but at least no crash-game ones.

For Pacific union, isn't there an option for Japan to ally PSA?
I also saw Japan dowing Long's USA after they declared on PSA.
(although I think that wasn't by event, but by belligerence)

it doesn' have to be Wilhelm II, it could be Wilhelm III or IV

it could be the pope
the hapsburg
the entente

and after all this is an alternate history mod...

That was an example. However, I could very easily see the same or similar response from the others you've mentioned.

And, yes, this is an alternate history mod. However, that doesn't mean anything under the sun can happen. None of the above are all of a sudden going to cast aside their national identity that essentially makes them who they are.

I'm not sure where to post this but I'm experiencing some trouble playing the Ottomans in Kaiserreich. The problem is that I'm suffering a positively MASSIVE lack of energy. Only a few days into the game my economy completely crashes. Trading with the AI doesn't seem to work because for some reason almost no-one wants to trade any energy, even if I offer them huge piles of resources in return. Sometimes Germany wants to trade up to, like, 3.5 energy or so but that's not going to do much. The only thing I can do is sometimes trade some blueprints for energy with some AI (e.g. Russia) to keep me afloat for a while longer, but that's not going to help in the long run.

I know the Ottoman economy isn't supposed to be awesome, but this is a very annoying way of not awesome :p...

What should I do?