+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Minefield's Flags for Europa Universalis III

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Minefield's Flags for Europa Universalis III

Minefield's Coats of Arms for Europa Universalis III

There isn't much to say I guess. I've been tweaking the coat of arms of Europa Univeralis III.
    Please leave a comment if there is anything you want to say or criticize.

Alternative

green = new
    blue = updated
    yellow = needs update
    red = beta

minefields_eu3_coat_of_arms_v1.00.rar
    * alternative coats of arms included

Credits

Chris Taylor for being a great help with multiple coat of arms.
    Alyoshenka for the (alternative) arms of FRA, JAP and BYZ.

I recommend using JSGME for installing this mod.
    Remember you'll have to delete default files flagfiles.dds and flagfiles.txt manually to avoid errors showing only blank flags.

update log:
    2011/10/29: added 47
    coat of arms; updated 11 coat of arms; added 8 alternative coat of arms
    2011/10/20: added 62 coat of arms; updated 14 coat of arms; added 8 alternative coat of arms
    2011/05/31: added 16 coat of arms; updated 37 coat of arms
    2011/05/27: added 25 coat of arms; updated 38 coat of arms; added 17 alternative coat of arms
    2011/05/21: added 29 coat of arms; updated 71 coat of arms
    2011/05/11: added 23 coat of arms; updated 16 coat of arms
    2011/05/02: added 26 coat of arms; updated 8 coat of arms
    2011/04/24: added 16 coat of arms; updated 1 coat of arms; removed alpha-layer
    2011/04/22: added 8 coat of arms; applied lighting; applied texture-filter
    2011/04/16: added 47 coat of arms
    2011/04/06: added 26 coat of arms
    2011/04/03: first release containing 26 coat of arms
    Last edited by minefield; 29-10-2011 at 14:19.

Europa Universalis III: Coat of Arms, Interface, Screenshots
    Victoria II: Flags
    Terra Maiorum (EU3 Map Project): Denmark, British Isles, Caucasus

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneRise of Prussia

Minefield's Coats of Arms for the Scando-Baltic Mod (v1.1)
    The Scando-Baltic Mod is made by
    SapientHomo

green = new nations that aren't in the mod
    blue = updated coat of arms

minfields_coat_of_arms_for_scando_baltic_mod.rar

-----------------------------------------------

Minefield's Coats of Arms for Death and Taxes (v4.0)
    Death and Taxes is made by lukew

green
    = new

Credits
    A huge thanks to Sandam for giving me permission to use his flags

minefields_coats_of_arms_for_death_and_taxes_4.01.rar

-----------------------------------------------

I recommend using JSGME for installing these mods.
    Remember you'll have to delete default files flagfiles.dds and flagfiles.txt manually to avoid errors showing only blank flags.

update log:
    2011/11/19: added 8 coats of arms
    2011/10/31: added 7
    coats of arms; added 3 alternative coats of arms
    2011/10/30: first release containing 71 coats of arms
    Last edited by minefield; 16-12-2011 at 14:17.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Some of the flags look a bit too flat and EU3 vanilla-ish compared to your victoria 2 flags Maybe add some ripple effect like the ones in VIC2?

(Maybe it's the lighting?)
    Last edited by Cainrae; 06-04-2011 at 12:07.
    Graphic Designer on the Elder Kings Dev Team

"If you are the Sultan, come and lead your armies. If I am the Sultan I hereby order you to come and lead my armies" Mehmed II to his father and former Sultan; Murad II, before the Battle of Varna

When I made to flags for Victoria many people were complaining about the filter. I got some PM where they were asking me for unfiltered flags.

After all I decided not to add a filter like in Victoria 2 because of the additional possibilities of ingame-filtering. The shield in the topbar has it's own filter for the flags and maybe I can implement an overlay for the flags of the troops like in Victoria 2. The flags of EU3 are actually coat of arms and not flags - so using the same filter doesn't seem to be appropriate in my opinion...

Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

I guess you have a point. Maybe you could provided some ingame screenshot? Maybe it will lure people more than just the plain flags

The lion on some of the COA's might be a bit sharp on the edges, maybe smoothen the edges a bit to make i look more natural?

"If you are the Sultan, come and lead your armies. If I am the Sultan I hereby order you to come and lead my armies" Mehmed II to his father and former Sultan; Murad II, before the Battle of Varna

I'll see what I can do about the edges of the lions

Screenshots will come, thanks!

Btw: Do you know something about the danish len? I made a map of denmark divided into herred posted here but never found any funded information about the len...

To be honest i think a lot of the communes current coat of arms range back to the middle ages. Atleast for the cities that existed back then.

http://www.byvaben.dk/Danmark.htm

You could try that link, it has from A-Z I can help you with the translation if needed

thats some nice site for the arms of the herred. thank you! unfortunately the herred are way to small to show up in EU3...

I need arms and maps of the len, what seems to be impossible to find.

http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skabelo...en_indtil_1662 : At list of Len's in Denmark. It's only names but may be of use.

http://www.fynhistorie.dk/files/hist...22.preview.jpg

That's a map from 1522, hope you can use that

Translated text in the upper right conner:

Red: Financial-len under bourgeois lens-men (len owners)
    Pink: Financial-len under noble lens-men (len owners)
    Dark Green: Noble mortage-len
    Green: Noble service and tax len
    Dark Red: Property of the church
    Orange: Mortage-len of the church
    Bright Yellow: Ejler Byrskes and Mogens Gøyens len (In Jutland) Henrik Gøyens (In Zealand) and Johan Wezes (In Skåne)

I'm not sure who Ejler Byrske, Mogens Gøyen, Henrik Gøyen and Johan Weze were and what part they played in danish politics, but they must have had some kind of influence to be mentioned by name on the map.
    Last edited by Cainrae; 06-04-2011 at 21:00.

updated. 47 new flags added.

Great looking flags so far

once again updated. I applied a filter and lighting. Does it look better now?

edit: I forgot to update the flag of Baden. I will fix this soon.
    Last edited by minefield; 22-04-2011 at 17:02.

Definitely looks a lot better now! Downloading

just a minor update adding 16 new flags and a fixed flag of Baden.

I'm just waiting for a more complete version to be released before I download this. Don't want to have to keep track of everything I download when I compile stuff from a variety of mods into my own person thing. Beautiful work though.

Thanks for the comment!

As long as I know that there is some interest in this flagmod, I'll be further developing it.

I dunno why you think this mod isn't very good, I think it looks absolutely awesome. I really don't wanna see this die at all

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    Hey great flags, I just started using them and consider it a nice little improvement.

They work fine if you want to play using SRI, just copy-to & overwrite the \mod\SRI\gfx\flags folder and you're good to go.

Thanks for your efforts, cheers!

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne
    EUIV: Art of War

These flags have a nice texture.

Game Breaking Bug DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Art of War

Good work Minefield.

May i please include your flags in my mod, with full credits of course?

And would you be willing to create a few more, since i added some countries that do not exist in vanilla EU3?
    There are no more cannibals among us, we ate the last one yesterday!

На Львов!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Provinces-Mod

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast