• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So I started getting annoyed having to click to pause and I found how to add the shortcut to the spacebar but since doing so now I can no longer use the spacebar in unit renaming. Is there any way around this? Its becoming really tedious. Thanks

Might be the wrong board, but I can't seem to find the one for HoI2.

When a minister gives a bonus, say

command = { type = extra which = sp_artillery when = attack value = 0.0500 }
Is that bonus to the soft, hard and air attack values of the SPA brigade, or does it simply give an all purpose attack modifier to the division it's attached to?

So I started getting annoyed having to click to pause and I found how to add the shortcut to the spacebar but since doing so now I can no longer use the spacebar in unit renaming. Is there any way around this? Its becoming really tedious. Thanks
If you have a pause button on your keyboard you can use that.

This seems the closest thing to a Quick questions thread so here I go: does the wargames decision improve naval and air leaders too?

This seems the closest thing to a Quick questions thread
No, I would rather see a new thread honestly.
does the wargames decision improve naval and air leaders too?
From what I remember there is no distinction between land, air and naval leaders in that event, so all 3 could be improved.

Hello,

I annexed Norway, Finland and Denmark as Sweden by starting in 1914, now it is 1921. I want to form Scandinavia because it has cores on all these countries. I can liberate Scandinavia as puppet but I can't form it. I expected a decision when I annex all these lands but didn't happen. Is there a way to switch Scandinavia as Sweden by using console commands?

playing as germany from 1914 scenario, and I have got an event saying armistice with france. All it did is peace me out and give all my occupied land back to france. also I'm still at war with the entente powers.Does this armistice event lead to anything else, any more concessions? Or should I conduct a peace before the event triggers

Are there anymore armistice events playing as germany from the 1914 start date? I've peaced out with france but Im still at war with russia, japan, the UK, and the commonwealth.

What can I do to be accepted into the Comintern? Besides increasing relations with USSR. Will being Stalinist help? Leninist? LWR?

Should I go out of my way to develop capital ships as a mid-IC minor, or just stick to CA and DD?

If a paratroop attack fails, does the unit get wiped out? What happens if it reaches 0 org while the battle is carried on by other troops?

And could someone give me the gist of unit vulnerability?

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what is the point with cross-branch tactical experience and spec-branch tactical experience doctrines? They give a lot of negative modifiers and are not needed to unlock further doctrines. Why I would even waste time to reserch them insted leaving them alone? More over they are handicaping AI, which always go after them.

playing dh germany lots of units and stuff when is the best time to upgrade unit to currect tech research? would it be better upgrading before war against poland? or during the war with poland?

Can someone tell me what is the point with cross-branch tactical experience and spec-branch tactical experience doctrines? They give a lot of negative modifiers and are not needed to unlock further doctrines. Why I would even waste time to reserch them insted leaving them alone? More over they are handicaping AI, which always go after them.

That problem would be fixed in the next patch.

After downloading and installing DH from Amazon, I received a code which would not allow me to register the game with Paradox. After submitting a support ticket, I was guided to Steam where I registered the game to get another code which allowed me to register here at Paradox.

It may be helpful to future customers if this info was added to the "Where to buy DH" and "FAQ" threads.