• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
vs the Sopwith Camel (to represent the british)

I think the Typhoon would more than likely represent the British. Hell given the development the UK put into the F-35 programme, it could be used to represent the British too.

Last edited:
Camels...?? O___o

Camel + afterburner = Kebab?

Let's go to hypothetical land again... Norway and Sweden in total war for each others land! Who would win that? Would it be over quickly? Would it take a while? Would it be like two mice fighting over an oiled up icecube? :p Opinions are obviously demanded! :)

Sweden won't have time for war as they're spending all of their time to solve the king's sex club scandal :D

Let's see..

Terrain
Norway has mountains, infantry assaults sure would be bloody due attrition and swedish supply lines could have problems

Sweden, as far as I know, is pretty much like Finland, not very special problems

Resources
Norway has oil which is probably the most important thing to carry in war, fish industry and probably some mines. I don't know about financial status of neither

Sweden has Iron and probably other mines as well, wood perhaps..

Army & Navy
Norway? Army? Do they have? I have a feeling they'd be in problems all-around..

Sweden has quite a submarine forces and they'd probably cause problems to oil production, Both nations have some sort of air- and infantry forces but someone who knows better shall answer to this :D

Diplomacy
With no doubt USA comes and does same as in Iraq, plays the world police and ends up rebuilding both nations after they've tested a couple of tactical nukes there..

Result

Call this a draw.. Ah wait, JanH is coming, write there Norway won.. FAST before he notices! :D

Some great points there Wave haha. :p Though let's assume no foreign intervention.

I'm about to head off downtown to pick up an old PS2 (retro time!) so I don't know whether this is true (don't have time to compare) but I'm 100% sure Sweden's air force has no Nordic equal with a large number of reasonably potent Gripens (compared to Norways budget US fighters :p) and this is likely to be a huge advantage.

I fear a Norwegian-Swedish war at this point would be a very sad affair that both parties would insist on forgetting in hindsight.

Sweden has twice the population, and actually has not reduced their army to the size where, according to themselves (Norw), it is only capable of defending one suburb of Oslo.

I am not sure how Gripen stacks up against F-16s really.

Norway's only hope would be to use the oil fund to buy a few divisions of mercenaries.