+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steam and DH

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi

Centreville, Virginia, United States, 109216849096476, Centreville, Virginia

Steam and DH

Will DH be available via Steam? Is so when? And if not, why not?

Darkest Hour Game Designer Fernando Torres's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    We don't know but will let you know if there is any news on this topic.

From what I understand Steam usually has a backlog or delay of games. They're large, but ponderous. It can take weeks sometimes depending on the developer's providing of the game assets.

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Was looking forward to buy it today on Steam too.

same here
    Relax, .. it's just an update for the patch to fix the nerf that nerfed the fix for the update of the patch that broke the fix that was fixed on the previous nerf they called an update...

Darkest Hour Game Designer Fernando Torres's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    I recommend using GamersGate, it works like a charm.

gamersgate is not steam. u cannot even compare it. i bought games there but not that much.

and then again i play with all my friends, seeing them playing games and so on.

i bought all paradox games via steam and i will not break this now so please get it available in steam.

Thank you
    Relax, .. it's just an update for the patch to fix the nerf that nerfed the fix for the update of the patch that broke the fix that was fixed on the previous nerf they called an update...

There's nothing the developers can do, but I guess that if you send requests to Steam asking when Darkest Hour will be available that may help.
    Please be aware that this is just a guess as I'm not involved in the procedure at all.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron IIIIron Cross

I have always had major problems with every Gamersgate download. This time I keep getting corrupted downloads from them. This time the message is "The source file is corrupted" and it always dies on the file \map\Map_1\lightmap1.tbl.

Steam never has these problems.

to be fair i never had problems using gamersgate. always full speed downloads and of course resumeable!

hope they will add this great game into steam and i think its only a matter of time. cheers

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Great Britain.
    I only started using Steam when i got ETW because i had to, since then i thought Steam was amazing but after the taking a month to release Divine Wind, i've been growing apart from Steam.
    I would have already preordered this from Gamersgate but there's an issue with my card, the Visa verification thing keeps saying there's an error when i enter my correct details, so i can't buy anything at all online.

I'm going to have to go into the bank to sort things out and it might take a few days... FRUSTRATING! i want this game now, DAMN YOU VISA AND YOUR OVERLY TIGHT SECURITY MEASURES WHICH PEOPLE STILL MANAGE TO GET AROUND!
    Irishman in Yorkshire.

I had the same issue with Gamersgate, my Bank did not like their Visa verification at all and tried to cancel my card.

Has not been much fun to sort out. So am now waiting for Impulse to release the game instead!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Great Britain.
    Quote Originally Posted by nattai View Post
    I had the same issue with Gamersgate, my Bank did not like their Visa verification at all and tried to cancel my card.

Has not been much fun to sort out. So am now waiting for Impulse to release the game instead!
    Well it wasn't just Gamersgate for me, play.com has done it aswell... so i'm guessing my card has been blocked, i wouldn't mind if it could all be sorted out by e-mail and passwords etc but it looks like i'm going to have to go in, which considering i'm spending most of this week studying for my history degree... i don't have the time to do it.
    Irishman in Yorkshire.

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    It will be up at Steam, not entirely sure exactly when, but hopefully ASAP.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

It's not on coming soon list either.

I guess I should really try Gamersgate, they have more offers and deals than Steam too.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of Nations
    500k club

Yeah, I used to buy all my direct-download (DD) games exclusively on Steam too.

But now that the DD model is becoming more mainstream (and my taste in games is become less and less mainstream), I'm buying more games from other DD sellers simply because Steam can't be everything to everyone all the time. There will always be times when a game is full price on steam, yet on sale somewhere else. Or steam doesn't even offer it.

Steam: best for the big budget mainstream games, and maybe learning about the cream of the crop award-winning indie games.
    GamersGate: best for paradox games, and maybe learning about less mainstream "acquired taste" games.

And I'm finding that both have pretty good deals every now and then.

+ Reply to Thread