+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: AARland Choice AwAARds Round 1

Emperor of Outremer TheCheeseMaster's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Darn, cant vote for myself. Honestly, ive only been following one AAR, I dont feel eligible to vote.
    "I haven't had this much sex since I was a boy scout leader, I mean, at the time, I was dating alot"
    - Lt. Frank Drebin

My AARs at the inkwell

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI3:Monarchy over the Danube - Austria-Hungary 1936-1950 - by G.K.
    Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI3:
    Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI3:Teutonic Dreams - A Germany 1936 HPP AAR - by TheBromgrev
    Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI3:

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2:
    Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI1/2:
    Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2:
    Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI1/2:

Favorite Narrative AAR, EU(1-3):The Eternal Exile: A Nation Hopping AAR - by Ashantai
    Favorite Comedy AAR, EU(1-3):Glory for Ulm: A Flagland AAR - by Svip
    Favorite History-Book AAR, EU(1-3):Porta Atlanticum, Portus Classis / An England MMU AAR - by Chris Taylor
    Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU(1-3):

Favorite Narrative AAR, CK:
    Favorite Comedy AAR, CK:
    Favorite History-Book AAR, CK:
    Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK:

Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky1/2:
    Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky1/2:
    Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky1/2:Raise High the Black Flag ! - A Prussian AAR - by Darknesskilla
    Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky1/2:

Favorite AAR, Open Category:
    Last edited by Nascaram; 03-04-2011 at 23:58.
    Der Menschheit ist die Kugel bei einem Ohr hinein- und beim anderen hinausgegangen.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Hopefully I'll be able to fill this in later, but for now this is all have:

Favorite Narrative AAR, EU(1-3): The Eternal Exile: A Nation Hopping AAR by Ashantai
    Favorite Comedy AAR, EU(1-3): Deshtined to Fail by morningSIDEr
    Favorite History-Book AAR, EU(1-3): Single Men - The Holy See MMU by Gabor
    Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU(1-3): Yin, Yang, and the ugly: a Divine Wind Ming AAR by knul

Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky1/2:
    Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky1/2: An Incidental Empire - A Divergences AAR by gornard
    Recipient of the 6th ever Irish Shamrock Cookie and a birthday cookie! Thank you King_Richard_XI!

Sir dinofs of Gowin-Fártherr, Duke of Insanity, Lord of Tomfoolery, Spirit of Change, Upsetter of the Status Quo, Reverser of Historical Trends, Defeater of Ming, and All-Around Meddler.

Fan of the week, 1-08-2010!
    WRITAAR OF THE WEEK 23-05-2010!

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCheeseMaster View Post
    Darn, cant vote for myself. Honestly, ive only been following one AAR, I dont feel eligible to vote.
    That's okay, we get plenty of those.
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Issac Wolfe View Post
    Ack! Thanks for clearing that up. It's what I get for paying attention.
    No problem! You could consider my other ongoing AAR instead
    Sir NeoCore Slan, OLIR, beta of FtM, appointed judge of Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest, Fan of the Week (22-11-2011) and I also play HoItCG.
    The Historical Plausibility Project 1.0.4 for HoI3, 2.0 for HoI3 - Semper Fi and 2.7 for FtM

My latest work from my Ink Well (which is post #200 in the Ink Well thread):
    Hitler's gamble - An alternative German Strategy (Vanilla HoI3 - Semper Fi 2.03c) finished
    Ten Reasons why Europa Universalis III is the worst game EVER (Vanilla EU3 - Divine Wind) finished
    The New Adventures of the United Nations... in Space - A Space Empires V AAR canceled after Season I

"Always write things on the forums that you’d be happy for your mom to read." - Fredrik Wester

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Favorite Narrative AAR, EU(1-3): Transylvania - Range
    Favorite Comedy AAR, EU(1-3): Glory for Ulm - Svip
    Favorite History-Book AAR, EU(1-3): Gesta Danorum - Salik

Expect links later.
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI3: In the Shadow of the Iron Cross by Big Bad Bob
    Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI3: Gary Busey and Friends by Cubie_hole
    Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI3: The Great Patriotic War by Loki
    Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI3: Sudden Carnage by CaptEasy

Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2: The Great War (mod-1914) by Kurt Steiner

Favorite Narrative AAR, EU(1-3): The Sleeper by Iain Wilson
    Favorite Comedy AAR, EU(1-3):
    Favorite History-Book AAR, EU(1-3): Good Old Cause - A Commonwealth of England AAR by Nuarq

Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky1/2: News from Nowhere by Jape
    Last edited by Redandwhite; 18-04-2011 at 13:44.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI3:Teikoku no eiko (Imperial Glory) - A Japanese HOI3:SF (HPP) AAR-HecNev
    Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI3:Gary Busey and Friends - 1936 USA AAR- cubie_hole
    Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI3:Teutonic Dreams - A Germany 1936 HPP AAR-TheBromgrev
    Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI3:Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) – Germany 1936 AAR – (SF HPP)-Rensslaer

Favorite Narrative AAR, EU(1-3):
    Favorite Comedy AAR, EU(1-3):Ten Reasons why Europa Universalis III is the worst game EVER -Slan
    Favorite History-Book AAR, EU(1-3):Hungary's Rise to Power -EtzelHoveri
    Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU(1-3):About Brittany... A Brittany AAR- jjja494

Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky1/2:History, as should have been written: A Victoria II Mexico AAR.-jaflores
    Last edited by impspy; 06-04-2011 at 03:37.
    The Historical Plausibility Project

"Oh Lord Shiva, protect us from the fang of the cobra, the claw of the tiger, and the vengeance of the Afghan" -old Hindu prayer

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI3:
    Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI3:
    Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI3:
    Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI3:

Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2:

Favorite Narrative AAR, EU(1-3): The Eternal Exile: A Nation Hopping AAR by Ashantai.
    Favorite Comedy AAR, EU(1-3): Glory for Ulm: A Flagland AAR by Svip.
    Favorite History-Book AAR, EU(1-3): Single Men - The Holy See MMU by gabor.
    Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU(1-3): Always WAAR - A British Always War AAR by TheCheeseMaster. I suppose you can call it Gameplay AAR, if I'm mistaken feel free to tell me.

Favorite Narrative AAR, CK:
    Favorite Comedy AAR, CK:
    Favorite History-Book AAR, CK:
    Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK:

Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky1/2:

Favorite AAR, Open Category: The Rise and Fall of the Roman Republic by Stuckenschmidt.
    If you write anything criticizing editing or proofreading, there will be a fault of some kind in what you have written. -Muphry's law

Recipients of the Swedish Meatball of Volvo and Björn Borg:

Svip

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slan View Post
    That would go into the Open Category.

@Issac Wolfe: I'm glad you like it, but I was very careful to start Ten Reasons on April 1st, so it is not eligable for this round
    Your AAR was started on March 31st, EST.

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Majesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by impspy View Post
    Man, my AAR is popular or what! It's a shame it is still not qualified for this round (Not that I could beat Svip, mind you, and I shouldn't either, since his work is beyond awesome, but still. Maybe I will start counting how many votes I had with an AAR that is not even eligible for the voting )

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Capiatlist View Post
    Your AAR was started on March 31st, EST.
    What?! Noooooooooo! My carefully crafted master plan!
    Sir NeoCore Slan, OLIR, beta of FtM, appointed judge of Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest, Fan of the Week (22-11-2011) and I also play HoItCG.
    The Historical Plausibility Project 1.0.4 for HoI3, 2.0 for HoI3 - Semper Fi and 2.7 for FtM

Hitler's gamble - An alternative German Strategy (Vanilla HoI3 - Semper Fi 2.03c) finished
    Ten Reasons why Europa Universalis III is the worst game EVER (Vanilla EU3 - Divine Wind) finished
    The New Adventures of the United Nations... in Space - A Space Empires V AAR canceled after Season I

"Always write things on the forums that you’d be happy for your mom to read." - Fredrik Wester

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Slan View Post
    What?! Noooooooooo! My carefully crafted master plan!
    The lesson here, young padawan, is to always check the time in Hawaii or Wellington if one intends to post on a certain date.

PS. So I may vote for Ten Reasons? Most... Excellent.
    Sir Robert, OLIR, Sovereign of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert
    Knights of the Order: TemplarComander, loki100, Enewald, Chris Taylor, Nathan Madien, Svip, Slan, (Mr.) Capiatlist, LeCare, Redandwhite, ThunderHawk3
    Ever wanted to become President? Now you have the chance in The Presidents: 1836 - 1936 - An Interactive US AAR!
    Current President: Richard A. Jarvis (R)
    Current V-President: William Gallatin (R)

Joseph Henry Harrison (1903 - 19??), General, US Army, ret.
    My Inkwell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBob View Post
    The lesson here, young padawan, is to always check the time in Hawaii or Wellington if one intends to post on a certain date.

