• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last edited:
Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI3: In the Shadow of the Iron Cross - by BigBadBob
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI3: War and comedy just don't fit together very well in my world...
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI3: End of Empire - by Redandwhite (I would like to give one to Loki100 as well for his masterpiece, theGreat Patriotic War, but I guess I just have one vote :( )
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI3: Axis combined Multiplayer AAR - by Traks et al. The bad thing is - it's a mish mash of several writers variuos styles. The good thing is - it's a mish mash of several writers various styles. All in all - it make very interesting reading for a MP-sucker like myself.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sudden Carnage is only eligible for HOI3, Open Category is for games that are too small to get a whole category of their own (EU:Rome, For the Glory, Arsenal of Democracy, AGEOD games, Darkest Hour, Diplomacy).

What exactly are the definitions of narrative vs. history-book AARs?

Basically, if there's a story being told like it would be in a novel, particularly with conversation, then it's narrative. If it sounds like a history as written in a history book then it's historybook. It's a matter of how the story is told. Some AARs are kind of in between, but most can be categorized this way.

Rensslaer

Last edited:
AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 (Round 1)
In this round, all AARs updated in 2011 are eligible, provided they were started before April 1st, 2011 (EDST). You can choose which category/s each AAR most represents or you can ask the author for guidance.
Surely, you mean started before April 1st, 2010 ??

Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI3: Sudden Carnage - A CptEasy multiplayer AAR by no other than CptEasy :)

Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2: The Presidents: The Vietnam War Edition by Nathan Madien
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2: Ultimate Showdown 2.0: Now With More Showdowniness - Handsoff AAR by Subi

Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU(1-3) Children of the Sun - a Cuzco MEIOU AAR by Malorous

Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky1/2: News from Nowhere - a Confederate History by Jape

Surely, you mean started before April 1st, 2010 ??

No, he means 2011. As long as an AAR was started even March 31st, 2011, it is eligible. Any AAR that began before 2011, say April 2010, the only requirement is that it has seen an update in 2011. :)

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI3:
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI3:
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI3:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI3:

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2: Weltkriegschaft by The Hypenated1
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2: For King Haakon and the Fjords by El Pip
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2:

Favorite Narrative AAR, EU(1-3):
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU(1-3): Deshtined to Fail - A Khandesh AAR by MorningSIDEr
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU(1-3): Our Kingdom Stands Alone - How the Magyars Transformed Hungary into an Empire by Eber
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU(1-3): Can Oman Into Space? by garudamon11

Favorite Narrative AAR, CK: I Rodrigo: The Annals of the Eran Shahr by Issac Wolfe
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: Bread, Butter and Orange Jews: A Duchy of Khazars AAR by Sylon
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK: We Valiant Sons of Hector: A House d'Este AAR by Space Oddity
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK:

Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky1/2:
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky1/2:
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky1/2:
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky1/2: I Am Siam - A V2 Minor Stategy AAR by Rensslaer

Favorite AAR, Open Category: Penguin Classics - A History of the Vandals by Alfred Packer

Last edited: