+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Minefield's Flags for Europa Universalis III

Game Breaking Bug DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Art of War

Great work minefield!

Btw did you by any chance encounter the problem with latest patch, for some reason flags are again shown as dark even with that file you provided (IIRC) in that other thread. Maybe its just me
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Provinces-Mod

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

What file did I provide?

If flags stay plain white or black you most certainly forgot to delete flagfiles.dds & flagfiles.txt. Or do you mean they are just darker then they should?

Europa Universalis III: Coat of Arms, Interface, Screenshots
    Victoria II: Flags
    Terra Maiorum (EU3 Map Project): Denmark, British Isles, Caucasus

Game Breaking Bug DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Art of War

Ooops my bad, it was another person.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-game-like-HTT

Basically flags are too dark when i remove the ripple effect or whatever its called. Ill just post there for solution so nvm.
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Provinces-Mod

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldPenumbra - Black PlagueRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Hm...could you perhaps make an alternative flag for Burgundy? I rather like the thorned-cross flag, myself, though I really like the effects you've added.
    "The worst derangement of the spirit is to believe things because we want them to be so, not because we have seen them for what they are." - Jacques-Benigne Bossuet, French bishop

"There is no justice among men. " - Tsar Nicholas II

Personal info

Nationality: American
    Religion: Catholic
    Ideology: Liberal

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneRise of Prussia

Quote Originally Posted by englishpaladin View Post
    Hm...could you perhaps make an alternative flag for Burgundy? I rather like the thorned-cross flag, myself, though I really like the effects you've added.
    I'll already made some alternative coat of arms. They are mostly eu3 default arms with my filter added. Although some arms PI made are just wrong (e.g. Ulm) I think some of you became accustomed to them. I'll release them any time soon and Burgundy will be one of them.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

All right, thanks.
    "The worst derangement of the spirit is to believe things because we want them to be so, not because we have seen them for what they are." - Jacques-Benigne Bossuet, French bishop

Personal info

the next update!

I added 29 coat of arms and updated 71 ones. The reason is I decided to add a border to each one of the coat of arms - so they all need to be updated...

I did not forget about the alternative arms (like Burgundy) - I'm on it.
    Last edited by minefield; 21-05-2011 at 16:37.

Me, myself and a few felines delling's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleShip Simulator ExtremesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

I positively love your work on these. Thank you, it really enhances the look of game.

I have a few thoughts;

- Denmark, I so hope you are planning using the CoA ('Or, three lions passant in pale Azure crowned...') instead of the flag, to keep in style.
    - It would be great - but probably way too much work - if there could be some difference in style between the lions, eagles etc. I know that in some cases it is more or less the same 'german bird' and 'dutch cat' etc, but still...
    - Also the lions have a bit to much details esp on the shoulder-arm part, making them a pixel confusion when zooming out. It also becomes a bit hard to recognize Thüringen, where someone for some wierd reason decided to make a striped lion.
    - England and Normandy are extremely similar, maybe tint the red somewhat differently?

As a swede I'm probably upsetting danes when having an opinion on their in-game representation . I like the look of the Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish CoAs a lot, except perhaps that lion pixel issue.

Europa Universalis IV

Great update, though Russia still seems to be left out...would love to see that!

Personal info

Quote Originally Posted by delling View Post
    I[...]the lions have a bit to much details esp on the shoulder-arm part, making them a pixel confusion when zooming out. It also becomes a bit hard to recognize Thüringen, where someone for some wierd reason decided to make a striped lion.[...]
    What about these lions?

*image removed*
    Last edited by minefield; 31-05-2011 at 16:12.

Hm...could you perhaps make an alternative flag for Burgundy? [...]
    done!

next release (v0.63) btw.

Europa Universalis IV

Fantastic work.

Personal info

Me, myself and a few felines delling's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleShip Simulator ExtremesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by minefield View Post
    What about these lions?

Attachment 36351
    Looks great! Your really making the game much prettier.

[...] Russia still seems to be left out...would love to see that![...]
    Just updated and yes, I added the coat of arms of Russia.

Europa Universalis IV

I don't want to be a pest, but would you mind making one for this: ?

Personal info

ouh, that's going to be REALLY small ingame (Léon's lion would have a size of only 13x13 pixels...). I'll give it a try when I'm back home on monday.

Corporal
    Europa Universalis 3

Thanks for the awesome work!! EUIII starts to look rather good now with this mod and MMU installed. Never thought it would happen

Could not wait for the danish flag though, so I made one myself ^^. Thought I could share it if it's okay? Until you make a better version that is

I also modified my own country's flag according to the one here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ar...se_of_Vasa.svg

I can upload the .tga files if someone is interested and minefield allows

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

Any chance you could run italy's flag through your filter?

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Will the new version or the .psd be available soon?
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

HoI AnthologyFor the Motherland500k club

Is this going to continue? It seems a shame for the project to end when there are still a few flags left.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast