• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But that takes all the fun out of it.

That's because the ACW is supposed to happen 100% of the time and because of that the event is not linked to dissent. The Long thing is an exploit, every dev knows about it but leaves it in if the player really wants to avoid the civil war.

Oh, I thought it was there on purpose. That explains all the plot holes that occur after doing it!
Such as mentioning the civil war when it never happened and stuff. Also the lack of follow-up events. Hmm.

I don't know if there is elections for the post exploit, but I guess a chain dedicated to a exploit is a bit underhanded since the player has taken it upon themselves to game the system.

No, it just assumes you're stuck in the civil war permanently, which means no fun events at all and no flavor events for the AUS or USA aside from the golden gate bridge...
which is why you shouldn't do it if you want to be powerful because it also means no IC bonuses from winning the war, no added unity, no fun, no war.
Or LiamRiordan can reply first with a shorter post and beat me ):

A question concerning Italian Federation: What event options I should take to strenghten Italy as quickly as possible? Which Kardinal?

Julius V (IIRC)
And choose politics over faith! ^^

BTW: An annoying bug playing as China after Fadin Sun (Korea is my Puppet!) If the Soviet Union beats Japan in the war for Transamur I loose my Korean puppet and Korea becomes a puppet of Soviet Union!

You should change this line in soviet foreign policy.txt:
command = { trigger = { NOT = { puppet = { country = KOR country = CSX } } } type = trigger which = 889072 }

EDIT... Doesn't work. So I am forced to change it in savegame file.

EDIT2... It works. I fotgot that Qing Empire use the tag CSX instead of CHI.

Last edited:
I don't know if this has come up before, but Kingdom of Spain has a 50% chance of giving it's territory to CoF at the begining of the game if the French player demands it. After you acquire it you can choose via the what to do with spain event to free CNT-FAI and decrease your dissent, the French Player keeps Gibraltar, wich is understandable as it is mentioned in the choice description, however the problem is that I also kept Madrid and CNT-FAI didn't even get a core on it. version 1.3

That's because the AI doesn't know that it shouldn't give territory to France. To be fair, the only time it would happen is if the player feels like being really gamey, so it's not exactly a high priority fix.

That's because the AI doesn't know that it shouldn't give territory to France. To be fair, the only time it would happen is if the player feels like being really gamey, so it's not exactly a high priority fix.

Well one thing the should be high priority is give CNT-FAI a core on Madrid. I saw France conquer KoS, then release CNT-FAI but keep Madrid! :blink:

I have another thing that needs a little work. I was playing AUS and Canada decided to DoW CSA, conquering them while I had to face USA alone (the PSA had rejoined them :wacko: ). After the civil war, Canada thus owned a bunch of former CSA territory and decided to set them free, as (puppet) USA! So there I was facing another incarnation of my mortal enemy, right after I'd annexed them! There seems to be no event to demand them back or something so I had to DoW them manually (I even had to move to autocratic; but that was just as well since some event killed ALL my militia, forcing me to basically rebuild 90% of my army!), gobbling up Canada in the process. I think this is a little strange - there should be a 'demand USA back' event and Canada should be able to choose to peacefully cede that former USA territory to whoever won the 2nd civil war. They peacefully gave me back Alaska, but I had to kill the poor buggers anyway since I wanted to re-unite the former lands of the USA.

2hq5jpc.jpg

Any suggestion in this situation? I'm playing with Romania..I declared war upon Hungary, and Bulgaria have joined against me after some days...germans helped me..but soon ww2 will start, and Romanian Civil War too.....My only Victory Point is in Cluj, where is my 70% of the army. Rest of the army is in Belgrad.
I controll greek army, btw..And I'm very cloose to win in Thesalonika.

*I conqured Transylvania in Austria-Hungary civil war...

Um...does the AUS get any new leaders or are they stuck with 25-30?

Yeah that was a problem I had too. Forgot to mention that one.

Feel free to suggest new leaders for the AUS. :)

Well maybe there should be an event at the end of the civil war for part of the USA, PSA and CSA generals & admirals to become AUS generals & admirals. Same of course for the case one of the other factions win (part of the AUS generals should then go to the winning faction). This also happened in the 1st civil war so it's not so strange.