+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) MiscMods

Anglo-Icelandic Canadian An Elder Thing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I am talking about the geographical area of Iceland, an independent Iceland wouldn't have had its economy screwed up, and wouldn't be as poor as OTL. If Venice hadn't sacked Constantinople, they wouldn't be as rich, and wouldn't own all of their overseas territory, and without the Mongols Kaffa would probably be better off, and its capital would likely be Chersonesos (modern day Sevastopol, it was destroyed around the games start). A simple change in history can have a large impact on an area.
    "To this later, for now I just want you not to stand in the sun." -Diogenes of Sinope, upon being asked if there is anything he wants by Alexander the Great.

"This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures." -Heraclitus of Ephesus

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by IconOfEvi View Post
    Iceland obly shows up naturally in the Heart Of Darkness and Shattered Europe scenarios :P
    Heart of Darkness?
    You mean Dark Continent, and its called Dark Continent, so please use the name Dark Continent.
    "Don't start a fight when there is nothing to win."
    - Erwin Rommel, The "Desertfox"

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

Heart of Darkness . . . sounds like another scenario opportunity. . Open colonization of horde lands, anyone?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Yammka View Post
    Heart of Darkness . . . sounds like another scenario opportunity. . Open colonization of horde lands, anyone?
    Eh, I prefer a more alt-history one rather than that. I think a kind of Shattered World would be pretty fun for that, try to create the most wartorn and violent world possible or something.
    "Resistance is futile. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be assimilated into the collective." - Genghis Khan

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eliphas8 View Post
    Eh, I prefer a more alt-history one rather than that. I think a kind of Shattered World would be pretty fun for that, try to create the most wartorn and violent world possible or something.
    This wouldn't be especially difficult with Shattered Europe as a base. The only difficulty would be China which is considerably homogeneous.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Congrats on over 100k views btw!
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    This wouldn't be especially difficult with Shattered Europe as a base. The only difficulty would be China which is considerably homogeneous.
    There where still more than a few times where China was disunified and consisted of about two or three "chinas" if you could just magnify that it could easily mess China up as much as Europe.
    "Resistance is futile. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be assimilated into the collective." - Genghis Khan

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengoku

Could quite easily break China up just depends how many new tags they want to add. Could easily come up with 15 or 20 Chinese nations just using historic dynasties and rebellious states for the names. Could even fill in empty spaces in Africa and Asia with various tribal nations if they want to invest in the needed tags. Would be fun to have the whole world filled with small and medium sized nations though may want to have the hordes not as hordes government type as else they would devour several of the smaller nations and get scary big.

Just off the top of my head the following would be good for China. They could be creative with placement of the nations as groups claiming a name would appear in differing places in history. I list just my base suggests below. Note that these are just 28 easy to find ones, with a little more work can find a ton more.

Chen, Cheng, Chu, Han, Jin, Liang, Liao, Liaoxi, Min, Ming, Qi, Qin, Qing, Shang, Shu, Shun, Song, Sui, Tang, Wei, Wu, Xia, Xin, Yan, Yin, Yuan, Zhao, Zhou
    Last edited by Azog; 27-03-2012 at 08:21.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    Most of those dynasties were based around the same city and overlapped/conquered one another. For example, most western dynasties were centered around Chengdu or Hanzhong while eastern ones were based around Nanjing almost exclusively. Northern dynasties until the modern period were centered around the ancient city of Luoyang or Chang'an.

You could definitely do the Yuan Dynasty, Qing Dynasty, Ming Dynasty, and a revived Song Dynasty. In the south, you could do some of the outlaw/pirate states that exist in D&T's 1356 scenario. There's always the recurring state of Eastern Wu. Xinjiang is also a good idea, but I don't think China's 1399 borders extend far enough west for that.

Chinese states didn't really "revive" former states since they were stylized after the ruling dynasty, so the options are limited if you want plausibility.

If you really wanted to, you could justify the use of Shun, an attempted Ming successor state, and Taiping, the Christian kingdom founded in the 1800s. The problem there though is that Taiping would probably be classified as Nanjing or an immediate neighbor which creates a problem for other eastern/southern dynasties as per before.

It's definitely doable but it should be done right and not involve slapping random dynasty names on a map.

No John, you are the Syndies IconOfEvi's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchemperor View Post
    Heart of Darkness?
    You mean Dark Continent, and its called Dark Continent, so please use the name Dark Continent.
    Look in the txt files, its called Heart Of Darkness there. Or at least it was called so in previous versions

Ive liked the idea of having a world where the religions between east and west are essentially switched...but thats just one of many alt-history ideas. Ya gotta admit, one of miscmods greatest strengths is the alt-history scenarios where it always manages to fire your imaginations as to what could be. More campaigns could be nice - Heart Of Darkness does sound like a good name for a scenario. But what would it be?

