+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Frequently Asked Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Engage8 View Post
    I dont think 'globaldata' appears anywhere in the savegame file. At least no where near the start.
    Search better. I just opened a savegame and at line 89 (it's not always line 89, but near it) there is:
    globaldata = {
    startdate = {
    year = 1937
    month = may
    day = 0
    hour = 0
    }
    enddate = {
    year = 1964
    month = january
    day = 1
    hour = 0
    }

And there it is. And it worked! Thanks a lot!

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest Hour

I'm playing as Italy in 1914 scenario and it's 1919.
    - The Germans had win against Russia (and also against the USSR).
    - Italy (me) have conquered Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia and I'm fighting against a lot of German and Austro-hungarian divisions.
    The problem is that UK isn't in war (so, they aren't allied with me and France) and also the Germans didn't attack Belgium (they don't fight anything with the French).
    There is some way to make that the UK (and his puppets) enter the war?

Thanks!!
    "Via barons, en nom de Du, qu els temeu?" - Jaume I el Conqueridor

"I have conquered an empire for Italy and Mussolini has thrown it away." - Pietro Badoglio.

"Nobody respects a country with a poor army, but everybody respects a country with a good army. I raise my toast to the Finnish Army." - Josef Stalin, 1948.

German historically had different warplans, so the AI simply chose a different warplan and didn't invade Belgium.
    The only way is to load as UK and declare war or declare war on UK yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ^_AC_^ View Post
    German historically had different warplans, so the AI simply chose a different warplan and didn't invade Belgium.
    The only way is to load as UK and declare war or declare war on UK yourself.
    Ok, thanks for the answer!! ^^

"I have conquered an empire for Italy and Mussolini has thrown it away." - Pietro Badoglio.

"Nobody respects a country with a poor army, but everybody respects a country with a good army. I raise my toast to the Finnish Army." - Josef Stalin, 1948.

Playing as Italy, there is some event to replace Mussolini by Badoglio?
    Thanks

IIRC, ENG brigades gave its river-crossing boni to the entire corps from AoD/Arma; does this still apply the same way in DH?

Sergeant
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

What are mainly diffrences beetwen this game and HoI3?
    Besides, I watched a couple of gameplays, it looks similiar to the HoI2, am I somehow correct?

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherM View Post
    Besides, I watched a couple of gameplays, it looks similiar to the HoI2, am I somehow correct?
    Yes, because Darkest Hour uses the same engine of HOI2 (while HOI3 is built on a completely different engine).
    What are mainly diffrences beetwen this game and HoI3?
    I suggest opening a thread in the main forum to ask DH players about this. Or try looking in other topics, I think it's already been answered a couple of times.

EDIT: for example here http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ur-and-HoI-III
    Last edited by ^_AC_^; 30-05-2012 at 09:52.

I heard its possible to rebind buttons, I'd really like to make my spacebar pause the game. How do I do that if possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmdr. Shepard View Post
    I heard its possible to rebind buttons, I'd really like to make my spacebar pause the game. How do I do that if possible?
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post13181313

If the player mobilises, then conquers territory with lots of manpower, then demobilises, will the manpowerpool decrease more than if he had demobilised without conquering the territory?

Hi, whats Trickleback modifier? what does it do?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmdr. Shepard View Post
    Hi, whats Trickleback modifier? what does it do?
    That's the proportion of manpower you get back when your troops start dying. I'm not sure what it starts off as.

Hi,

I'm playing as Germany and the moment that Denmark surrenders to me (Kolding event), the game freezes. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? I'm playing DH Lite (if that matters).
    Last edited by thefusilier; 24-06-2012 at 06:05.

Please register your game and open a new thread in the Bug Report or Tech Support section. We'll probably need a savegame.

My Current Version is apparently "?.?.?" in the DH Launcher. Is that ok?

I suppose there were problems with the installation, but it's not really important. You can check it by loading the game, the vesion appears in the top right corner of the menu (together with the checksum) once game is loaded.

Better than Royalty (ABB) DoomBunny's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

I'm playing the USSR and it's now mid 1942, and Hitler still hasn't launched Barbarossa. I've annexed all the Baltic states, made a slightly eaten Finland my puppet, taken Bessarabia, and done pretty much everything else historically.

Is Hitler likely to attack me at some point soonish (Before it's no longer a challenge), or should I just attack him myself when Spring 43 comes around?
    "Petrarch was right" - Petrarch||||"Petrarch is actually right" - LYNCHY||||"Petrarch was banned" - Robotic Maniac

"Tiger powder-induced eastern shenanigans" - Finnish Lord||||"I really enjoyed the Gulag" - Blade!||||"So sexy" - Franconian on violent insanity||||"The soft-pr0n ... I like it for the atmosphere it creates and the sheer spectacle of the thing" - Tufto||||"Swans are as dangerous as wolves. Got it." - Some fat racist German bloke in cheekless leiderhosen panties||||"I pooped myself. And then I did it again." - Yakman||||"Glory to the Confederate clan!" - Robotic Maniac

"I have hot cousins"||||"I once jokingly *CENSORED FOR FORUM* all my friends in the PE changing room"||||"I would lick GAZPROM drilled oil off of his shiny nipples" - Shynka, on incest, sport, and Vladimir Putin

<Doom> Sent Shynka some pics of my ass.||||<mathrim-afk> Looks great

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast