• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
6545343373_f165699ff2_b.jpg

I believe they're all being fitted with Phalanx CIWS and the "they're getting Harpoon now" rumour has been doing the rounds strongly.

Heh that's what battleships were like during WWII! :p Actually, anti-air ships are extremely common, but they use long-range surface-to-air missiles. (SAMs)

The Type 45's! :D

You can see HMS Daring already has Phalanx fitted and the scaffolding in the same place around HMS Diamond would suggest she was getting it too whenever this photo was taken.

Er, thanks for elaborating on what I said! :p

Sounds fun!

The UK may take military action against Iran if it carries out its threat to block the Strait of Hormuz, Defence Secretary Philip Hammond will warn in a speech in Washington on Thursday.

Any attempt by Iran to block the strategically important waterway in retaliation for sanctions against its oil exports would be “illegal and unsuccessful” and the Royal Navy will join any action to keep it open.

The Admiral Kuznetsov reached Syria yesterday.

The 6-day visit of the Russian naval flotilla is called to strengthen stance of Syrian government which is currently under pressure of the Western and Arab countries as a result of sanguinary repression of protest actions.

"The port call is aimed at bringing the two countries closer together and strengthening their ties of friendship", reports SANA citing the Russian Navy's spokesman Vladimir A. Yakushev. According to the news agency, Russian warships will call at Tartus by rotation to demonstrate solidarity with Syrian people.

http://rusnavy.com/news/navy/index.php?ELEMENT_ID=14000

I wonder if they too will make a detour to the Hormuz straights later.

India recieved the Akula 1 (Imp) submarine Nerpa Dec 30 last year. She will set sail for India later in January.

http://rusnavy.com/news/navy/index.php?ELEMENT_ID=14002

And news about russian submarines means pics of russian submarines.:happy:

971gepardleopard03.jpg

Akula-class

Last edited:
Simply amazing!

UK sent nuclear sub near Falklands, says Argentina

Argentina's foreign minister has accused the UK of sending a nuclear-armed submarine to the South Atlantic, after making an official complaint to the UN over the Falklands dispute.

Hector Timerman demanded that the British confirm the location of nuclear submarines in the region.
But UK officials said the accusations of militarisation were "absurd".
UN chief Ban Ki-moon earlier called on both sides to avoid an "escalation" in tensions over the Falkland Islands.
The two countries went to war in 1982 over the British overseas territory.
Mr Timerman told a news conference at the UN in New York that the UK was "militarising the region", repeating accusations made by Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner earlier this week.
"Argentina has information that, within the framework of the recent British deployment in the Falklands, they sent a nuclear submarine with the capacity to transport nuclear weapons to the South Atlantic," Mr Timerman said.
He did not elaborate on the information, but said the vessel was Vanguard-class, a group that carries Trident nuclear missiles.
Then, last month, the UK said it was sending one of its newest destroyers, HMS Dauntless, to the South Atlantic, off the Falklands.
London described the move as "routine". Argentine reacted angrily to this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-16993391

Firstly, Dauntless is off to replace Montrose and there would be no reason for a Vanguard SSBN to be sent down there, mostly likely only a Trafalgar class SSN. He claimed we increased our naval power in the region "four fold", does he expect us to keep around some ancient destroyers just to patrol the Falklands?

Last edited:
Imperialman Argentina is just jealous that she isn't getting to modernise her fleet ;). As for the SSN I believe that it is more likely to be a Trafalgar class as you stated, the S.Atlantic is a poor position for the SSBN patrol because it might not reach up far north and allow us to cover that region. Far more likely the SSBN patrol is in the artic anyway where the vessels can hide under the ice and only have to worry about counter detection from other SSNs.

That said if we have sent an SSBN down to the Falklands then all I have to say is it serves Argentina right!!

"The Russian Navy has decided against construction of Lada class submarines (Project 677) and will instead modernize its existing boats, Navy Commander-in-Chief Adm. Vladimir Vysotsky said in an interview with RIA Novosti. The design of the diesel-electric Lada class was completed at the end of the 1990s, but none of the planned boats have entered service, although the lead ship in the class, the Saint Petersburg, is undergoing trials with the Baltic Fleet, Vysotsky said. “The Russian Navy does not need the Lada in its current form,” he said. Vysotsky also said the first the non-nuclear Russian submarine with anaerobic propulsion may begin trials in 2014."

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20120209/171225725.html

"The Russian Navy has decided against construction of Lada class submarines (Project 677) and will instead modernize its existing boats, Navy Commander-in-Chief Adm. Vladimir Vysotsky said in an interview with RIA Novosti. The design of the diesel-electric Lada class was completed at the end of the 1990s, but none of the planned boats have entered service, although the lead ship in the class, the Saint Petersburg, is undergoing trials with the Baltic Fleet, Vysotsky said. “The Russian Navy does not need the Lada in its current form,” he said. Vysotsky also said the first the non-nuclear Russian submarine with anaerobic propulsion may begin trials in 2014."

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20120209/171225725.html
Jan I told you you should have included the Kilo! :p

Lately the brass in Russian military are smoking crack and have contradicting announcements every new month. Always announce new projects just to cancel them 6 months later. I almost wonder if this is some kind of information warfare from their side, or just plain simple incompetence in planning and management.

Last edited:
I like this guy ;)

+1 to that!!! And, I did propose the idea of letting beta folks at least submit missions to the 'man' if they wanted to for review and possible inclusion at release. Or maybe as some kind of 'Best of the Beta' DLC release. LoL, that's actually kind of catchy when you say it a couple times. My shrink really shouldn't have upped the dosage on my ADHD meds, making me a chatter box online and off. :D