• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I dont think 'globaldata' appears anywhere in the savegame file. At least no where near the start.
Search better. I just opened a savegame and at line 89 (it's not always line 89, but near it) there is:
globaldata = {
startdate = {
year = 1937
month = may
day = 0
hour = 0
}
enddate = {
year = 1964
month = january
day = 1
hour = 0
}

I'm playing as Italy in 1914 scenario and it's 1919.
- The Germans had win against Russia (and also against the USSR).
- Italy (me) have conquered Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia and I'm fighting against a lot of German and Austro-hungarian divisions.
The problem is that UK isn't in war (so, they aren't allied with me and France) and also the Germans didn't attack Belgium (they don't fight anything with the French).
There is some way to make that the UK (and his puppets) enter the war?

Thanks!!

German historically had different warplans, so the AI simply chose a different warplan and didn't invade Belgium.
The only way is to load as UK and declare war or declare war on UK yourself.

Ok, thanks for the answer!! ^^

Besides, I watched a couple of gameplays, it looks similiar to the HoI2, am I somehow correct?
Yes, because Darkest Hour uses the same engine of HOI2 (while HOI3 is built on a completely different engine).
What are mainly diffrences beetwen this game and HoI3?
I suggest opening a thread in the main forum to ask DH players about this. Or try looking in other topics, I think it's already been answered a couple of times.

EDIT: for example here http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?606197-Darkest-Hour-and-HoI-III

Last edited:
If the player mobilises, then conquers territory with lots of manpower, then demobilises, will the manpowerpool decrease more than if he had demobilised without conquering the territory?

Hi, whats Trickleback modifier? what does it do?
That's the proportion of manpower you get back when your troops start dying. I'm not sure what it starts off as.

Hi,

I'm playing as Germany and the moment that Denmark surrenders to me (Kolding event), the game freezes. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? I'm playing DH Lite (if that matters).

Last edited:
I'm playing the USSR and it's now mid 1942, and Hitler still hasn't launched Barbarossa. I've annexed all the Baltic states, made a slightly eaten Finland my puppet, taken Bessarabia, and done pretty much everything else historically.

Is Hitler likely to attack me at some point soonish (Before it's no longer a challenge), or should I just attack him myself when Spring 43 comes around?