+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) MiscMods

No John, you are the Syndies IconOfEvi's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Also, Druze religion! A big question, while it is Islamic, its considered so far out that should it be considered in the Islamic relig group game wise?

- in normal game, around Lebanon, and can appear as a heresy
    - Black Death campaign, perhaps Magyaristan or Al-Alemand should have it as their religious choice? That or a new country
    - In Peace of God, make Syria Druze? Or just have them mucking about like in normal?
    - In Shattered Europe, independent Syria/Lebanon with Druze relig?
    Nationality - American
    Religion - Sikh
    Political Ideology - Anti-Communist, Raj America

Anglo-Icelandic Canadian An Elder Thing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

With the DAO map, Georgia looks so beautiful...

Anyways, I have an idea for event based off of the "Tears in the Rain" scene from Bladerunner, for Dark Continent, I am not sure, but can there be events for certain scenarios only? I mean beyond the setup events. The idea is that it is a flavour event to set the somber tone, and it takes place in the first few years of the game and in a European colony only. Essentially in it a colonist encounters an old man who tells of his sights that he has seen in his life before passing away.

The Dark Continent scenario is pretty cool, and probably makes for interesting AAR material.
    "To this later, for now I just want you not to stand in the sun." -Diogenes of Sinope, upon being asked if there is anything he wants by Alexander the Great.

"This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures." -Heraclitus of Ephesus

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by An Elder Thing View Post
    Anyways, I have an idea for event based off of the "Tears in the Rain" scene from Bladerunner, for Dark Continent, I am not sure, but can there be events for certain scenarios only? I mean beyond the setup events. The idea is that it is a flavour event to set the somber tone, and it takes place in the first few years of the game and in a European colony only. Essentially in it a colonist encounters an old man who tells of his sights that he has seen in his life before passing away.
    Go to any existing country's file and type:

DATE.XX.01 = { set_global_flag = dark_continent_scenario }
    DATE.XX.02 = { remove_global_flag = dark_continent_scenario }

Obviously, the flag should be set on the day the scenario appears and then the removal should be the day after.

Then create events that only fire if said flag is laid down. The result would be that these events only fire when you load up that scenario since scenarios in MiscMods are specific to a certain day.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

Fixed Distant provinces will no longer lose advanced buildings due to being cut off from your capital.
    Is this fix something easy that anybody can do? Because playing as the Ottomans, with Thrace as my capital, is really starting to piss me off when some other nation's careless rebels stumble into my territory and I lose my level 3 and 4 buildings. >.<

I was wondering - do you install the miscmod units file along with the rest of the mod? and if so - which folder/where shall I place the file in?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Nationality - American
    Religion - Sikh

karhun, if youre looking around, any screenshots you wanna throw this way ?
    Nationality - American
    Religion - Sikh

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Do you find that countries which modernize into one of the tech groups Miscmods introduced (Middle Eastern, East Asian, etc) fall behind in tech compared to western countries despite having the same research efficiency? I just finished a game as Mongol Khanate and despite fully modernizing and going max free subjects my tech was really lacking compared to European countries - at the end Burgundy's land tech was in the 60's while mine was 31! Was it all those poor wool and grain provinces in Central Asia slowing me down?

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

yeah, poor lands kind of slow you down

I imagine you'd also be lacking in a neighbor bonus.

Having trouble playing this with the steam version of DW. Vanilla EU3 loads and plays fine, but miscmod crashes to desktop on load (before main menu) at "Loading Databases..."

Any ideas?

Hi, I'm having some issues getting MiscMods to work.

My version of EU3 is HTTT, and I downloaded the stated final version of MiscMods compatible with it. That was the extracted to the mods folder for EU3, where it shows up as it should. However, when I go into the launcher for EU3, it only gives me the option to play the default version.

Edit: I deleted the MiscMods folder and re-extracted it, now it's working perfectly.

Mod seems very interesting so far!
    Last edited by Jalex; 19-05-2012 at 05:32.
    THIS IS A SIG

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

It occurs to me that Zoroastrianism is not properly fleshed out, Balchuistan, in Shattered Crescent should probably have a unique nation desicision or at least a unique version of the two it already has.

And can we change the name of Moghuls? It should probably be Moghulistan if we can't give it the name Mughal Empire.
    "To this later, for now I just want you not to stand in the sun." -Diogenes of Sinope, upon being asked if there is anything he wants by Alexander the Great.

"This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures." -Heraclitus of Ephesus

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagicka
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

In the DAO version I can't attack natives, is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by An Elder Thing View Post
    It occurs to me that Zoroastrianism is not properly fleshed out, Balchuistan, in Shattered Crescent should probably have a unique nation desicision or at least a unique version of the two it already has.
    What exactly do you mean by that? Unique nation decision in what way? Also the scenario is Peace of God...Shattered Crescent isn't in...yet (?)
    Nationality - American
    Religion - Sikh

I mixed it up with something else, sorry. I meant Peace of God.

