• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Would just like to ask. When Germany demands from Russia the Ukraine, Austria usually gets a smallish portion of it in the west near Galicia. Now, my question is this. When the central powers loose WW1, how does that part of Ukraine return to the Soviet Union? Have already had the Treaty of Versailles trigger, but nothing has happened. Austria-Hungary still owns that little bit.

It collapsed and Austria is what remains along with the western part of Ukraine.

These are the provinces left = Zhitomir, Kamenets-Podolsky, Proskurov, Vinnitsa

Just wondering after Austria-Hungary's collapse why these provinces are still with Austria and have not been given back to Russia?

Last edited:
I'm a bit underwhelmed with the native resource production of some countries, in particular Italy. I remember the devs saying that was actually based on historical research and is supposed to be a good representation of reality.

Do you have sources for the numbers?
Are there iterations on this to be expected?

Hi
I want more tech teams in the 1914 scenario as Germany. I did some changes on the misc.text as you recommend

# Max active tech teams at a time (cannot be more then 50). Note: New Technology page layout will be auto-set for values above 5!
12 #5
# Min active tech teams at a time (available teams regardles of current IC)
1 #1
# Required IC for each tech team above the min
20 #20

But I do not get more techteams also I reached 0/169/203 IC. If it is right that I need 20 IC for each tech team I should have 8 or minimum 7, but still have 5. What else must be changed?

Last edited:
So what is the process for restoring the French to France?

As the US I control all of France and some of Germany. The Free French got an event called the Liberation of France, at which point they were promptly annexed/turned into regular France governed by Petain, and I now had the option to liberate Free France, but not regular France, in French territory. In addition I didn't see anything about the UK potentially giving back the French African colonies, so I'm not sure if that can happen either.

So what is the process for restoring the French to France?

As the US I control all of France and some of Germany. The Free French got an event called the Liberation of France, at which point they were promptly annexed/turned into regular France governed by Petain, and I now had the option to liberate Free France, but not regular France, in French territory. In addition I didn't see anything about the UK potentially giving back the French African colonies, so I'm not sure if that can happen either.
I think France is allied with you and you can give them their provinces via negotiations. The AI does it automatically.

Even when I do what the FAQ thread says the "treaty of Munich" event never fires, I have a division in each province surrounding Czecheslovakia and still nothing, anschloss event fired in 1937 and this is August 1938

Does the AI have unlimited range on their planes?

EDIT: Nvm, found out it was naval bombers with long range that attacked my ships outside Iceland.

Last edited: