• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How feasible is it for the Russians to rule Asia Minor? I annexed the Ottomans after they refused to give up their share of the Caucasus to me, and it fired an event in which I receive Istanbul as a national province, but not the rest of Turkey. I kinda get why the Russians would want Constantinople in their empire, as it's the capital of the Eastern Orthodox church. That's something for the next build of the event: Rename Istanbul Constantinople if a Christian nation with claims on it takes over.

The Russians would always have Istanbul as their top priority. It controls access to the Black Sea, and is a warm water port - something that the Russians have an absolute obsession with. Not to mention the aforementioned Orthodox symbolism is a boon too.

The Russians ruling over Asia minor... isn't very feasibly, in my opinion. Of course, they could try, but it's such a large area, while Russians and Turks have been bitter enemies for generations, which would make occupation literal hell. Not to mention Turkish nationalism which had grown very strongly IRL, and would definitely be just as strong in the Kaiserreich timeline - even if Ataturk and his fellows didn't cause a revolution.

I'd say up to a puppet is feasible. Direct occupation...? Not so much, especially when Kaiserreich Russia is completely screwed over already.

Huh, shows what Wikipedia knows. Bah!

Regardless, Kyril probably got on so easy because he was one of the first and loudest to make the claim in the 20s, and the British royalty was in exile in Canada, and they'd have to get their own house in order before they could consider buying a new one.

EDIT: Though that DOES give me the idea of including an option for one of the Windsors to be granted the Russian throne. It'd come at the penalty of being subservient to Edward VII and Canada, as well as a massive dissent hit from Slavic purists, though.

English Wiki might be taking sides or not being clear on the subject, I'm not sure and I'm too lazy to read the articles. The whole thing is a mess, what we basically have is a bunch of separate family branches with different views on situation. Russian wiki is surprisingly good though.

There are Kirillovichi, the family of Tsar Vladimir. Thing is, Kyril had no real legitimate claim to announce in the first place. His mother's religion doesn't fit the imperial law. He is eligible *only* in case there are no other proper successors.
Which existed (Romanovs back in 1920ies-1930ies) when he crowned himself emperor and were also pretenders. Kirill's children down the line broke a couple more rules from what I know and become even less eligible for throne.
Kirill-Vladimir-Maria are the heads of the imperial family basically because they decided to be so.
Kirillovichi are also somehow popular, which helps them to keep the status.

And then there is a Romanov Family Association which includes all the other Romanovs. They never really accepted Kirillovichi. This means Nicholas is accepted not as a successor of a Tsar Vladimir (who was not legitimate, as far as association concerned), but as an entirely separate head of Imperial family.
Now, the kicker here is - Nicholas isn't eligible for the throne either. There weren't any eligible Romanovs for a very long time.

The academic consensus is, at least in Russia, if you want to find a legitimate heir, you will have to dig deeper into the archives than those two families. Both broke plenty of succession laws. Without following the imperial laws there are a lot of candidates, some of which include the British royalty (Charles, I think, not sure). Or Stalin's children (Not even joking, we have monarcho-Stalinists, I find those guys hilarious)

Now, in Kaiserreich timeline we have:
Kirill. In game he is considered legitimate claimant for the throne and can be invited by a decision. (which lowers dissent, from what I remember)
His claim is still not valid though.
Dmitri Pavlovich. Now, Dmitri actually was the first in a legitimate line for the throne. Historically he screwed himself out of it in 1926 by marrying the normal American girl.
Assuming he didn't do the same thing in KR timeline (possible, since he is still in Russia and highly respected), out of two guys he is the more valid claimant. For some reason he is overshadowed by Kirill in events and him becoming the emperor causes some dissent.

Those two should really switch places or something.

It seems like I like talking about imperial family more than writing my thesis

Last edited:
Playing as Russia at some moment in time I've got an event, which allowed me to choose, whether I want to join Entente, Mitteleuropa or form an alliance with Japan, I've chosen the latter option, and in three years since nothing had happened. Is it WAD, should I wait for some events along that line?

P.S. Japan has already lost Sino-Japanese war, and was forced to retreat from Korea and Formoza.

Sorry for being repetitive, but I'd be grateful if someone can answer my question. Basically, should I continue playing for any further events, or am I at the very end of the event-rich timeline?

it would be nice if there was an european union(from spain to europan russia and from iceland to istanbul) event with several variants:
1. under the german kaiser (annexing puppet france, puppet great britain/england,wales,scotland and puppet mittleuropa and then going to war for the rest of europe);

2.under the austrian emperor(otto I was member of the international paneuropan union http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Paneuropean_Union);

3.under the pope(annexing the catholic league members and if germany accepts the catholic ideas in the event "bruning and the Christian Union - action B" and "germany and the italian federation - action B" the kaiser converts to catholicism, forces his non-catholic puppets to convert and gives mittleuropa to the pope ending the protestant reformation. then diplomacy/war with the orthodox to end the great schism(and bring europan russia in the union) or war with the ottomans to free jerusalem from the muslims);

4.under the syndacalists(not much to say here);

5.under the russian tsar(expansionst idea);

6.democratic european union with elections(thanx to the entente).
hope these ideas are appreciated.

Last edited:
Wow, the Russian succession controversy does run pretty darn deep. I wouldn't mind switching out Dmitri as the legitimate Tsar, but that would require him to have an heir he never had in our timeline, and it seems to be against the game's policy to use fictional or hypothetical people (save for the Easter Egg known as Liu Han, who happens to be one of my favorite Worldwar characters).

I wouldn't put it past an expansionist Tsarist Russia to try and hold the Turks down for the sake of having a connected empire. I'll just have to build plenty of garrisons to maintain indefinite occupation. That'd never fly with a democracy, but this is an absolute monarchy! Also, I'm surprised that Germany hasn't used my 300 belligerence to go to war with me. Then I remember that I:

1. Have 650 IC
2. Am allied with American Union State (which also has 650 or more IC)
3. We have numerous puppet states, some of which are regional powers, divided among us.

It's good to be Tsar!

It's good to be Tsar!
Haha its good to be a successful Czar, such as yourself. Otherwise those silly revolutionaries with their ideas of democracy and/or equality show up at the Winter Palace and start yelling about stuff. They can be rather loud.

Yes, that can get irritating after awhile. I just make sure to throw the rabble a bone (or a bowl of borscht) every once in awhile. I've noticed they tend to yell less then. Could that mean peasants like food as much as any noble in my court? This requires further investigation!

Yes, that can get irritating after awhile. I just make sure to throw the rabble a bone (or a bowl of borscht) every once in awhile. I've noticed they tend to yell less then. Could that mean peasants like food as much as any noble in my court? This requires further investigation!
That is a fascinating conjecture. I don't know myself. You should commission a empire-wide research program.

That is a fascinating conjecture. I don't know myself. You should commission a empire-wide research program.

Chorosho! Though I WILL have to raise taxes on the underprivileged again to pay for it. No matter, they will be so proud of me when I find out more about my little po-I mean Russians!

it would be nice if there was an european union(from spain to europan russia and from iceland to istanbul) event with several variants:
1. under the german kaiser (annexing puppet france, puppet great britain/england,wales,scotland and puppet mittleuropa and then going to war for the rest of europe);

2.under the austrian emperor(otto I was member of the international paneuropan union http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Paneuropean_Union);

3.under the pope(annexing the catholic league members and if germany accepts the catholic ideas in the event "bruning and the Christian Union - action B" and "germany and the italian federation - action B" the kaiser converts to catholicism, forces his non-catholic puppets to convert and gives mittleuropa to the pope ending the protestant reformation. then diplomacy/war with the orthodox to end the great schism(and bring europan russia in the union) or war with the ottomans to free jerusalem from the muslims);

4.under the syndacalists(not much to say here);

5.under the russian tsar(expansionst idea);

6.democratic european union with elections(thanx to the entente).
hope these ideas are appreciated.

A forced alliance of sorts would be good instead of a new country to represent a EU. Or it could be like some mods where the EU like body is an off-map country and the Euro nations would be allied to it. I just don't think a place as diverse as Europe would suddenly bunch together into one state. Trying to do that would probably cause another war from nationalists. Now if some Totalist took control or it might be different, they would probably just "great purge" everything. :p

To Timmy,

1. About the arab-Israeli thing, Wrong, the Peace treaty was imposed on the arabs (btw, the histroy you're talking about is USA recoreded history, they change alot of stuff u know, what im saying comes from the Arab League Official Archive, the Alexandria Grand Library (World Heritege site), and the Israeli Governemntal Archives), however Yes, the Egyptian Army could've been destroyed, as the Russians didn't send the 12 Billion $ worth of AK47s and MiG21s we ordered in 1972, and our Oil ran out, so did our ammo, THNX RUSSIA! :| but anyway,

2. Yes true, France is stronger in the short run, but in the long run, they lose, as Arabs aren't known for giving up, however, Lebanon would've stayed with the French, as Lebanon have always loved France, and French Culture,

3. WW2 with Kaiserreich would be AWESOME XD

To KaiserMuffin,

I'm sorry but there is no "credibility" anymore, the USA & NATO Archive is flawed, changed, and biased, so please, lets not argue, as it wouldn't end, my sources btw are the Alexandria Library, Israeli Governmental Archives & Arab League Archive

Oh god, can we all agree not to both start pointless arguments on Israel-Arab conflict and ignore people who start them for no reason?

Well, I was just pointing out that Algeria has a huge role in N. Africa & the Middle-East, jeez, I didn't think it would turn into an arguement over the Flawed USA Archive that has 300 million people sounding like retards to the rest of the world