And I think there should be at least something to represent a Zoroastrian Persia or India, because why would a Zoroastrian Persia be a theocracy? And I don't think the Mughal flag fits for the Zoroastrian, or even the Buddhists, since you can form the Mughals with a non-Islamic religion in all the scenarios.

Maybe limit it only to Islam, and make a different decision for a different religioned Uzbeks?

As for the Persia, thats EU3 for some reason that makes it come out as a theocracy.

Maybe induvidual kingdoms should come out of the breakup of the Timurids? Or maybe Timurids shouldnt be in TPOG at all?
    Nationality - American
    Religion - Sikh

And Mughals should be limited to just muslims, and a substitute nation would be nice. I am just suggesting stuff based on what I see.

I'd agree with that the Timmies devour poor Armenia pretty much all the time and then eventually get pushed by back the Byzantines if they aren't indisposed. Golden Horde still eats alot of stuff, before either being pushed back or becoming a settled nation.

I am thinking that maybe Lithuania shouldn't hold the Ruthenian/Belorussian provinces, as I am pretty sure with an intact ERE the Orthodox states there would be stronger, so I'd think that the Russian area needs more love in that scenario as well. Essentially what I am saying is that the Russian states should be stronger, Golden Horde should be broken up, Lithuania should be broken up, etc. I am just thinking about the consequences of the historical divergence of the scenario. If Trebizond is strong, then Genoa probably wouldn't be able to take over Kaffa, and if Orthodoxy is strong enough Chersonesos would probably be the provincial capital, it was burnt for the final time around the game's time frame.

No no I understand, and agree so dont worry :P

As for the east...I think a page or two back, I had a decently complex system for ordering the East depending on what a Lithuania player picks as their religious orientation. That could certainly help shift the balance. However, I doubt the Golden Horde should be weakened much - after all, they really didn't have much to do with the Arabs and Turks invasions. Hmmm, maybe some Orthodox crusader states in the East? Perhaps that could work. Or maybe a Golden Horde that is a little smaller, and not Islamic? Seems entirely possible, since they only just became Islamic around the start of the game's time frame. For sure, the Ilkhanate/Jalayarids shouldn't be Islamic as a counterweight. Maybe their culture should change to a hybrid/new culture (in the Arab group tho) if they manage to survive 20-50 years? Seems a nice idea, as Ive seen them survive sometimes, and even thrive.

Making the Turks part of the Byzantine culture group seems like a good idea to reiterate. That way, the Byzantine Emprie can be what is if a Christian state forms the Empire, and the Ottoman if its a Muslim state forming it...and perhaps something else if its a different state forming it. Personally, I dont think the Byzies should start with ALL of Anatolia too, seems just slightly OP. I like NoIslam's idea of having some more provs there, but the Turks have been making inraods...however they are all Buddhist, and pre-Ottoman beyliks (like Kipchaks, etc). With the Golden Horde also Buddhist, it adds interesting religious formulation to the penninsula...also makes an interesting possibility of Buddhism instead of Islam the main threat/counter to Christianity in The POG scenario.
    Nationality - American
    Religion - Sikh

Quote Originally Posted by IconOfEvi View Post
    No no I understand, and agree so dont worry :P

As for the east...I think a page or two back, I had a decently complex system for ordering the East depending on what a Lithuania player picks as their religious orientation. That could certainly help shift the balance. However, I doubt the Golden Horde should be weakened much - after all, they really didn't have much to do with the Arabs and Turks invasions. Hmmm, maybe some Orthodox crusader states in the East? Perhaps that could work. Or maybe a Golden Horde that is a little smaller, and not Islamic? Seems entirely possible, since they only just became Islamic around the start of the game's time frame. For sure, the Ilkhanate/Jalayarids shouldn't be Islamic as a counterweight. Maybe their culture should change to a hybrid/new culture (in the Arab group tho) if they manage to survive 20-50 years? Seems a nice idea, as Ive seen them survive sometimes, and even thrive.

Making the Turks part of the Byzantine culture group seems like a good idea to reiterate. That way, the Byzantine Emprie can be what is if a Christian state forms the Empire, and the Ottoman if its a Muslim state forming it...and perhaps something else if its a different state forming it. Personally, I dont think the Byzies should start with ALL of Anatolia too, seems just slightly OP. I like NoIslam's idea of having some more provs there, but the Turks have been making inraods...however they are all Buddhist, and pre-Ottoman beyliks (like Kipchaks, etc). With the Golden Horde also Buddhist, it adds interesting religious formulation to the penninsula...also makes an interesting possibility of Buddhism instead of Islam the main threat/counter to Christianity in The POG scenario.
    That would be interesting, but Islam should still have some ability to claw its way back up on its own. They might be beaten back, but they would still have massive amounts of territory in Africa, and parts of the Middle East.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast