• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
PART VI : ESCAPE OF GOEBEN AND BRESLAU

7wdaR.jpg

Goeben and Breslau sailing towards Istanbul

October 1, 1914

German battlecruiser SMS Goeben and light cruiser SMS Breslau under command of Admiral Souchon entered into Dardanelles strait escaping from the British Fleet. As Ottoman Empire is still neutral and it is forbidden to allow battleships pass through the straits in the peace time, A problem has arisen. To solve the problem, Germans gifted these two modern warships to Ottoman Navy.Goeben was renamed as Yavuz Sultan Selim and Breslau was renamed as Midilli. Admiral Souchon was appointed as Fleet Admiral by Enver Pasha.Gift of the ships to Ottoman Navy aroused extremely friendly feelings towards Germany among Turkish public because the British seized two nearly completed battleships under orders from First Lord of the Admiralty Churchill when the War broke out. Ottoman Empire paid for the ships and seizure of them caused hatred towards the British.

88vom.jpg

CyHxe.jpg

SMS Goeben

Goeben Battleship became the most modern warship of the Ottoman Navy. It has almost same firepower as Barbaros Hayreddin battleship but it is faster.While Goeben's maximum speed is 18 kmh, maximum speed of Barbaros Hayreddin is 15 kmh.

qUOtG.jpg

German Views over the Alliance with Ottoman Empire

Germans wanted Ottoman Empire to stay neutral in the beginning phase of the war. when they predicted quick victory over France and Russia. Now, the War in Europe turned into bloody trench warfare and German leaders began to see Ottoman Empire as valuable ally. According to them, Ottomans could bring benefits as follows :

1) Ottoman Empire would divert many Entente divisions from the Western and the Eastern front of Germany. This would ease the burden on German Army.

2) As Khalifah of all muslims, Ottoman Sultan could provoke revolts in the muslim British colonies from India to Egypt.

3) Ottoman forces could invade Suez Channel and close the channel to the British.

4) Closing of the Bosphorus strait would prevent the arrival of Franco - British aid to Russia.

5) New front in the Caucasus could knock down the Russians earlier.

October 20, 1914

Turkish population of Kars revolted against Russian administration of the city.

1FF5H.jpg

November 10, 1914

Western Front is quite stable :

nJhSJ.jpg

November 23, 1914

News from United States :

1Uct4.jpg

PART VII : DECLARATION OF HOLY WAR

mlXHr.jpg

Sheikh-ul Islam Mustafa Hayri Efendi declaring Holy Jihad against Entente Powers

[video=youtube;pito6A6KDJE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pito6A6KDJE[/video]​
Mehter March

December 18, 1914

Enver Pasha concluded the Secret Alliance Pact with Germany. After the signing of the pact, Enver Pasha ordered Admiral Souchon to sail towards the Black Sea and bombard Russian ports of Sevastopol and Odessa.

iz3GT.jpg

December 20, 1914

Battlecruiser Yavuz and few other smaller ships under command of Admiral Souchon bombarded Russian ports. Russia and Britain immediately declared war on Ottoman Empire. Ittihadi government also declared war on Entente Powers. In the face of such a fait accompli, 3 members of Ottoman cabinet resigned.

6939A.jpg

eIYiA.jpg

WAR GOALS

Germans wanted from Enver Pasha to launch general offensive towards Suez to close the channel. Germans give this operation top priority. Hasan İzzet Pasha has 7 divisions under his command but most of the divisions are understrength. Enver Pasha ordered him to march towards Egypt.

T3s6w.jpg

Halil Sami's forces in Basrah will occupy Kuwait immediately to prevent the British from bringing troops to the region.

RcB0n.jpg

Pan-Turkist Ittihadis give much importance to the Caucasus Front. According to them, Ottoman Empire should link up with Turks in Azerbaijan and if this is achieved, this would encourage all Turks throughout the Central Asia to rise against their Russian masters. Then, Ottoman Empire could expand towards the Eastward to unite with her Turkish brothers. Cevat Pasha was given 13 divisions to attack Russia. Kars has already fallen into the hands of Turkish revolters. Cevat Pasha was ordered to move into the city and to restore the Ottoman authority.

lSwjM.jpg

Last edited:
PART VIII : MOBILIZATION

So2Xa.jpg

Mobilization of Ottoman Army

December 21, 1914

Germany began to send technicians and advisors to Ottoman Empire in order to modernise its Army.

rOH3X.jpg

December 24, 1914

News from America :

dgLOv.jpg

December 26, 1914

There are widespread revolts in the Caucasus. This may facilitate Ottoman advance in the region.

rDpqA.jpg

January 10, 1915

Ottoman forces entered Kuwait. It was officially announced that Kuwait is once again vilayet of Ottoman Empire.

o3uKL.jpg

January 20, 1915

Germans are advancing in the East.

Uel1p.jpg

January 22, 1915

General Mobilization was ordered by Ittihadi Party. Mobilization order is strongly unpopular among population as this will draw the workforce of men and will affect the daily living of population badly. Total of 2.600.000 men were called into service.

oXQAQ.jpg

lAsEr.jpg

January 25, 1915

German technical help continues to arrive :

mit3b.jpg

February 4, 1915

Ottoman forces captured El Arish in Sinai Peninsula and Kars in the North.

gQvXU.jpg

8jQTE.jpg

February 18, 1915

Von Falkenhayn was appointed as new Chief of Staff of German Army.

KygUK.jpg

PART IX : BULGARIA JOINS CENTRAL POWERS

K9ezL.jpg

A postcard commemorating the entry of Bulgaria into the war

February 29, 1915

Bulgaria joined Central Powers. Now, Serbia which is resisting against Austians for months was enveloped by Central Powers. ITU comleted the research of new production methods, important military industries will be given new machines and techniques to increase output.

qMbXS.jpg

Military experts in ITU began to implement new logistics tecHniques into Ottoman Army. German advisors are also working on the project.

ojoO9.jpg

March 4, 1915

Ottoman Army captured Kutaisi. Advance of Ottoman Army increased the self confidence of Ittihadi leaders.

65edK.jpg

March 18, 1915

At least 120.00 Russian troops were encircled in Lublin by German Army under command of Von Hindenburg.

x1bng.jpg

March 22, 1915

Montenegro surrendered. Now, Serbia is alone and encircled by enemies from all sides.

J44tL.jpg

March 26, 1915

Al Quantarah was captured by Turkish forces. Ottoman Army is now moving towards Port Said and Suez.

p5I5Y.jpg

April 14, 1915

Russian Army in Lublin surrendered.

qHwMD.jpg

LD4Zq.jpg

Russian POWs in Lublin

April 17, 1915

Tbilisi and Yerevan were captured. Turkish forces are advancing towards Baku.

s7ODe.jpg

Nice advance, things are looking good for the Central Powers. You make great progress mostly because of the lack of real resistance (i.e. enemy divisions) so it will be the ultimate test of the Ottomans if they find their opponent :)

Tim

PART X : ITALIAN TREACHERY

4pLYw.png

Antonio Salandra, Prime Minister of Italy

April 18, 1915

Secret Alliance Pact was signed between Entente Powers and Italy. According to the terms of the pact, Italy was declare war on Central Powers and join Entente Powers. Britain and France promised parts of Austrian territories in exchange for the Italian treachery. Central Powers remained unaware of the secret pact.

sDniQ.jpg

April 23, 1915

The War in the West was intensified with the German offensive towards Chaumont. The French launched counter-offensive to Nancy to cut German troops in Chaumont.

pFT1o.jpg

Continuos advance in Egypt and the Caucasus made supply situation of the Turkish Army very bad. Ottoman Army lacks modern logistics vehicles. Railways are limited and not available everywhere. Horse carts are the main supply vehicle of Ottoman Army. Turkish experts and German advisors are working to improve Ottoman supply system.

nYpR5.jpg

April 28, 1915

Italy betrayed Germany and Austro-Hungary for a reward promised by the British and declared war on Central Powers. Italian greediness will be punished with the utter destruction of her Armies.

zB4hQ.jpg

May 4, 1915

Suez was captured, Ottomans closed the strait to the Entente. British doesn't have any troops in Egypt. Turkish Army is now advancing towards Cairo. Capture of Suez Channel was celebrated with military parades in Istanbul. Enver Pasha announced that the course of history was reversed for Ottoman Empire; Turkish Empire will now return back to its glorious days.

pxA02.jpg

May 23, 1915

Situation in the Western Front :

0GMEy.jpg

May 25, 1915

The British decided to implement a naval operation which will blockade the maritime supply of raw materials and foodstuffs to Germany.

5kOYL.jpg

May 30, 1915

Cairo was captured by Ottoman Army.

2hyZw.jpg

NOTE : At this point, I will stop because the game became extremely boring due to lack of any Russian and British resistance. In the Caucasus, single partisan division occupied 6 Russian provinces. There is not any British or Russian division near my borders. My Army is crap, 2 or 3 divisions would be enough to stop my advance but AI didn't send even single division in half a year. I expected my Armies to be crushed and to struggle for survival but I was disappointed. Now, I will make updates for Third Reich AAR.

NOTE : At this point, I will stop because the game became extremely boring due to lack of any Russian and British resistance. In the Caucasus, single partisan division occupied 6 Russian provinces. There is not any British or Russian division near my borders. My Army is crap, 2 or 3 divisions would be enough to stop my advance but AI didn't send even single division in half a year. I expected my Armies to be crushed and to struggle for survival but I was disappointed. Now, I will make updates for Third Reich AAR.
Yeah, it's funny that the AI didn't guard important provinces such as Suez or Baku. Your naval capabilities are poor, so I doubt that you would be able to get far in Egypt.

Yeah, it's funny that the AI didn't guard important provinces such as Suez or Baku. Your naval capabilities are poor, so I doubt that you would be able to get far in Egypt.

yes, probably I won't be able to advance more in Egpyt because my logistical situation is extremely bad. My disappointment is not easy conquest of British and Russian territories but lack of any kind of real resistance in 6 months.

Nice AAR and excellent choice!!! OE is definately the most interresting country to play in the entire game (including WWI and II). Of course if the AI wont be that crappy :(