• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
models.csv in darkest hour a hoi game\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\config

If your example was for Yugoslavia you would add the line
MODEL_YUG_12_9;MiG15;;;;;;;;;;X
depending on which language your game is using (first entry, the one I changed, is for English)

You can find exactly what the variable you want to change is in unit_names.csv (and even change the default name)

Last edited:
models.csv in darkest hour a hoi game\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\config

If your example was for Yugoslavia you would add the line
MODEL_YUG_12_9;MiG15;;;;;;;;;;X
depending on which language your game is using (first entry, the one I changed, is for English)

You can find exactly what the variable you want to change is in unit_names.csv (and even change the default name)
So if I want to do this for Bulgaria, and my game uses English it must be like this:
MODEL_BUL_12_9;MiG15;;;;;;;;;;X

So if I want to do this for Bulgaria, and my game uses English it must be like this:
MODEL_BUL_12_9;MiG15;;;;;;;;;;X
Yeah although I recommend just copy+pasting the SOV section and changing the SOV to BUL. Less work and you get continuity between countries (the SOV names include the NATO call sign and such)

Thank you for the advise, but while I was looking in the models file Í can't see Bulgaria, onley the major powers in the game like England, USA. So I must add Bulgaria to them, or make a new file where I will copy/paste the sov units?

Thank you for the advise, but while I was looking in the models file Í can't see Bulgaria, onley the major powers in the game like England, USA. So I must add Bulgaria to them, or make a new file where I will copy/paste the sov units?
Add it to the same file, it's simpler

Is it possible to change the strenght of units - strenght 100% by strenght 10000 (the manpower)?
I wish to add artillery division in the unit folder how to do it? (the sprites exist)

Is it possible to change limits to ideologies economic/social policy slider? For example allowing Social Conservatives 10 in free market (not by event/decision, but by moving sliders)? Or is it handcoded?

Last edited:
what's wrong with this?
event = {
id = 9200013
name = "La crisis del petróleo"
desc = "En 1973 se llegó a pensar que las reservas mundiales de petróleo estaban cerca de su final."
picture = nwo\petroleo_1973
style = 1

trigger = {
exists = USA
}

date = { day = 15 month = october year = 1973 }
offset = 1
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1979 }

action = {
name = "Oh God, why"
ai_chance = 100
command = { type = add_prov_resource which = -1 value = -40 where = oil }
}
}

Would someone with patience please explain to me what Moddir is and where I can get it? I want to try my hand at expanding my modding skills, to this point I have only altered text/excel files, and want to expand to improve the airpower AI files. I would like to find a mentor, PM me if interested, that would be willing to point me in the right direction and be a resource when I have difficulties. I emphasize patience again as anything past excel/text adjustments is totally new to me. Thanks for any help offered.

EDIT Just realized that AI files are text...DUH!!! I thought with the .ai file extension I could not use notepad. But the question still remians, what is Moddir and what is it used for?

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation. Is this a program I can download or just a process that I can learn?

As to Air AI...can someone answer me this? I see where in the DH full AI folder there are four distinct air AI files for Ground Attack, Strategic Attack, Air Superiority and Naval Strike. I also note that in each individual countries' file are one single "Air Marshal" AI file that has different parameters for each country. How does the engine determine when to use the country specific file or the generic file in the DH full ai folder? Or does the AI only use the one file in the country specific AI file? Hope I explained my question well enough for a response. I want to create my first mod by enhancing the air AI. Thanks to all and your reply as well, AC.

EDIT: A more pressing question, where or how can I instruct which air AI file for a nation to use. Where can I find the trigger to say "use this file for this situation and this file for this one?"

Copy and paste your DH Full Folder, Rename it to the name of your mod and go hog wild with it.