+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) MiscMods

Two suggestions regarding the Shattered Europe scenario:
    1) The English pagans (Northumberland) should be Asatru, not Druidic.
    2) The Muslim Spain should be called Al-Andalus rather than Iberia; also, the capital should probably be Cordoba rather than Mercia, and the colour and flag should be changed (the colour should probably be green and the flag green and white; the current flag is a bit out of place).
    It is not sufficient that I succeed- all others must fail- Genghis Khan

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by LAF1994 View Post
    2) The Muslim Spain should be called Al-Andalus rather than Iberia; also, the capital should probably be Cordoba rather than Mercia, and the colour and flag should be changed (the colour should probably be green and the flag green and white; the current flag is a bit out of place).
    I think Northumberland should be catholic anyway, it was one of the first to convert, the south was pagan for much longer so England being made asatru could be interesting.
    "Resistance is futile. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be assimilated into the collective." - Genghis Khan

Quote Originally Posted by eliphas8 View Post
    I think Northumberland should be catholic anyway, it was one of the first to convert, the south was pagan for much longer so England being made asatru could be interesting.
    Northumberland also had heavier Norse influences, and I think the idea behind the pagan Northumberland is an alt-history scenario where Christianity does not spread effectively among the general English population (only the nobility), so a 'rebel' state would be the one that would be pagan.
    It is not sufficient that I succeed- all others must fail- Genghis Khan

Both Yazgod (province_id = 1846) and Angora (province_id = 326) are renamed to Boukellarion when made greek culture. Yazgod needs a different greek name.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Agreed with #2.
    "Don't start a fight when there is nothing to win."
    - Erwin Rommel, The "Desertfox"

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by fhrugby View Post
    Both Yazgod (province_id = 1846) and Angora (province_id = 326) are renamed to Boukellarion when made greek culture. Yazgod needs a different greek name.
    Oops, fixed.

1) Northumberland being a different religion than every one of their neighbors puts them in a bad spot. I could put in another religious ultimatum for them, but probably something more involved than just picking one. Maybe a decision for their neighbors to send missionaries. Make it a race between the British powers to convert them rather than to just conquer them. The Asatru religion is pretty weak as it is. Norway and Sweden can't hold the line by themselves.

2) Artistic and/or historically minded individuals are encouraged to post new flags. It's not my strong point and I often accept outside help in that area.

MiscMods .80 early 2012! Or else!

How about making southern England druidic, Northumberland Astaru and Ireland mostly catholic but with an Astaru enclave at Dublin? It's kinda weird that the Ireland are druidic when the christian religion had been dominant there so long.
    B.B.B.B.B.B.B.B.B.Mod for CK II

Every winter my Uncle Bilbert used to go out and buy clothes for his entire hobbit family. I remember the first year I came along with him shopping. His tongue was swollen up so he was unable to speak but my uncle Bilbert was not concerned. He simply took me and my cousins to town and proudly presented his young relatives to the shopkeeper. The wise old clothesmaker just smiled and started taking measurements. After so many years of business he didn't hesitate to in fur my uncle's hobbits.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I again move a proposition to make miscmods the official patch 5.2

Its just awesome

Also, another request on vassals - is there any way to make your vassals (or at least released countries) strive to follow your slider moves? i.e. if you try go innovative as fast as possible, they try to as well

Also, I dunno if Ive ever played far enough into, but maybe in Peace of God or even rather Shattered Europe, can you make Sikhism able to spread in Arabia? As in they get conversion events/choice? Guru Nanak did visit even to around Mecca irl. And maybe in Heart of Darkness, one of the Islamic countries in Europe should get an event chain?

As for Heart Of Darkness, a lot of the better ideas were a few pages back, but I cant find em

MiscMods .80 early 2012! Or else!
    Damn you Skyrim!
    Last edited by IconOfEvi; 05-12-2011 at 02:28.
    Nationality - American
    Ethnicity - American
    Religion - Sikh
    Political Ideology - Anti-Communist, Raj America

Modern Psycho-General CivandEUIII's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad93 View Post
    I suppose that the Mamluks will be Hammerfell.
    And obviously, Brittany will be High Rock.
    (Bretons? )

Also hugely relieved this did not end with the report "The Three Mountains achievement broken. Steps to reproduce: ..." - Rufo
    "I pity the fool who has to fill out 272 years of Indian history." - Cuthuthulu
    "
    (Wouldnt Hitler look much friendlier with curls and that silly mustache shaved off?)" - podcat
    "
    This ascii art is terrible." - Jacob Braughton on titin

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

This is a very small issue for me, hell, it's not even an issue, I just wanted to mention it. Would it be possible to have the headers of the mission pop ups display a correct title? Most of the new religions you so wonderfully introduced don't have any headers for their missions. Just something as simple as "Our Gods demand" ... or something.

