• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In my games it seems like there is a balance of who wins the ACW. I have seen CSA take it, I have seen PSA rejoin the USA when it was almost dead and come back to win, I have seen the States split between the AUS and PSA. But the weirdiest is my current game as Japan. At some point Canada declared war on the USA/PSA alliance and Canada now has almost all of the west coast and Texas. With the CSA and AUS still pounding away at each other. I was actually wondering if this was a mistake as I have never seen it happen before. But either way, GO CANADA!

For question number one, you don't get mobilization decisions, you just gain manpower naturally, like in the original Hoi2/DD/Arma

Interesting. I too have never seen anyone but the CSA win in the three or four games I've played where I was hands off in the ACW.

There is a hotfix

BTW Can you please do a "lite" version of KR 1.1 (When I meant by lite I meant by the vanilla techtree) So I can play with the SKIFs?

Hi. I have a problem with my save games? Yesterday I played as Union of Britain and in my game, Commune of France were defeated by Germany, while my forces were engaged in Africa and Canada. So in 1943 I have launched an operation "Red Overlord" (a combined offensive in France and Italy). So I annexed Kindom of France and Italian Federation in the begging of 1944 and saved my game. Today I decide to contiue my game but when I load my save game, my game crashed. What can be cause of such problem?

Hi. I have a problem with my save games? Yesterday I played as Union of Britain and in my game, Commune of France were defeated by Germany, while my forces were engaged in Africa and Canada. So in 1943 I have launched an operation "Red Overlord" (a combined offensive in France and Italy). So I annexed Kindom of France and Italian Federation in the begging of 1944 and saved my game. Today I decide to contiue my game but when I load my save game, my game crashed. What can be cause of such problem?

I myself have found that Darkest Hour can sometimes inexplicably crash. If you try again and it works fine, then that's probably the issue. If not, then I have no idea.

Bismarck: Thanks!

Quick question..

Do you have scandinavia included in this mod?
And is it possible to play as scandinavia from the start ?

If not, will you consider implementing it sometime?

In my current game the ACW is stalled. California and the CSA control the states, but are at peace. The USA aren't beaten though, because they control the panama channel. There hasn't been any progress since 5 years now... I looked through the event files and found the event for Canada to seize it, but it doesn't trigger, not even manually. Is there a possibility to end this war or will it be a neverending one?

In my current game the ACW is stalled. California and the CSA control the states, but are at peace. The USA aren't beaten though, because they control the panama channel. There hasn't been any progress since 5 years now... I looked through the event files and found the event for Canada to seize it, but it doesn't trigger, not even manually. Is there a possibility to end this war or will it be a neverending one?
Is this is 1.0, or 1.1 or even its BETA's?

Downloaded the new version a couple days ago, decided to give the Soviet Union a playthrough via a new Russian civil war. The AUS won the US civil war, New England was never released by Canada, the Carlists won in Spain. The Indian syndicalists eventually defeated the Princely Federation, but Dehli did nothing. The Ottoman Empire went to war with Egypt and Arabia, but no war in the Balkans.

A few odd things happened in Austria-Hungary. Hungary went to war with Austria over the federalism events. Poland turned down Austria's offer for Galicia, but accepted Hungary's offer for Galicia. Romania attacked them both, annexed Poland, but seems to have lost to Hungary, which puppeted the newly-expanded Romania.

As for the Soviet Union, a couple comments: Russia and Soviet Union share quite a few leaders, resulting in rather odd instances like Zhukov vs Zhukov. Also, the Soviet Union starts with absolutely no warship or naval doctrine techs.