PS. So I may vote for Ten Reasons? Most... Excellent.
    Yes, technically Slan can abstain (which I believe he will do), so you will technically be wasting your vote.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Capiatlist View Post
    Yes, technically Slan can abstain (which I believe he will do), so you will technically be wasting your vote.
    Hmm... Well, until he specifically says so, I think I'll keep Ten Reasons on my ballot.
    Sir Robert, OLIR, Sovereign of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert
    Knights of the Order: TemplarComander, loki100, Enewald, Chris Taylor, Nathan Madien, Svip, Slan, (Mr.) Capiatlist, LeCare, Redandwhite, ThunderHawk3
    Ever wanted to become President? Now you have the chance in The Presidents: 1836 - 1936 - An Interactive US AAR!
    Current President: Richard A. Jarvis (R)
    Current V-President: William Gallatin (R)

Joseph Henry Harrison (1903 - 19??), General, US Army, ret.
    My Inkwell

Ohm... That would technically be the third vote for Ten Reasons, so I'm not really sure I would want to abstain. Then again, considering Svip's (rightfully earned) popularity, it would be pretty much a miracle if I won in that category

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Favorite Comedy AAR, EU(1-3): Glory for Ulm: A Flagland AAR by Svip
    Favorite History-Book AAR, EU(1-3): Savoy Vey! A quaint little Savoy AAR (HtTT) by RedTemplar
    Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU(1-3): Always WAAR - A British Always War AAR by TheCheeseMaster

Favorite Comedy AAR, CK: Suenik the Beleaguered - a None Too Serious AAR by Iain Wilson
    Favorite History-Book AAR, CK: History of the White Eagle II by thrashing mad

Favorite AAR, Open Category: War in the East. The Rise of Zhao by Lofman

Will add the EU AARs closer to the deadline - as that's what I mostly read, there are just too many good options. So I can still be swayed with future updates.
    Last edited by Malurous; 28-04-2011 at 11:44.
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    62 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Malurous View Post
    Will add the EU AARs closer to the deadline - as that's what I mostly read, there are just too many good options. So I can still be swayed with future updates.
    Technically you should base your votes on what has already been written in the previous months, not on what could be written the coming weeks.

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Qorten View Post
    Technically you should base your votes on what has already been written in the previous months, not on what could be written the coming weeks.
    Ah, well that changes things. Still have some difficult choices to make however...
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

favorite narrative AAR, HOI3: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...erman-Strategy by Slan
    favorite gameplay AAR, HOI3: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...#8211;-(SF-HPP) by Rensslaer
    favorite history-book AAR, HOI:: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...y-1936-HPP-AAR by TheBromgrev

uhm, that didn't quite come out the way it was supposed to
    Last edited by misterbean; 05-04-2011 at 20:02.
    Germany Tutorial, Take Two: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post13243122 or find it in the Major Threads sticky.
    Tutorial AAR in pdf form available on Gamefront, courtesy of Davy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7H...it?usp=sharing
    Honoured by USKnight for the above tutorial here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post14404907
    Current EU IV AAR: La Douce France http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post17163635 Completed!

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSword of the Stars II
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI3: Hitler's Gamble by Slan
    Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI3: Gary Busy and Friends by cubie_hole
    Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI3: The Great Patriotic War by loki100
    Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI3: Sudden Carnage by CptEasy (this is a mostly gameplay with some narrative sections AAR, so I'm not sure where to put it...)

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI1/2: Siegerkranz - Germany's Place in the Sun by c0d5579
    Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI1/2: We Are Outnumbered.... by soulking
    Last edited by TheBromgrev; 05-04-2011 at 23:15.
    The Historical Plausibility Project - 1.0.4 (final) for HoI3, 2.04 (final) for SF, 3.0.0 (final) for FtM, 3.3.2 (beta) for TFH
    Alt-History: Code Geass Timeline - v1.8 for Victoria 2: A House Divided (final), v2.2 for Heart of Darkness, based on the Pop Demand mod

My information thread about ww2 naval expansion for the world's naval powers, large and small. Last update October 25, 2014; corrected the Japanese entry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast