• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well that attempt to stir up debate failed. I've decided to post a picture of the ship class in question. Enjoy.

QE%20Class%20Nov%202010_Med.jpg

looks expensive. dont think they have the budget.

F-35C is the main aircraft on US (and British) carriers.

Obviously, there are also support aircraft like Hawkeyes and helos, and possibly quite a few old Super Hornets to keep it real and balanced! :)

oh god, i am so behind the times. i thought the americans were still using the f-14...(self-depricating humur intended to show that i've lost track of advances in navy oob)

oh god, i am so behind the times. i thought the americans were still using the f-14...(self-depricating humur intended to show that i've lost track of advances in navy oob)
Well, Iran still uses F14. If they still fly, that is, without original parts for maintenance.

I have to say I miss my "experiences" with Tomcats in Harpoon. That horrible feeling of "damn I am out of phoenixes (phoenixen?) and now I have to engage those migs with sidewinders. This is gonna hurt!"

looks expensive. dont think they have the budget.

Both ships in the class have been paid for and are now under construction. You better check the budget again, you must have made a mistake when you looked through their budget the first time... :rolleyes:

Both ships in the class have been paid for and are now under construction. You better check the budget again, you must have made a mistake when you looked through their budget the first time... :rolleyes:

i dont know how they do it in the uk, but the pentagon cancelled several projects that had already recieved the green light after designs were approved and began construction and assembly. lo and behold, they stopped funding and put the project on hold. if i'm not mistaken, it might have been some AGM's in conjunction with the israelis. also that half chopper/half plane had a stop and go birth...

Well, Iran still uses F14. If they still fly, that is, without original parts for maintenance.

I have to say I miss my "experiences" with Tomcats in Harpoon. That horrible feeling of "damn I am out of phoenixes (phoenixen?) and now I have to engage those migs with sidewinders. This is gonna hurt!"

are you telling me the phoenixes and and sidewinders have been discontinued??? know of any good books w/pics on where i can catch up?

Pheonixes were exclusive to the F-14, and so have of course been discontinued. Sidewinders, however, can be carried by nearly any aircraft in the world, and are still being mass produced.

Sidewinders are pretty universal, yes. Even the most modern US fighter aircraft carry two (typically) as a last-ditch AA weapon, either when they have run out of AMRAAMs, or in case of non-air superiority loadouts, for self defence.

Compared to the AMRAAMs, they don't have much of a range, though.

Eurovision is boring this year! :(