• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey, I wanted to say I love the mod! It's terrific! Just to ask though, can you give any hints to when the 1.3 patch will be fully released? I tried the beta, and it seems to freeze up when I try and load a save. Thanks again for the mod though!

Hey, I wanted to say I love the mod! It's terrific! Just to ask though, can you give any hints to when the 1.3 patch will be fully released? I tried the beta, and it seems to freeze up when I try and load a save. Thanks again for the mod though!

When it freezes loading a save, try alt tabbing, and re-entering the game. I noticed with the 1.3 beta there are a load of issues with the new Chinese content, so I have to click "ignore", atleast twice to finish loading a save. It could be your problem too.

When it freezes loading a save, try alt tabbing, and re-entering the game. I noticed with the 1.3 beta there are a load of issues with the new Chinese content, so I have to click "ignore", atleast twice to finish loading a save. It could be your problem too.
Hmm, I've tried it, and I think I've discovered the problem. Instead of going back to the game, it shows the exact text 'Wrong government position for school of manoeuvre personality for Bundaiin Gunga (ID=94155) 'Mods/kaiserreich/scenarios/savegames/Insert Specific Save here.' Do you still want to continue?'

Then it doesn't let me click anything, forcing me to exit out. Any idea who the offending minister is, and what can be done to fix it?

Hmm, I've tried it, and I think I've discovered the problem. Instead of going back to the game, it shows the exact text 'Wrong government position for school of manoeuvre personality for Bundaiin Gunga (ID=94155) 'Mods/kaiserreich/scenarios/savegames/Insert Specific Save here.' Do you still want to continue?'

Then it doesn't let me click anything, forcing me to exit out. Any idea who the offending minister is, and what can be done to fix it?
Yup known issue, I hear its being fixed. Literally alt-tab out, then back in but click IGNORE, usually happens twice in my save games.

If you can't directly click on it, your arrow keys should be able to select the ignore option.

Yup known issue, I hear its being fixed. Literally alt-tab out, then back in but click IGNORE, usually happens twice in my save games.
Huh, now it won't even let me see that text. It just won't open when I click the Darkest Hour icon on the tool bar, forcing me to exit the game from the task manager. That sucks. :sad:

Ah well, I guess I'll just wait 'til the next update to save me the trouble. Thanks for helping both you and gemini. Also, are you one of the workers on the mod? Because if so, thanks for all the hard work and effort!

Huh, now it won't even let me see that text. It just won't open when I click the Darkest Hour icon on the tool bar, forcing me to exit the game from the task manager. That sucks. :sad:

Ah well, I guess I'll just wait 'til the next update to save me the trouble. Thanks for helping both you and gemini. Also, are you one of the workers on the mod? Because if so, thanks for all the hard work and effort!

Sorry to hear you couldn't get it working! Hopefully a new beta, or 1.4 finalized will come out soon.

You can only alt-tab back into the game, you can't click it from the taskbar, that's due to the game popping up an 'out-of-engine' message.

Hmm, I just don't understand why you can't switch back into it. Technically you should if the base game engine is installed right, can't be admin rights either. Something somewhere could be wrong with your installation.

I run W7 64bit and I can switch in and out of the game with next to no issues. I'm sorry I can't be definitive, W7 should have no issues with alt-tabbing with the game.

Hmm, I just don't understand why you can't switch back into it. Technically you should if the base game engine is installed right, can't be admin rights either. Something somewhere could be wrong with your installation.

I run W7 64bit and I can switch in and out of the game with next to no issues. I'm sorry I can't be definitive, W7 should have no issues with alt-tabbing with the game.
I'm not sure either. I was able to at least see the text before, but now, nein. You're probably right, my installation could be screwed up. I won't fuss over it though, I'll just wait 'til the 1.3 update is complete. Thanks again for the help though. Just to ask, when 1.3's done, will the post here will be updated along with the Kaiserreich forum post?

Hi. So I'm playing as Syndicalist America, and at start of 1939 I've beaten the AUS and occupied nearly all of the continental US. However, I'm still at war with USA (McArthur version) because they have VP's on Guam. I can't get to Guam because it's out of my naval invasion range and also they have an absolutely massive fleet based there. So my question is: what is the most convenient way to take Guam and end the war (cheating or otherwise). I'm assuming that having to take Guam from an absurd holdout Pacific Fleet is an oversight, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi. So I'm playing as Syndicalist America, and at start of 1939 I've beaten the AUS and occupied nearly all of the continental US. However, I'm still at war with USA (McArthur version) because they have VP's on Guam. I can't get to Guam because it's out of my naval invasion range and also they have an absolutely massive fleet based there. So my question is: what is the most convenient way to take Guam and end the war (cheating or otherwise). I'm assuming that having to take Guam from an absurd holdout Pacific Fleet is an oversight, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Switch to Japan, use the "acceptall" cheat to force the U.S. to give you Guam when you Demand it. Than, go back to playing as Syndicalist America and you should be able to annex them.

Or, conquer California and take Hawaii from the U.S., than use that as a launchpad to Guam if you feel like island-hopping.

You can try what T.J. Arnold said, or alternatively try this; enable acceptall, and make peace demanding every single one of their territories. This will give them back Washington or whatever, but it will be all they have. Wait out the peace treaty, conquer the capital, and annex them. I had to do similar as the CoF against Germany, as I conquered all of Mitteleuropa, and their main colonies, but the capital kept hopping between tiny worthless islands, and it wouldn't let me annex them.

You can try what T.J. Arnold said, or alternatively try this; enable acceptall, and make peace demanding every single one of their territories. This will give them back Washington or whatever, but it will be all they have. Wait out the peace treaty, conquer the capital, and annex them. I had to do similar as the CoF against Germany, as I conquered all of Mitteleuropa, and their main colonies, but the capital kept hopping between tiny worthless islands, and it wouldn't let me annex them.

The only bad thing about this method is that it will take an additional few years to completely annex the nation (albeit it only consisting of one province, but still...).

Thanks for all the tips. What I ended up doing was digging into my save file and manually giving control of Guam province to myself, but your ideas are a lot easier and better.

On another note, does anyone else find the naval doctrines prohibitively difficult to research? They're all like level 16-20 difficulty for fairly small bonuses (+5% positioning and such), so even though I'm now the world's largest industrial, naval, and technological power I am still about ten years behind on my naval doctrines.

Thanks for all the tips. What I ended up doing was digging into my save file and manually giving control of Guam province to myself, but your ideas are a lot easier and better.

On another note, does anyone else find the naval doctrines prohibitively difficult to research? They're all like level 16-20 difficulty for fairly small bonuses (+5% positioning and such), so even though I'm now the world's largest industrial, naval, and technological power I am still about ten years behind on my naval doctrines.

I hear ya, man. Though thanks to the easy to use txt files, that can be changed (though I can't say how that'll affect the balance of the game). The simple layout of programming allowed me to revert the naval IC cost and build time back to HOI2 values (because I can hardly say that an industrial power taking 5 years to build a carrier is accurate, since the US cranked them out annually during WW2).