• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi,

although I am a hardcore naval nerd ;) your game nevertheless looks very interesting.

Can you talk a little about its AI...is it dynamic or purely scripted and to what extend can it be modded?
Thanks.

Well iam not an dev, but if u r an nerd as myself multiplayer is the way to go :)

Jamming is just fubar the enemy radars right?

We don't have that right now. We heard it was technically obsolete. However, it is a nice possibility, especially when you're jamming.
Ok but do ya have examples of mind game that u can do?

Also ive read about the low slow helos vs Iran, perhaps its about the enemy radar skill lvl?

Right. Iran doesn't have the radar systems we simulate in the game.

Well, when you first detect something you just get that it's "air" or "surface", so obviously your enemy will not know if it's bombers or tankers or whatever.

* You could use expandable air to create an impression of an attack, make the enemy launch air to intercept it, wait until they run low on fuel, and then launch the real attack from somewhere else.

* Draw enemy fighters into a surface task force with solid long-range anti-air. That hurts!

* Send your stealth fighters up front, go in with non-stealth fighters behind. When the enemy goes for your old fighters your stealth air are within range to wipe him out.

* Use terrain and very-low flying air to get one fighter behind an air battle. When his fighters are low on fuel and returning to base/refueling plane, they are totally helpless.

Sure people can come up with loads of fun stuff.

But yeah, we're thinking about adding jammers that give false radar images.

Errrrrrrr okay... Definitely random! :D Technically they're not Battleships, but rather Cruisers, Destroyers, Frigates, etc. But that's just me nitpicking. :p

Well, yeah.
Battleships and battlecruisers are a totally different kind of ship.
Even with all the fancy advanced missile cruisers I could see battlecruisers playing a possible role in this game, even though they aren't actually in it.
That would be a good mod IMO.

The Kirov class battlecruiser is in the game, and plays a quite significant role in it :)

I consider Admiral Ushakov and friends to be closer to a missile cruiser, especially because of their lack of a real main battery.
Now, if the Iowa class was in this game, that would be a whole different story...

It always makes me happy to hear a warship being used past it's service life. It's a shame to think that most RN vessels, apart from HMS Victory, Warrior, Belfast (and perhaps a few others), are if not sold on for foreign service, scrapped.

What'd I'd give to visit HMS Dreadnought (1906) or King George V (1941), or even a Type 42 or Invincible-class (though apparently Ark Royal might survive as a museum, or is that old news?).

*sigh*