• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok I just had a weird bug where the American civil war events fired for the second time, though nothing really happened besides the USA declaring war to the PSA

Build times really need to be fixed

Besides that, itd be nice if old kaiserreich sounds, tech tree, and graphics could be brought back

Sounds? As in music? We have a few musicpack. Graphics? Which are you talking about?

sounds as in when i select units. they last WAY too long and are rather annoying

graphics as in the old pictures when units are in a corps (picture of a guy with 1939 below him for example)

How do I use Nukes in this game? I thought there was a nuke mission but I can't find it. I'm researching hydrogen bomb right now, I have 4 nukes and my plant is lvl 9. I planned to deliver it with ballistic missiles or strategic bombers. Do I need something else?

EDIT: I'm playing as the AUS. They seriously need more leaders by the way, 2/3 of my army doesn't have a leader.

EDIT NR 2: I figured it out, the AUS still needs more leaders though.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the Commune win against Germany? I must've played a dozen games of Kaiserreich and France always falls in 2-7 months.
In my experience 50% time it's a stalemate broken only by my intervention and 50% German victory.
I've never, ever seen Commune victory. I don't even have no idea what happens then.

I have an issue. In my Ottoman game I always had the conditions for the Belgrade pact (none of the possible members is at war or a puppet, nor is the Romanian civil war occuring) yet the event never fired and I already passed the death date of the event. What gives? I was looking forward to face the Belgrade pact

Build times really need to be fixed
We're using DH's new default build times. But since more than a few people have complained about this, the issue of returning to the old Arma build times has been raised on our forums already... Maybe we'll change, maybe not. :)

Besides that, itd be nice if old kaiserreich sounds, tech tree, and graphics could be brought back
Those you're mentioning are Arma's standard unit pics. It's not a work of our team. There's someone here on the Paradox forums converting them to DH, however.

Has anyone seen the Commune win against Germany? I must've played a dozen games of Kaiserreich and France always falls in 2-7 months.
Germany usually have a 80% chance of winning, as far as I've noticed. If the Soviets win the Russian Civil War and then join the Internationale, however, Germany's chance of survival is near-zero. :)

I've never, ever seen Commune victory. I don't even have no idea what happens then.
Partition of Germany into Prussia, Bavaria, North German Federation and the Rhenish Republic, or creation of the German Union.

Yeah 2 issues here. First of all, Commune vs Germany needs to be a bit more balanced, I would like to see some more chance of Commune winning or at least having a stalemate for a year or 2 (and then an Armistice like between the Koreas at the moment). Furthermore, I encounter something quite irritating. When after the fall of France, I play as UoB and happen to be the alliance leader...after a while the event fires that gives the Peace with Honour. However I still remain at war with puppets of Germany (like Flanders-Wallonia...Lithuania etc.), so I could invade and annex these nations without feeling the wrath of Germany...this should be fixed I guess...

For the rest, the mod gets really improved with every new version, keep up the good work :)

Tim

personally i think the commune should be the "default winners", as in they beat germany more often than not, at least in the franco-german war. i think germany needs a bigger hit from the depression

update: im slowly losing in the franco-german war. france is way too weak. im no expert but hardly a bad player. germany has 150 divisions to my 78 (manpower issues)

Last edited:
Germany usually have a 80% chance of winning, as far as I've noticed. If the Soviets win the Russian Civil War and then join the Internationale, however, Germany's chance of survival is near-zero. :)

I've also never seen the Soviets win the Civil War. They always spring to life and either get annexed by event a week later (The PSA has the same problem; why make these countries if the events make them disapear with no fight?) or fall to White arms

update: im slowly losing in the franco-german war. france is way too weak. im no expert but hardly a bad player. germany has 150 divisions to my 78 (manpower issues)

That is what I believe the Commune's main problem is. I had an Danubian Federation game and I declared war on France in a seperate war from Germany. I made some amphibious landing near Marsailee and the units there were all at 30-55% strength. A quick load up as France showed they were down to practically no manpower and a good third of their armies were at least 20% understrength. The best part was that this was only 3 months into the war.

the problem is the mod was made for arma but its using DH build times, costs, mechanics, ect

in my soviet game, im barely winning, 2 years later, despite choosing that the soviets are an armed state and siberia being at war with russia

idea for improving mod: more manpower for france and about 15 more infantry divisions at start. additional divisions for all revolters. bigger hit economically to germany, along with less divisions for germany. bring back arma build times and maybe add...25% or so. adjust costs of course (although that only applies to ships i think-the costs). as for the combat mechanic...i personally dont like it as it highly stresses numbers over quality but i cant suggest an alternative.

more of a rant but the sounds for DH full, especially click on options and ships, are way too long and annoying

update: finland claimed karelia but not lapland. i cant end the russian civil war

Last edited:
Actually, I had the reverse happen. The Commune of France was losing quite badly..but then came back and utterly crushed Germany. The German government fled to Africa, and the Commune steamrolled all their puppets and allies. No complaints for me though, as Qing China, I was able to claim their holdings in Asia after they lost.

Anyways, great mod and everything like that. I'd play it way more if my computer was better.

I'm getting a ton of UNKNOWN STRING WANTED 2 decision events as the USA...any fix for this?

csa and aus are also massively underpowered. i reccomend an additional 5 infantry divisions and 5 militia each, along with nerfs to the usa

korea and formosa also never succeed in revolting, even going back to arma days.

Last edited:
i defeated germany two times. one game was with uob and the other was with commune. with the commune i needed 15 month to win the war with uob 3 years. the victory with the commune was easy. you have to do two things to win with them. start the war as soon as possible and more important take the blitzkrieg doctrine (or whatever it is called). that gives you the moral boost you need to break through the german lines.

Ps: yeah the mod is better now. some things still need improvement.
- its not a world war. its an euopean war and several civil wars. yeah i know due to the fact that there are no colonial empires its hard to create a world war.
- the post war period. i always end my games at a certain point (victory as uob, france or germany; united china and so on)

keep up the good work