• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Where can I find a list of US core provinces in numerical order?

Is there a guide to new event types? I looked at
http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi2wiki/index.php/Event_Commands
but didn't find syntax descriptions that fully cover events like:

############ reserves arrive

event = {
id = 1350002
random = no
persistent = yes
one_action = yes

name = "1350002name"
desc = "1350002desc"
style = 1
picture = "Wehrmacht"

action = {
name = "1350002"
ai_chance = 50
command = { type = strength which = land when = 1 where = 0 org = 0.5 value = 0.8 }
command = { type = local_setflag which = RES }
}

action = {
name = "1350002"
ai_chance = 35
command = { type = strength which = land when = 1 where = 0 org = 0.3 value = 0.65 }
}

action = {
name = "1350002"
ai_chance = 15
command = { type = strength which = land when = 1 where = 0 org = 0.2 value = 0.5 }
}
}

I *think*
command = { type = strength which = land when = 1 where = 0 org = 0.5 value = 0.8 }
means "add(?) (0.8) strength(type=strength) of all (when=1) land units (which = land) everywhere (where = 0) ... ?

..but what is the "org = 0.5" about? Did I misinterpret the syntax?

Nice thread! Simply want to say: Ty! :)

is there any changes to models.csv not mentioned in the pdf?

i'm trying to implement new models names for some countries infantry and cavalry models, but the game will only display every other new model name i've put into models.csv

for example...

MODEL_GER_0_7;Infanterie '26;;;x
MODEL_GER_0_8;Infanterie '31;;;x
MODEL_GER_0_9;Infanterie '36;;;X
MODEL_GER_0_10;Infanterie '39;;;X
MODEL_GER_0_11;Infanterie '42;;;X

but in game only 0_7, 0_9 and 0_11 will correspond to models.csv, whereas 0_8, and 0_10 will still display as standard infantry 1931 and infantry 1939

Has this been explained at all? Curious as to the reason that this might occur in case I try the same....

hey guys!

regarding making changes to the start/end date, should we just use the HoI II Wiki?

Also, when it comes to events, same thing as HoI II I would presume? I read the post regarding the darkest hour event creator and such but I can't seem to figure it out... I am trying to make some events like I had for HoI III just to test and see if they work.. for example, i'm trying to add IC, speed up research, add manpower, speed up production, etc... usually those can be done with using options like research_effectiveness or leadership_modifier or something like that in HoI III, but it doesn't seem to work the same here... If you wouldn't mind just pointing me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it!

quick edit: I did read some more and i think i am just missing something when it comes to events... i know the commands are different and i think i am maybe missing some or just doing something totally off point ya know? are there any examples of working events that do some of the things I mentioned?

thanks!
GFM

Check DH\Modding Documentation\Guide to Darkest Hour.pdf and DH\Modding Documentation\event_commands.txt, it's all explained there.

this is the post i was talking about... i am not sure exactly where this file is if i'm just missing it i sincerely apologize for asking, i mean i am sure this is like beating a dead horse for you guys and i don't mean to make a problem.. i am just trying to get used to modding Darkest Hour because I see how much potential it has and honestly - i love messing around with things and this is one of the most modder-friendly games i have ever seen... i just need a bit of direction if you lads wouldn't mind helping!

thanks,
GFM

You can use http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi2wiki/index.php/Mods#General_modding_guides as a base guide. Then apply DH\Modding Documentation\Guide to Darkest Hour.pdf and DH\Modding Documentation\Guide to Darkest Hour.pdf on top of it (it basically contains the changes from HOI2 to DH). Or use DH\Modding Documentation\event_commands.txt for all triggers and commands of events.
DH\Modding Documentation\ is the directory where DH is installed on your computer.

You can use http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi2wiki/index.php/Mods#General_modding_guides as a base guide. Then apply DH\Modding Documentation\Guide to Darkest Hour.pdf and DH\Modding Documentation\Guide to Darkest Hour.pdf on top of it (it basically contains the changes from HOI2 to DH). Or use DH\Modding Documentation\event_commands.txt for all triggers and commands of events.
DH\Modding Documentation\ is the directory where DH is installed on your computer.

thanks a bunch AC, really appreciated mate!

GFM

I'm trying to create a new country (Union of Castille and León) using the U_99 info (it's Togo) and I changed all perfectly.
The problem it's that when I start the game it appears that message:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/339/problemgz.png/

Whatever I do, the game crash.
After this, I went to see the revolt.txt and I saw this:
''
U99 = { # Union de Castilla-León
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1914 }
expirydate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1963 }
minimum = { 447 448 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 460 463 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 }
extra = { 444 445 441 449 }
capital = { 460 }

U00 = { # Confederació Catalano-Aragonesa <-- ERROR HERE
expirydate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1963}
minimum = { 436 437 439 440 }
extra = { 475 80 }
capital = 440 # Barcelona
}
''

I don't see anything wrong... Can somebody help me?
Thanks for all!

U99 = { # Union de Castilla-León
expirydate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1963 }
minimum = { 447 448 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 460 463 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 }
extra = { 444 445 441 449 }
capital = { 460 }
} <---- add this bracket here to close the U99 tag.

Noooooow! Ok, a million thanks for your quickly answer AC!!

Last edited:
Now I solved all the problems but when I'm going to release any country (original of the game or created by me), it appears these message:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/problem3l.png/

I don't know what excel file can't be found... There all the files (ministers, teams, leaders, countries, etc). I think that all it's correct.
If somebody knows what could be happening, would be grateful that he explain this.

Thanks and sorry for disturbing! ^^

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED!

Last edited:
Where I can find the propaganda posters and the 'history text about the country' before start the gameplay?

Thanks!