• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From what I understand Steam usually has a backlog or delay of games. They're large, but ponderous. It can take weeks sometimes depending on the developer's providing of the game assets.

gamersgate is not steam. u cannot even compare it. i bought games there but not that much.

and then again i play with all my friends, seeing them playing games and so on.

i bought all paradox games via steam and i will not break this now so please get it available in steam.

Thank you

I have always had major problems with every Gamersgate download. This time I keep getting corrupted downloads from them. This time the message is "The source file is corrupted" and it always dies on the file \map\Map_1\lightmap1.tbl.

Steam never has these problems.

to be fair i never had problems using gamersgate. always full speed downloads and of course resumeable! :)

hope they will add this great game into steam and i think its only a matter of time. cheers

I only started using Steam when i got ETW because i had to, since then i thought Steam was amazing but after the taking a month to release Divine Wind, i've been growing apart from Steam.
I would have already preordered this from Gamersgate but there's an issue with my card, the Visa verification thing keeps saying there's an error when i enter my correct details, so i can't buy anything at all online.

I'm going to have to go into the bank to sort things out and it might take a few days... FRUSTRATING! i want this game now, DAMN YOU VISA AND YOUR OVERLY TIGHT SECURITY MEASURES WHICH PEOPLE STILL MANAGE TO GET AROUND!

I had the same issue with Gamersgate, my Bank did not like their Visa verification at all and tried to cancel my card.

Has not been much fun to sort out. So am now waiting for Impulse to release the game instead!

I had the same issue with Gamersgate, my Bank did not like their Visa verification at all and tried to cancel my card.

Has not been much fun to sort out. So am now waiting for Impulse to release the game instead!

Well it wasn't just Gamersgate for me, play.com has done it aswell... so i'm guessing my card has been blocked, i wouldn't mind if it could all be sorted out by e-mail and passwords etc but it looks like i'm going to have to go in, which considering i'm spending most of this week studying for my history degree... i don't have the time to do it.

Yeah, I used to buy all my direct-download (DD) games exclusively on Steam too.

But now that the DD model is becoming more mainstream (and my taste in games is become less and less mainstream), I'm buying more games from other DD sellers simply because Steam can't be everything to everyone all the time. There will always be times when a game is full price on steam, yet on sale somewhere else. Or steam doesn't even offer it.

Steam: best for the big budget mainstream games, and maybe learning about the cream of the crop award-winning indie games.
GamersGate: best for paradox games, and maybe learning about less mainstream "acquired taste" games.

And I'm finding that both have pretty good deals every now and then.