A minor note on China, according to the miscmods site, seems the work is already done on certain ideas : "Several new Chinese unification tags."
    Nationality - American
    Religion - Sikh
    Political Ideology - Anti-Communist, Raj America

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagicka
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Another minor thing: Can we change Badajoz in the Shattered Europe to Batalyos? That was the muslim name for the city, according to Wikipedia.

I only seem to have the Shattered Europe and Peace of God scenarios bookmarked? I was kinda hoping to play Dark Continent.

See if going to the dark continent day does it.

Heart of Darkness scenario could be something like an Europe (and other continents?) Largely uncolonized, with a lot of OPMs and all of them with some primitive governments and such

Then there could be events, decisions related to them developing and becoming more sophisticated, IMO, that could be interesting.

Also no unions existing at start, instead minors that could form countries, like London (?) forming England

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Yes I would love to play as London what if plus the OPM there were other citys like Paris and Rome(hehe) and Barcelona being countrys that could be very interesting

No John, you are the Syndies IconOfEvi's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thats really no different than the one mod from long ago that does exactly this...

One of the things that makes the alternate miscmods scenarios interesting is how different the countries and even cultures can be. For example, the Black Plague campaign has unique countries like Faransa, Al-Alemand, etc show up, along with inspiration and tearworthy events. Compare this to say, Shattered Europe where many of the countries and more exist, its just you get a sense something is all wrong - and other interesting choices show up (Lithuania's decision time). Or Peace of God, where not only are Crusader states around, but religions like Cathar are there.

There needs to be things that make the timelines special, which could only be crafted from things like a long thought out alternate history timeline, like Azeri mod or NoIslam scenario, or something that radically shakes up the status quo (the idea I had earlier where religious positions in the world switched between east and west). Having a Catholic OPM London around surrounded by empty land simply means you'll eventually have a GBR in even faster time than usual from the Grand Campaign.
    Nationality - American
    Religion - Sikh
    Political Ideology - Anti-Communist, Raj America

Thats really no different than the one mod from long ago that does exactly this...

One of the things that makes the alternate miscmods scenarios interesting is how different the countries and even cultures can be. For example, the Black Plague campaign has unique countries like Faransa, Al-Alemand, etc show up, along with inspiration and tearworthy events. Compare this to say, Shattered Europe where many of the countries and more exist, its just you get a sense something is all wrong - and other interesting choices show up (Lithuania's decision time). Or Peace of God, where not only are Crusader states around, but religions like Cathar are there.

There needs to be things that make the timelines special, which could only be crafted from things like a long thought out alternate history timeline, like Azeri mod or NoIslam scenario, or something that radically shakes up the status quo (the idea I had earlier where religious positions in the world switched between east and west). Having a Catholic OPM London around surrounded by empty land simply means you'll eventually have a GBR in even faster time than usual from the Grand Campaign.
    You mean the civilization Universalis mod? Yes, it is different, i have played that mod and i know it well.

Like i said, there would be a big number of countries on that scenario, plus they would all have primitive governments, maybe even colonizing european land could be different than the usual, with events and decisions related to it...

Another alternative is no uncolonized land on Europe or Asia, and instead have some very primitive countries, and borders like shattered Europe (biggest number of released nations possible)
    Last edited by Duke of Britain; 04-04-2012 at 20:05.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

True, I love the NoIslam mod while it is the 0.1 version and dead. The Romans and friends for MEIOU is also very good.
    "Don't start a fight when there is nothing to win."
    - Erwin Rommel, The "Desertfox"

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Hmm Ill try to think of a really unique timeline thing but also would this mod work with a vic 2 converter mod and if so can you please post a link to one

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club

Hello.

I know this is a lot to ask, but have you thought of using the beautiful Devlet-i Ali Osman map mod with this? I think it would be perfect with most of the scenarios that come with this. I do, on the other hand, understand the amount of work that would be required to convert from the vanilla map to the Devlet-i Ali Osman map, so no need to make a fuss about it.

Cheers,

Mundane

Edit: Oh, never seen that there. is it on the OP? If not, post accordingly. Thanks!
    Last edited by Mundane; 08-04-2012 at 21:22.
    "There is no logic behind EU4 events, only hate." -Anon

I'm scared of moderators.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast