• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will there be any reworking of the ACW? As it is now it tends to be the CSA taking most of the US, but PSA occupies enough to prevent annexation by either side, so the war goes on forever with no resolution.

The prevention of Annexation is due to the Panama Canal, which in earlier versions was taken by canada, but in the latest this event does not seem to appear. Otherwise, the ACW works beautifully.

Will there be any reworking of the ACW? As it is now it tends to be the CSA taking most of the US, but PSA occupies enough to prevent annexation by either side, so the war goes on forever with no resolution.

This has been fixed in the latest version.

So im playing as Russia, I take the autocrat leader and realized that the Soviet Russia was probably going to revolt soon. I also knew that all those pissant nation around me would probably attack me, so i did not redeploy my divisions from my borders.
The Russian Civil war happens, i attack SR. The war was proceeding swimmingly, then Transamer and the DK-union attacked me and took my border provinces INSTANTLEY before i could even move my troops!
So now all my troops that i set to protect my borders are redeploying back to Kazan...

So im playing as Russia, I take the autocrat leader and realized that the Soviet Russia was probably going to revolt soon. I also knew that all those pissant nation around me would probably attack me, so i did not redeploy my divisions from my borders.
The Russian Civil war happens, i attack SR. The war was proceeding swimmingly, then Transamer and the DK-union attacked me and took my border provinces INSTANTLEY before i could even move my troops!
So now all my troops that i set to protect my borders are redeploying back to Kazan...
It is a git isn't it?

Send them this image:
wrangelobey.png

The manpower cheat isn't working for me, all my 5000 manpower instantly dissapears 1 second after i enter it in.

I'm playing as mexico with the kesseriech for DH 1.2

Edit: okay this is happening with everything, i start a game and the manpower instantly drops to 1.0

Last edited:
The manpower cheat isn't working for me, all my 5000 manpower instantly dissapears 1 second after i enter it in.

I'm playing as mexico with the kesseriech for DH 1.2

Edit: okay this is happening with everything, i start a game and the manpower instantly drops to 1.0
It's happening with me too.

Are you using the 1.2 BETA of KR & Darkest Hour version 1.01.1? That's the combo I'm on and I'm told it screws the game up, something to do with the misc.csv I think.

^_AC_^ (from KR forums) said:
Now that I think about it, I'm quite sure that KR for DH 1.2 beta only works with DH 1.02beta. You're probably using DH 1.01 or 1.01.1

You can probably replace db\misc.txt and db\policy_effect.csv with the ones from DH 1.01

I would request more leaders for AUS, another land doctrine team (Patton has attributes for only half the techs), and perhaps Robert Oppenheimer or any other Nuclear Team.

I'm conquering the world under the beautiful peace of America and having a hard time because I need to have very large armies to prevent shortage of leaders. Nukes would be a big bonus.

Also, have AUS use USA's unit icons names.

I'm currently in a game with the Combined Syndicates of America. Its almost 1946 and I'm at war with the Entente. I've already annexed Canada and have turned my attention southward to the Caribbean Federation. I took all of Cuba and released a puppet. Havana was the only victory point province the CF owns, but it will not allow me the option to annex via the diplomacy screen.

Do I need to take all of the CF's holdings? Its no biggie I'm just wondering if I'm missing a province, and yes I seen the provinces they have in South America, but no victory points according to my game. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

After german annexation of Commune of France, you get like 50 belligerance. Now if you choose to create a french puppet(s), it decreases. Same thing should happen when you cede these lands to Nationalist France, which can be considered as a rightful government. They don't even get the puppet status. This move should be sonsidered as very non-belligerant. That event option should have an effect like "-40 belligerance" or so, cuz the game treats this move as ceding the territories, not releasing them...

After german annexation of Commune of France, you get like 50 belligerance. Now if you choose to create a french puppet(s), it decreases. Same thing should happen when you cede these lands to Nationalist France, which can be considered as a rightful government. They don't even get the puppet status. This move should be sonsidered as very non-belligerant. That event option should have an effect like "-40 belligerance" or so, cuz the game treats this move as ceding the territories, not releasing them...
While it is very 'rightful' war is still a war, people aren't going to too quickly forget that Germany invaded a nation, the British nor the Italians wouldn't let people forget too quickly, hence the still high belligerence.

Nope. That is not correct. In that timeline it's France who's considered an agressor. And the whole "Alsace or war" event is a french ultimatum, resulting in french DOW against more-or-less democratic Germany. Now if Germany wins, it can release France as a puppet (-belligerance), some smaller puppets (-belligerance) or give the lands to the "rightful owner". Not claiming anything. It's just the matter of the game mechaniscs. When you release a nation (manually or via event) your belligerance dcreases. But in the case of transfering the lands to National France (not even a puppet!) the event just cede these teritories. And you're left with the belligerance you got for annexing the lands you've just given away!

Does the Danubian Federation have a description and flavor events yet? At least Austria's flavor events could be imported...

Can anybody tell me what areas Sternberg can get as cores for his Golden Horde? I know he can claim Parts of Xian, the Border to Fengtian and Quing and most of Sibiria. Are there further terretories he can get as cores? In Central Asia for examplo or even more land in China?

Nope. That is not correct. In that timeline it's France who's considered an agressor. And the whole "Alsace or war" event is a french ultimatum, resulting in french DOW against more-or-less democratic Germany. Now if Germany wins, it can release France as a puppet (-belligerance), some smaller puppets (-belligerance) or give the lands to the "rightful owner". Not claiming anything. It's just the matter of the game mechaniscs. When you release a nation (manually or via event) your belligerance dcreases. But in the case of transfering the lands to National France (not even a puppet!) the event just cede these teritories. And you're left with the belligerance you got for annexing the lands you've just given away!
Germany a democracy? You may wish to re-read the Germany description, the Kaiser still pulls all the strings, Democracy is just a ruse for the public to look away from the actual autocracy they live in.

The territory of Alsace-Lorraine is a French land, even the populace in said area would prefer to be under French rule, refusing to hand over sovereign soil is a belligerent act, although it is less belligerent to hand over the remnants of the Commune back over to the Third Republic that is true. Though it could be seen as a strategic attack against the Entente, or at least the remnants.

If you hate the belligerence that much, install the cheats I modified up, link in my signature.