• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice, a quick question, what is different from ARMA in making new countries? just still a name, revolt, tech, ministers and leaders?

Remember to add the name of the new minister/leaders/tech teams files to db/ministers.txt, db/leaders.txt and db/teams.txt respectively. :)

That is needed only when using Moddir (as everyone should anyway ;)) AND when there are minister/leader/TT files that should be loaded from the main game folder. Otherwise you can remove db/ministers.txt, db/leaders.txt and db/teams.txt and put all L/M/TT files into the respective Mod sub-folders. :)

Well mostly, if i create a country like Caucasia, i just pick the Georgian and Armenian ministers and give them a new ID. So that I can create my countries in 5 minutes.

I am currently trying to change some leaders. I can pretty much understand what i have to do, but when coming to the traits of each leader i have to put in a number. Sounds simple but i can't find what number corresponds with each trait. Where is that info?
I am not using any editor of sorts, just the notepad.

As i am currently doing a heavy uplifting of Greek leader and minister files, i was wondering what is the thinking behind each general's end date? A certain age? His historical retirement? His death?
And what about those killed in combat during the war, for example in 1942? Are they fated to "end" in that date, no matter what? I suppose its only logical that an age limit is used, 60-65 at most, depending on his birth date that is. If the game persona of the historical person manages to outsurvive him is only part of the game.

P.S Do naval officers have a higher chance of dying when their ship is sunk? Would be extra-cool.

Leader's end dates are used only on scenario start (if scenario starts after leader's end date, then this leader is not loaded) and on new country creation in-game (same logic as above), so end dates should be as close as possible to the year when the leader historically ended his career. Once a leader is loaded he can remain active until the end of the game (end year is ignored).
For ministers end year is checked on the fly so once reached this minister will not be available anymore. Same applies for tech teams.

There is no higher chance for admirals to die in naval combat.

is there any changes to models.csv not mentioned in the pdf?

i'm trying to implement new models names for some countries infantry and cavalry models, but the game will only display every other new model name i've put into models.csv

for example...
MODEL_GER_0_7;Infanterie '26;;;x
MODEL_GER_0_8;Infanterie '31;;;x
MODEL_GER_0_9;Infanterie '36;;;X
MODEL_GER_0_10;Infanterie '39;;;X
MODEL_GER_0_11;Infanterie '42;;;X

but in game only 0_7, 0_9 and 0_11 will correspond to models.csv, whereas 0_8, and 0_10 will still display as standard infantry 1931 and infantry 1939

Can someone explain why my files always seems to get corrupted even if I don't touch them? I just open them up and when I start playing the game says that the file is corrupted. I use Notepad++ all the time.