• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I feel the scope for random talk in relation to a naval simulator is rather limited, but hey. I just need to think of a topic.

Well that attempt to stir up debate failed. I've decided to post a picture of the ship class in question. Enjoy.

QE%20Class%20Nov%202010_Med.jpg

But I liked the ski jump!

Then it's jail for you! Nah, the ramp was a waste of time since the ship is big enough to support standard carrier operations. The ramp did look nice though. It was picked, mostly I think, just to justify the purchase of the F-35B by the last government but that's since been changed to F-35C.

Just the irony, then, that suddenly the B appears to be working brilliantly (at least judging by the latest flight tests), while the C variant is still pretty much a mess.

I think there's been a two year pause in F-35B production during which the aircraft may be "redesigned, or canceled if unsuccessful". Another quote from Robert Gates "If we cannot fix this variant during this time frame, and get it back on track in terms of performance, cost and schedule, then I believe it should be canceled". The C when finished I'm sure will have much greater capability and range. Besides, lack of ramp means allied naval air forces can operate on the QE class too.