Thanks very much

Impossible? A Challenge! jorian's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Blog Entries
    Question: Miscmod for MEIOU's new map, yes/no? I remember how I lover Dark Continent in an early version, playing as Trebizond and reclaiming the former provinces of the Roman Empire, it was a fun and hard game. Redoing the same on that epic map would be great.
    "Maps are cool, everybody loves maps!" - Johan

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by jorian View Post
    Question: Miscmod for MEIOU's new map, yes/no? I remember how I lover Dark Continent in an early version, playing as Trebizond and reclaiming the former provinces of the Roman Empire, it was a fun and hard game. Redoing the same on that epic map would be great.
    Read a few pages back and you will see the answer...
    "Don't start a fight when there is nothing to win."
    - Erwin Rommel, The "Desertfox"

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by IconOfEvi View Post
    Damn you Skyrim!
    I still have a wishlist of a few things I want to try out, including ai commands for prettier colonies and a new scenario likely centered around Mongolia/China/Japan. Maybe random ruler traits, those seem like they could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by McCann1991 View Post
    This is a very small issue for me, hell, it's not even an issue, I just wanted to mention it. Would it be possible to have the headers of the mission pop ups display a correct title? Most of the new religions you so wonderfully introduced don't have any headers for their missions. Just something as simple as "Our Gods demand" ... or something.

Thanks very much
    Which missions are you referring to? Are they the generic "liberate religious brothers in (province)?" I would be on board with changing that to THOR COMMANDS YOU and so on.

Modern Psycho-General CivandEUIII's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

It always says "your whatever god has told you to do x" for any mission.
    (God's Will has been made clear to you, that sort of thing?

Also hugely relieved this did not end with the report "The Three Mountains achievement broken. Steps to reproduce: ..." - Rufo
    "I pity the fool who has to fill out 272 years of Indian history." - Cuthuthulu
    "
    (Wouldnt Hitler look much friendlier with curls and that silly mustache shaved off?)" - podcat
    "
    This ascii art is terrible." - Jacob Braughton on titin

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Karhunkynsi View Post
    I still have a wishlist of a few things I want to try out, including ai commands for prettier colonies and a new scenario likely centered around Mongolia/China/Japan. Maybe random ruler traits, those seem like they could be fun.
    New scenario?! Well why didn't you say so earlier!?! We coulda helped brainstorm! All those ideas sound good.

Also, not really faulting you for Skyrim, since everyone I know has tried it has gotten hooked, so...
    Nationality - American
    Ethnicity - American
    Religion - Sikh

A scenario that makes East Asia not suck sounds pretty great.

Playing Asia gets boring becasue eventually -and sooner rather than later- all games end up as the player and Ming starting at each other across the border to see who blinks first, follower by a war, a truce, and back again to the beggining.

So I think a Shattered Asia might be an interesting game. Do not conquer Ming... Rebuild the Middle Kingdom form its ashes!

I just freshly installed MiscMod, and for some reason all countries start with a broken mission; }_title.
    This causes the game to slow down by about 15 times.. Very annoying, how do I fix it?

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Yeah, just like CivandEUIII said, I think at the moment the pop up says something along the lines of 'title_oldpagan_' blah blah. I'm preeeeeetty sure that it can be changed in localisation, but having little modding experience I'm not sure. And perhaps for the Incans or Aztec type religions, 'The Sun commands!' etc. etc. If you were able to personalise the mission titles for each religion, that'd be just swell. But don't feel in any way pushed to do anything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rakhasa View Post
    Playing Asia gets boring becasue eventually -and sooner rather than later- all games end up as the player and Ming starting at each other across the border to see who blinks first, follower by a war, a truce, and back again to the beggining.

So I think a Shattered Asia might be an interesting game. Do not conquer Ming... Rebuild the Middle Kingdom form its ashes!
    Why not a shattered world while at it? Shattered Europe should be more accurately renditioned, because it is also the triumph of Islam, the continuance of the old religions, etc

I thought many pages back a scenario with switched religious areas in the world (Dharmic in Europe/etc, Abrahamic in Asia).

Speaking of scenarious, if needing more, there are both the No Islam and Roman Empire mods, which could easily be alt-scenarios
    Nationality - American
    Ethnicity - American
    Religion - Sikh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast